2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A here -- rooting for y'all!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Their 2022 match list was more impressive than I expected. 9 ortho, 7 urology, 3 plastics, 3 optho, and 3 ENT

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Their 2022 match list was more impressive than I expected. 9 ortho, 7 urology, 3 plastics, 3 optho, and 3 ENT
Where did you access this info? I see they have a map and you can look at individual entries but is there a formal match list like previous years? Seems like a great turnout

Where did you access this info? I see they have a map and you can look at individual entries but is there a formal match list like previous years? Seems like a great turnout
This year's list was given out during second look. I don't think they've updated their website with it yet

withdrew over the weekend, good luck to those on the wl!! hopefully movement will start soon :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email that I got off the waitlist! Manifesting that more people will hear back today

Reactions: 8 users
Looks like everyone got their email at once, the rest of us will have to wait for the next wave
IMG_7922.GIF

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea how many more waitlist acceptance waves there will be and when they can be expected? NYMC is my top choice and I’m heartbroken that I haven’t been accepted. Being waitlisted seems to just be prolonging the pain… Thank you in advance for any answers!

Reactions: 4 users
Also, for the people who have been accepted off the waitlist. What do you recommend including in update letters?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any idea how many more waitlist acceptance waves there will be and when they can be expected? NYMC is my top choice and I’m heartbroken that I haven’t been accepted. Being waitlisted seems to just be prolonging the pain… Thank you in advance for any answers!
If you look at last years thread, NYMC accepted a lot of people off the waitlist last year and even offered deferred acceptances to people! This month is huge for movement, you just have to let it run its course. Also if you haven’t already, send your LOI

I sent a LOI directly to the dean of admissions - should I somehow try to confirm that it was received? Should I resend to the admissions committee instead?

They also emailed me 2 minutes later with a scholarship offer!! :0 unexpected since they waitlisted me
Wow! I didn't know they do scholarships! I read they have very limited funding for grants/scholarships. Is this common? How much did they give you?

Wow! I didn't know they do scholarships! I read they have very limited funding for grants/scholarships. Is this common? How much did they give you?
I have no idea how common it is! I was very surprised. They offered me $20k each year (so 80k over four years) which is very kind. But ultimately, after weighing everything out, I have decided I will be withdrawing. So I hope the scholarship and A now goes to one of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew yesterday, was given a 20k a year scholarship. Good luck everyone!

You already posted twice yesterday about declining the WL offer and receiving a scholarship. No need to keep stroking your ego😂
Oh no, someone’s mad 😖. I just wanted to confirm to others that I definitely withdrew and the amount of scholarship, it’s something I’d like to know if I was still on waitlist…move along sir, you don’t need to read or respond.

Are your financial aids offers on the TouroOne portal? I got an email providing instructions on accepting the aid, but when I go to the portal, I can't select the 2022-2023 aid year.

Do you guys think it's too late for a LOI? Sent an update/letter of interest at the beginning of the year, but I have a few more things I wanted to add since then, while also confirming that I would def attend

Do you guys think it's too late for a LOI? Sent an update/letter of interest at the beginning of the year, but I have a few more things I wanted to add since then, while also confirming that I would def attend
i feel like it doesn’t hurt to and then you don’t have to regret not doing it if it doesn’t work out

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know anything about them changing the curriculum to 1.5 years? I thought in my interview they mentioned they were for this upcoming semester but I wanted to double check

Anyone know anything about them changing the curriculum to 1.5 years? I thought in my interview they mentioned they were for this upcoming semester but I wanted to double check

They confirmed this during second look day. But I believe they’re still finalizing the schedule.

They confirmed this during second look day. But I believe they’re still finalizing the schedule.
The draft curriculum that they showed us scheduled the preclinical portion to end around February of M2

Has anyone been able to accept their financial package? I submitted all of the required items and can view my package but don’t see an option to accept.

When do you think I should give up hope lol

• Sad
I got accepted today!!! I’m in total shock!! Interviewed February 15th, on the Alternate List since March 23rd!!! :))))

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I spoke to the finance office today- apparently we will get a *separate email* once our finance package is processed so that we can accept it. They expect that to happen in the next couple of days. They also said that all merit based grants come from admissions and that those are done for the year (anything left over would go to needs based grants). And that we only hear about NBGs starting at the end of this month, once the deadline for submitting the forms closes. Hope this helps but of course take it all with a grain of salt.

I was only playing. I'm not sure if op meant to write it in the ds thread lol

Hahah I meant to write in this thread. Got pre-II denied frown downstate. Lol I just went back to check and NYMC admissions did call it the Alternate List in an email to me previously but initially they did say waitlist, my bad! Also another school I was waiting on (not downstate) also called it the “Alternate List” too which probably reinforced it!! Lol wishing you all luck!

• Haha