2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @serotonin1 for sharing this year's secondary prompts with us.

2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Secondary Essays:

Essay Question 1

Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Essay Question 2

Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Optional Additional Information

Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. You may also wish to include any impact that COVID-19 has had on your educational, research, or extracurricular plans. We suggest that you limit your text to about 300 words.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For everyone considering applying, here's last cycle's secondary questions:
  • Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
  • Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.
  • Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. You may also wish to include any impact that COVID-19 has had on your educational, research, or extracurricular plans. We suggest that you limit your text to about 300 words.

Reactions: 2 users
@wysdoc the secondary has not changed since last year per their website:

Essay Question 1

Please write a short essay about why you are applying to the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Essay Question 2

Share with us a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice. We suggest that you limit your essay to about 550 words.

Optional Additional Information

Please feel free to use this space to convey any additional information that you might wish the Committee to know. For example, if you are not currently completing a degree, please share your planned or current activities for this application cycle. You may also wish to include any impact that COVID-19 has had on your educational, research, or extracurricular plans. We suggest that you limit your text to about 300 words.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Secondary Received at 2am!

Frustrated that the failure/challenge essay I wrote doesn't involve seeking any advising as its about a strategy team game.... but god knows I got a lot of failures I can write about.

sorry if this is a stupid question but what is a judicial committee??? is this a specific thing that certain schools have. "Has any of your previous behavior(s) resulted in any review or action by a judicial committee? Have you ever received an honor code and/or conduct violation at any time while enrolled as a full or part-time student?"
It's a specific thing that EVERY school has. It's where Institutional Actions come from, which is exactly what they are asking about, no matter the body happens to call itself at any particular school!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS Secondary received at 2 am last night after being verified yesterday afternoon :D

Members don't see this ad :)
this school is a reach for me but im going to shoot my shot lol- hope all of us get some love this cycle !!!

Reactions: 4 users
How are folks answering the final (optional) prompt? COVID-19 has not had a substantial impact on my plans and involvements (outside of what most other applicants experienced), and the other suggestions do not apply to me as an applicant. I was thinking about adding a short essay about how I would contribute to the school's diversity, but I am wondering if that would be forced.

How are folks answering the final (optional) prompt? COVID-19 has not had a substantial impact on my plans and involvements (outside of what most other applicants experienced), and the other suggestions do not apply to me as an applicant. I was thinking about adding a short essay about how I would contribute to the school's diversity, but I am wondering if that would be forced.
It's open ended, so you honestly cannot go wrong whatever you decide to do, or even not do, since it is optional. That said, it's also fair to assume that diversity prompts are common enough that they would have provided one if they wanted that. JMHO and YMMV.

ah okay! I was looking at the 2019-20 thread where people started getting IIs on July 8th, but maybe that year was an exception
Yeah I think historically Chicago is pretty early with interviews! Possible that it's this week but guess all we can do is wait and see

ah okay! I was looking at the 2019-20 thread where people started getting IIs on July 8th, but maybe that year was an exception
yeah looks like you're right. I was looking at 2020-2021, and that cycle was delayed due to COVID. I wonder if they will abide by their regular schedule or the COVID one

• Hmm
Just checked MSAR and it looks like they're actually starting to send II's out in August. So maybe a diff timeline this year

• Hmm
Is there anyone here thats still working on the secondary? Or has everyone submitted?

OOS
Just Received II
Secondary Completed: July 16
LM: 78
WARS: 94
URM

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
II just now! This is incredible!

Edit: OOS, ORM

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
congrats to everyone getting II amazing stuff is happening!! off topic question- my AMCAS got verified today, how long did it take yall to get the uchicago secondary?

II just received! OOS, 77 LM, submitted 7/2. Very excited for this one!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the II! Complete 7/14! Stats in the signature !

Reactions: 4 users
just got an II, i’m so excited!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Have any of II people been MD/PhD? Thanks!

Congratulations to all of the IIs! Were any of your statuses changed from "Ready" to something like "Under Review" before you got an II?