2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all of the IIs! Were any of your statuses changed from "Ready" to something like "Under Review" before you got an II?
No , a new interview tab appeared but my application status still says complete

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wonder if they'll send any more IIs today/tomorrow? Can't stop obsessively checking my email, send help

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received just now!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/15

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received just now!
LM 76 URM
Complete 07/15
Saw this message.
Got an email at the same moment.
'Click here to see your updated Experian credit report'.
Smash computer.

Edit: but obviously congrats!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Saw this message.
Got an email at the same moment.
'Click here to see your updated Experian credit report'.
Smash computer.
So far, I've noticed that the people getting IIs are either those who were complete super early (like first few days of July) or were complete in mid-July and URM. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better as someone who was complete 7/7 and has heard nothing :rofl:

• Haha
So far, I've noticed that the people getting IIs are either those who were complete super early (like first few days of July) or were complete in mid-July and URM. Or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better as someone who was complete 7/7 and has heard nothing :rofl:
Yeah, honestly I think our problem is our files are just so incredible our reviewer wants to go show them off to everyone before they automatically accept us without an interview.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah, honestly I think our problem is our files are just so incredible our reviewer wants to go show them off to everyone before they automatically accept us without an interview.
Or they forwarded our applications to be considered for faculty positions at the Pritzker School of Medicine, I mean who knows our apps were just that incredible.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II at 7:13
Lizzy M 82.20, ORM, OOS, complete 7/15

Reactions: 3 users
Considering the rolling admissions process and the fact that people are already getting IIs, would I be at a major disadvantage if I apply tonight and submit my seconday as soon as its sent? Or at this point, do you think its too late and I would be better off saving my money? I was not too familiar with this school but after looking into it I think it would be a great fit. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Considering the rolling admissions process and the fact that people are already getting IIs, would I be at a major disadvantage if I apply tonight and submit my seconday as soon as its sent? Or at this point, do you think its too late and I would be better off saving my money? I was not too familiar with this school but after looking into it I think it would be a great fit. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Like everything else, earlier is better, but being complete by Labor Day is fine, pretty much everywhere. Assuming you are already verified, you have plenty of time. IIs just started when? Yesterday? Yeah, you're not too late!

Just got rejected. Kinda nice they reject early. Best of luck to all II-ees!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just got rejected. Kinda nice they reject early. Best of luck to all II-ees!
That's crazy, I had no idea they rejected so early! Regardless, I admire your positive attitude and am rooting for you to end up somewhere great :)

^^ Rejected as well. At least they tell you and don't leave you in suspense! Good luck to everyone still waiting <3

• Sad
@Azn2021 @ahha1234 Yeah I guess it is decent of them to not ghost until March... good luck with the rest of your school list!!! Out of curiosity, when did y'all complete secondaries?

I could swear I saw you on a different thread this weekend where you said you'd received a UChicago II...but maybe I'm mistaken. Congrats regardless!
Ah, yeah I do see I indeed wrote that! Must have been a slip, since I was researching the safety of U of C while I was responding to that thread yesterday. Guess I'm a prophet :) Same thing happened after I mentioned no UCSF secondary!

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Ah, yeah I do see I indeed wrote that! Must have been a slip, since I was researching the safety of U of C while I was responding to that thread yesterday. Guess I'm a prophet :) Same thing happened after I mentioned no UCSF secondary!
wanna manifest a II for me while you're at it?

• Haha
Any early submissions that haven't heard back yet?

the dood reviewing 7/1 must be on vacation ;0

• Haha
Not pressed either, I just wanted to have an idea of how they are going through apps. My gut feeling is heavy weighting on MCAT
n=1 but I submitted 7/1-7/2 (timezone) and I have a 522+ MCAT. Not sure how they’re doing it but I’m hoping that it’s striated by more than just one measure.

Has anyone gotten an interview complete post 7/20?

Not pressed either, I just wanted to have an idea of how they are going through apps. My gut feeling is heavy weighting on MCAT
Of course I can't say for sure, but the interview email seemed to emphasize the impression of LORs more than I expected! (522/complete 7/1)

• Hmm
n=1 but I think this tier of med school is (hopefully) relying on much more than just strict stats. Unlike the stat-focused schools, the ivys already have a reputation and can therefore construct a class based more freely on diverse experiences and perspectives.

n=1 but I submitted 7/1-7/2 (timezone) and I have a 522+ MCAT. Not sure how they’re doing it but I’m hoping that it’s striated by more than just one measure.
+1 they definitely can’t be stratifying apps by just GPA/MCAT