2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the R earlier today, as I expected. Good luck to everyone else! Complete 9/1
Oh wow, they've already reached September? Sorry to hear. I was complete end of August. Where is my R?? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The rejection finally caught me lol, complete early july.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre II R last night. OOS, complete early August. Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II today, I cried a little! Complete mid-July. LM 67 (And they want me???) OOS. Dates available early December. Reminder to shoot your shot and keep your head up. You never know.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R OOS, can't say this was unexpected. good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed with Pritzker back in August and this waiting game is killing me. This program has been my top choice since well before this application cycle began and my love for it just keeps growing and I just want to tell the adcoms PICK ME CHOOSE ME LOVE ME

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I interviewed with Pritzker back in August and this waiting game is killing me. This program has been my top choice since well before this application cycle began and my love for it just keeps growing and I just want to tell the adcoms PICK ME CHOOSE ME LOVE ME
I'm in the same exact boat lmao, the wait is KILLLLER!

• Care
Caught the R! OOS, LM 76 complete 9/3/21

• Care
I'm starting to think that the timing of early acceptances will be similar to last cycle (just before Thanksgiving). But, there's honestly no way to know at this point.

I'm starting to think that the timing of early acceptances will be similar to last cycle (just before Thanksgiving). But, there's honestly no way to know at this point.
I think you're right. Might have to do with the fact that both this year & last they canceled the official "early application" process.

Reactions: 1 user
Another pre-II R coming in hot, complete 8/22 so I'd like to think that maybe my app was heavily debated before the decision haha.

Best of luck to all y'all still in the running!

• Care
I GOT AN II!!! MY DREAM SCHOOL I CANT TELL YOU HOW LOUD THE SCREAM I JUST SCRUMPT!!!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
INTERVIEW INVITE! secondary completed 10/16

Last edited:
  • Love
Do we have access to see who our interviewers are beforehand or nah?

Do we have access to see who our interviewers are beforehand or nah?
From what I remember, the names of 3 people will pop up in the portal sometime before the interview.

I already got rejected a while back lol but wanted to hop on here and give some insight to yall who plan to join. I am also a Uchicago alum (2 years out) and will admit the crime has gone up alot. Uchicago is great and wonderful place to get your education but the crime is starting to seep into Hyde Park and like the previous user said, there have been 3 shooting incidents all in broad day light (one this morning) a couple blocks from the hospital. Summer time the hospital is trauma central and the ED is not the place to be around. During my undergrad I never felt unsafe or scared but to those who do plan to join Pritzker, it truly is a GREAT school despite the circumstances but do your research and ACTUALLY VISIT THE APARTMENT/AREA where you will live before you sign a lease is my biggest advice!! They have started to have more police patrolling but im not going to lie and will say the past few months have been bad w the crime. If you have any questions you can PM me GL

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish this were true...but it's not. Partly due to higher level BS (politics) but there's always those woke-hyperliberal college kids who think more patrols in HP area is "bad for the HP citizens" and "worsens ties between the university and community" as if daily shootings/crime isn't happening at an egregious rate already. I don't know how many more student deaths they'll need to be convinced the patrols are needed, but who knows.

There are actually safe (relatively so) areas to live in but they're far and more expensive, you'd still have to commute through the 'bad' areas, and considering someone was shot in broad daylight just walking to class as another user said, you'd either need a bike or even a car.
There was a similar post of Reddit about JHUs campus.

As someone who grew up in the hood, theres nothing to be proud of to be able to “walk the streets”. It’s not a cool thing to have to have an iron grip on your phone and always look over your soldier. Yes gentrification is the terrible, but people actually act like they would choose O block over their utopia a few blocks north.

I love my people and plan on working with underserved communities my whole life, but there’s a reason why people talk about
“getting out”, it’s not fun for anyone.

I think it’s ironic how the people that like to talk about how these communities are only oppressed and the school is encroaching usually are the same people in $1600 apartments with a security guard at the front desk.

Just my .02.

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected this AM. Not really suprised considering that I was rejected last time I applied with a better application

Complete sometime in august just forget when

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
There was a similar post of Reddit about JHUs campus.

As someone who grew up in the hood, theres nothing to be proud of to be able to “walk the streets”. It’s not a cool thing to have to have an iron grip on your phone and always look over your soldier. Yes gentrification is the terrible, but people actually act like they would choose O block over their utopia a few blocks north.

I love my people and plan on working with underserved communities my whole life, but there’s a reason why people talk about
“getting out”, it’s not fun for anyone.

I think it’s ironic how the people that like to talk about how these communities are only oppressed and the school is encroaching usually are the same people in $1600 apartments with a security guard at the front desk.

Just my .02.
Agree. I live in Oakland and work in a notoriously "bad neighborhood" in San Francisco. It takes a toll on your psyche to constantly be on your guard, even if you think you're super street smart. Med school is already stressful without constantly worrying you're gonna be in the wrong place at the wrong time and get shot.

current student, going to offer some negative perspectives that you won't hear from your interview day students
- 3 UChicago students shot/killed this year, crime rate is going up, doesn't feel all that safe here (if you do come here, REALLY be smart about where you choose to live)
- most the med students are against more police (police have their own problems but we need something rn because of all this crime)
- there is some cancel culture
- the free clinics are kinda bull**** and you don't do much at most of them

there are pros: connections/resources, scholarship $$$, faculty are hella nice, etc

pritzker is still a nice school but I would be lying if I said I would choose it over another similarly ranked school in a safer location at the same cost

edit also this is a old ass account, im not premed anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
current student, going to offer some negative perspectives that you won't hear from your interview day students
- 3 shootings this year, crime rate is going up, doesn't feel all that safe here (if you do come here, REALLY be smart about where you choose to live)
- most the med students are against more police (police have their own problems but we need something rn because of all this crime)

there are pros: connections/resources, scholarship $$$, faculty are hella nice, etc

pritzker is still a nice school but I would be lying if I said I would choose it over another similarly ranked school in a safer location at the same cost

Has the school done anything to address the rising crime rate as of recently/are they taking steps to do anything about it now?

- 3 UChicago students shot/killed this year, crime rate is going up, doesn't feel all that safe here (if you do come here, REALLY be smart about where you choose to live)

What do you mean by "cancel culture"?

Just got the R from here. Complete 7/1 and I’m a current student at UChicago. This really sucks, none of my rejections stung this bad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the R from here. Complete 7/1 and I’m a current student at UChicago. This really sucks, none of my rejections stung this bad.
So odd how they are still sending Rs from 7/1 but sent Rs from later dates earlier.

We are expecting nothing except to be shot on the way to classes apparently
Nahh I wouldn’t say that, I think the point of the conversation was that there is a middle ground.

At least what I was trying to say was... Gentrification and not acknowledging or destroying these communities is bad, but also pretending like the living situation is optimal and enjoyable in these communities is also bad.

For example, the nights in my “Top 5 dangerous city” are filled with homeless and crazy people screaming nonsensical phrases. I don’t like it, and I don’t like 3-4 people asking me for money or following me before class, but I also acknowledge these people were literally drinking lead in the water where they grew up and had a whole set of other factors that caused them to be like this. So sometimes I take a moment and give them my lunch or a couple dollars. At the end of the day it’s all about perspective and understanding why people are the way you are. In a way, that’s what being a doctor is all about 🙂.

Nahh I wouldn’t say that, I think the point of the conversation was that there is a middle ground.

At least what I was trying to say was... Gentrification and not acknowledging or destroying these communities is bad, but also pretending like the living situation is optimal and enjoyable in these communities is also bad.

For example, the nights in my “Top 5 dangerous city” are filled with homeless and crazy people screaming nonsensical phrases. I don’t like it, and I don’t like 3-4 people asking me for money or following me before class, but I also acknowledge these people were literally drinking lead in the water where they grew up and had a whole set of other factors that caused them to be like this. So sometimes I take a moment and give them my lunch or a couple dollars. At the end of the day it’s all about perspective and understanding why people are the way you are. In a way, that’s what being a doctor is all about 🙂.
Completely agree. I just cope through incredibly dark humor.