2021-2022 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know I am being annoying.
do we send 1040 and W2 for both students and parents?
Thanks man
You should submit complete federal tax returns for 2020 for yourself, your parents, and your spouse if you are currently married or are getting married. There is no age cutoff for including parents' tax returns. The Office of Financial Aid requests that you please properly black out all social security numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R just now OOS complete first week of August gl everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, complete 7/12

to add insult to injury, they made me go to the portal to access my rejection letter

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was eating my salad and then got the acceptance email. I wanted to ugly cry but had to chew my salad first. I'M SHAKING!!!

Reactions: 6 users
+2 Pre-II R. Congrats to the acceptances! Y'all rockstars :)

Post II R, congrats to those of y'all who got it

Reactions: 1 user
me, not having been invited for an interview and getting an email saying final decisions are on the portal: "wow I wonder what it is!!! :D"

Congrats all accepted!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
+1 WL, this one stung ahh. huge congrats to everyone who got the A! :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R. Idk if it was that advertisement email they sent me last year, or the “Ivy Allure” that got me to apply. No matter- I can go to my deathbed someday knowing full well I tried to get into Yale.

MSTP and MD only Wailist. Well ****, that was the one decision I didn't want. I really don't want to wait until May to know where I am going, but I am not withdrawing from here before the second week of May. Well ****.

Also, since no one is reporting Rs, one of my friends was rejected from both the MD only and the MD/PhD. Sharing here just so nobody thinks that the waitlist is just given to everyone; waitlist does actually mean something it seems.

Edit: I actually know of three straight rejections from MSTP and MD among some quite high achievers. So at least MSTP, it seems WL means something.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Question: so to hold our seat, we have to respond in the portal and pay the $100, right? We don’t have to change a selection in the CYMS tool, right?

• Hmm
Question: so to hold our seat, we have to respond in the portal and pay the $100, right? We don’t have to change a selection in the CYMS tool, right?
I would be careful responding since it seems you have to withdraw everywhere else? You have until April 30 so no need to respond rn unless youre sure imo

Got an Acceptance at 12:13pm PST! So happy and shocked and still thinking its a mistake :D

I did not see anything about paying any money.

WL, whos got historical stats on WL movement or decision dates?

Waitlisted - does anyone know how many people get in off of the waitlist? Was a bit confused by their stats - they accept 300, but matriculate 100 (according to that stats sheet they shared with us) - wondering how many of those are pulled from the WL

Waitlisted - does anyone know how many people get in off of the waitlist? Was a bit confused by their stats - they accept 300, but matriculate 100 (according to that stats sheet they shared with us) - wondering how many of those are pulled from the WL
MSAR reports approximately 200 applicants on the waitlist with approximately 30 accepted off the waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
So, just to confirm, we have until 4/30 to respond in both the Yale specific portal and CYMS?

So, just to confirm, we have until 4/30 to respond in both the Yale specific portal and CYMS?
would like to know as well. also, for "plan to enroll" on the portal, you have to withdraw all other acceptances while holding WLs, but for "plan to enroll" on CYMS you can still hold other acceptances and WLs? am i getting this right lol

would like to know as well. also, for "plan to enroll" on the portal, you have to withdraw all other acceptances while holding WLs, but for "plan to enroll" on CYMS you can still hold other acceptances and WLs? am i getting this right lol
Yes, to PTE in CYMS, until 5/2, it is not binding, and you can continue to interview and hold acceptances and waitlist offers. For what others are saying, the response in the official Yale portal seems like a different policy. I think that the school specific policies supersede AAMC CYMS, so I now understand what folks were saying to be careful about the portal.

Edit: just checked the portal! Don’t respond until 4/30 lol

Yes, to PTE in CYMS, until 5/2, it is not binding, and you can continue to interview and hold acceptances and waitlist offers. For what others are saying, the response in the official Yale portal seems like a different policy. I think that the school specific policies supersede AAMC CYMS, so I now understand what folks were saying to be careful about the portal.

Edit: just checked the portal! Don’t respond until 4/30 lol
Adding to your comment, can somebody explain what difference does it make if you respond now or later? Also, if we don't respond now, will we still get a financial aid packet?
I'd appreciate anyone helping out ty

Adding to your comment, can somebody explain what difference does it make if you respond now or later? Also, if we don't respond now, will we still get a financial aid packet?
I'd appreciate anyone helping out ty
You can still get a financial aid letter without responding in the portal. They recommend sending in the fin aid paperwork ASAP. Here is the link to the website with all of the forms and requirements: MD Program