2022-2023 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for sharing ur impressions guys! It’s been a struggle trying to moderate WL expectations o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey y'all, just popping in from the waitlist low key hoping peeps with multiple acceptances decided that Harvard/Penn/Columbia etc. were a better fit for them. I really love this school, praying for an acceptance. any other waitlist folks here?
I too have a waitlist and often lurk here hoping for change. Best of luck to you pinchybug!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone send in updates/interest letters? Not sure if it’ll matter but might as well try I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an update/LOI in March and also felt unsure if it would make a difference but thought that it couldn't hurt

Just withdrew my A here. Hurts to have to make these decisions but I hope it goes to one of you on the WL.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I'm a bit unclear on if Yale requires us to PTE today and pay the deposit. Also is the deposit refundable?

I hope that everyone who wants to get in off the waitlist gets in over the coming weeks!

(Me included 🥰)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is there an accepted students groupme, and does anyone know how many people are in it?
I don’t think there is… might be worth setting one up though! 139 in the facebook group, not sure how many are admin though.

There is a groupme! I think it was publicized on the admittedysm instagram originally!

Members don't see this ad :)
AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH just got off the waitlist!!! They called to check if I was interested and then 20 min later I got the call!!! Dont mind me just cry/laughing in the bathroom at work

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH just got off the waitlist!!! They called to check if I was interested and then 20 min later I got the call!!! Dont mind me just cry/laughing in the bathroom at work
Omg congrats!!!!! Now to manifest this same energy for the rest of us on the WL 🙏🙏

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone hear from the MSTP WL? Anxious and wondering if I should move on if the last people are already pulled from the list...

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!!!

Completely unrelated question - how do y'all represent waitlist acceptances in your signature? Do you subtract a number from WL and add one to A, or leave it to represent the immediate post-II decisions? And do you keep the As listed once you withdraw?
Haha I just added one to the "A" category is all

Sorry if this is me being neurotic, but how bad is it if you miss an interest call? I have a weekly commitment where I cannot use my phone for a couple of hours and I'm scared of missing a potential interest call since Yale is my top choice :(

Sorry if this is me being neurotic, but how bad is it if you miss an interest call? I have a weekly commitment where I cannot use my phone for a couple of hours and I'm scared of missing a potential interest call since Yale is my top choice :(
You're gonna be okay. I completely understand why you are stressed, but if they want you they'll make sure they get in touch with you

I feel your anxiety. I'd wager that they would leave a voicemail or e-mail you if they can't reach you by phone. Let's hope we hear good news soon

You're gonna be okay. I completely understand why you are stressed, but if they want you they'll make sure they get in touch with you
I feel your anxiety. I'd wager that they would leave a voicemail or e-mail you if they can't reach you by phone. Let's hope we hear good news soon
Thank you! AHHHHHH, I need to find some more hobbies because this wait is driving me insane

🤡

🤡​

🤡​

• Care
I feel you so hard. Maybe record a custom voicemail message so that when they call you they know that they at least reached the right person? You can also say “please leave a message and I’ll get back to you asap”. I read/heard somewhere when a person has their own voice recording for the voicemail it’s deemed as more positive or something like that. You got this!!!! Hopefully today is the day 🥺

Does anyone know if they call MD/PhD applicants to gauge interest as well?

The silence is deafening…keep picking up my phone like that could manifest a call lol

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Any movement this week? 🥺 Would any currently accepted students be willing to update us on the groupme or Facebook numbers?

Thank you! Would you say the groupme/Facebook group are mostly newly accepted students?

Thank you again! Just trying to figure out at what point to move on from the WL lol :scared:

• Care
It looks like there has still been movement in and out of the GroupMe this week (fluctuating from 107-111 from what I've seen checking twice a day). Is any admitted student able to confirm?

Hey, does anyone know if there’s a group me specifically for MD PhD students? Just trying to get a sense of whether the class has been filled yet. Thanks 🥺

Hey guys, just got the call that I was accepted off of the WL. I'm so grateful and honestly don't even know what to say.

Good luck to all of you. There are many awesome people in here that deserve the same.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Hey guys, just got the call that I was accepted off of the WL. I'm so grateful and honestly don't even know what to say.

Good luck to all of you. There are many awesome people in here that deserve the same.
Not no misfortunate I guess! Congrats!!!

• Haha
Hello! I just got accepted off the waitlist this morning!
I am so grateful and am wishing you all the best of luck. Reading your posts over the months really helped make this process a little less difficult and lonely :')

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hello! I just got accepted off the waitlist this morning!
I am so grateful and am wishing you all the best of luck. Reading your posts over the months really helped make this process a little less difficult and lonely :')
Congrats!!!

• Care
Would a 3rd LOI be excessive to Yale? I really want to send one but I don't want to annoy them

Edit: grammar. lol, I'm so nervous that I can't do grammar anymore

Last edited:
  • Care
Hey everyone! Just gave up my MD spot, so hopefully one of you gets some good news on Monday! ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just got the call that I was accepted off the WL!!! 😭 Canadian, first and only A of the cycle, I honestly cannot believe it still and I am so so grateful. Wishing my sdn homies all the best of luck, everyone here is going to be an amazing doctor ❤️ ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 19 users
I just got the call that I was accepted off the WL!!! 😭 Canadian, first and only A of the cycle, I honestly cannot believe it still and I am so so grateful. Wishing my sdn homies all the best of luck, everyone here is going to be an amazing doctor ❤️ ❤️
Congrats!!! I will look forward to seeing you in August then midwich!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the waitlist today!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users