2022-2023 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
If folks are so inclined, check out @admittedysm on IG! The first-year class are working hard to help people learn more about the school!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL for me too, congrats to everyone and some more waiting for me I suppose!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
WL, I’ll be waiting right there with you 🙏 congrats to y’all for your efforts during the cycle, regardless of the outcome! I’m so proud of everyone ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
WL for me too.

For all of you who got As: Congrats, but I'm really hoping you all get into HMS as well;)

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
To those accepted - We don't need to click anything yet right? For other schools I have had to "accept" the offer but it looks like here we just need to decide by the April deadline? Thank you, forgive me for being a neurotic premed lol

To those accepted - We don't need to click anything yet right? For other schools I have had to "accept" the offer but it looks like here we just need to decide by the April deadline? Thank you, forgive me for being a neurotic premed lol
Yeah it looks like they only wants us to click Accept once we've officially decided to go to Yale before the normal deadline of April 30

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah it looks like they only wants us to click Accept once we've officially decided to go to Yale before the normal deadline of April 30
Sounds good, thanks! That's what it looks like to me too

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the general timeline for FA is if we haven’t yet submitted (after their deadline)?

I would like to report that my 7 waitlist streak has been broken by a Yale post-II R. At least I got to feel something. On to VPS and Harvard :clown: Congrats to all As!!!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Also WL'd. Sad because 0/4 for my interviews. 3 WL's and 1 R. :( :( :( :( :(. I'm going to eat some ice cream now

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Funny dating memes-5-02-14-2023.jpg

me after listening to the email and checking my portal knowing full well I never got an interview

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
WL unfortunately ( this was my top choice). Anyone know what that movement is like/ how many ppl they waitlist?

• Care
In case anyone else admitted almost missed it, there’s a link to an insta in the email and there’s a link to a group me on the insta page!

Edit: there’s a Facebook now too

Last edited:
For other admitted students, it looks like we have to pay our own hotel accommodations for second look weekend, correct? I'm seeing $175 per night which is pricey...

For other admitted students, it looks like we have to pay our own hotel accommodations for second look weekend, correct? I'm seeing $175 per night which is pricey...
Ha, yes but hey! Unit loan is down $5k for us if we end up committing ;)

• Love
You can also stay with a student host - that's what I'm trying to do lol. Airbnb near campus would probably? be cheaper

WL unfortunately ( this was my top choice). Anyone know what that movement is like/ how many ppl they waitlist?
MSAR says theres usually ~200 placed on waitlist with ~30 accepted off of it

• Sad
any chance YSM will pitch for my $1200 second look plane ticket from Hawaii? :shifty:

• Care
  • Wow
MSAR says theres usually ~200 placed on waitlist with ~30 accepted off of it
If we assume that most of those 30 stayed on the waitlist with the intention of accepting an offer, ~30% of the class being admitted off the waitlist seems like decent odds to me (or maybe this is just me coping)

If we assume that most of those 30 stayed on the waitlist with the intention of accepting an offer, ~30% of the class being admitted off the waitlist seems like decent odds to me (or maybe this is just me coping)
I’ll take any copium I can get lmao

For other accepted students, have your interviewers contacted you in the past few days to congratulate you as well?

For other accepted students, have your interviewers contacted you in the past few days to congratulate you as well?
My student interviewer did and asked if I was coming to second look!

• Love
Any advice for getting off the waitlist other than sending update letter/letter of intent? Does it help to say you've been accepted to other high ranking schools (like Harvard etc) but would choose Yale over them?

Somewhat unrelated, but did anyone receive email confirmation of their financial aid documents or that their application was complete? And were you A, WL, or R?

Speaking of Yale’s financial aid, I only realized yesterday there’s more than just the FAFSA and CSS profile…hoping I still get a package before it comes time to make a decision

Somewhat unrelated, but did anyone receive email confirmation of their financial aid documents or that their application was complete? And were you A, WL, or R?
nope no confirmation, and I submitted my docs over a month ago ... WL

I did not get an instant confirmation so I emailed financial aid and they were very responsive! I also didn’t upload all the documents at once so they emailed me reminders of what documents were missing.

Submitted everything a few days before the deadline of 2/24 and got my financial aid package on 3/10.

A

Idk but I someone posted on reddit last year saying that if your family makes less than 125k per year, they will give you a grant for the full tuition amount minus $15k which is loans, half of which is a private yale loan

Edit: it was on this page
I believe this number is down to $10,000 this year as well

nope no confirmation, and I submitted my docs over a month ago ... WL

I did not get an instant confirmation so I emailed financial aid and they were very responsive! I also didn’t upload all the documents at once so they emailed me reminders of what documents were missing.

Submitted everything a few days before the deadline of 2/24 and got my financial aid package on 3/10.

A

Thank you! I was wondering whether I didn’t get a final email confirmation because I was ultimately WL’d or because all my documents were submitted correctly…might be the WL 😪

I'm not sure if this is the case for every school but one that I am also WL'ed at said they don't look financial aid forms until a student is admitted off the WL, and then they process it immediately, so maybe this is why?

I recently got my financial aid package which was a lot less need-based scholarships that I was expecting. Has anyone had success asking for more need-based aid?

I recently got my financial aid package which was a lot less need-based scholarships that I was expecting. Has anyone had success asking for more need-based aid?
same I thought the aid was supposed to be rly good here?! :’(

Hey for those who went to second look just wondering what the vibe was like ( on the WL) and if lot of ppl had yale as their first choice haha

Hey for those who went to second look just wondering what the vibe was like ( on the WL) and if lot of ppl had yale as their first choice haha
Everyone was great but most I talked to were uncertain about going to Yale.

Last edited:
Everyone was great but most I talked to were uncertain about going to Yale.
+1 to this. Apparently there were more students at second look than admissions anticipated though. Think this was also a lot of peoples' first second look too so they are waiting until they visit other schools before making a commitment either way.

+1 to this. Apparently there were more students at second look than admissions anticipated though. Think this was also a lot of peoples' first second look too so they are waiting until they visit other schools before making a commitment either way.

Also for what it’s worth a lot of people seemed to lean more towards Yale over their other options by the end than they were coming into it. But that being said many people were considering a handful of good options so I wouldn’t give up waitlist hope yet