2022-2023 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I somehow completely missed this!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Hahaha no worries! I honestly still can't believe it. We had our second look last weekend and everyone at Baylor seems amazing and I'm super excited for the next 4 years at this school.

Also saw you got that amazing scholarship at Dell so big congratulations!! You definitely earned it

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hahaha no worries! I honestly still can't believe it. We had our second look last weekend and everyone at Baylor seems amazing and I'm super excited for the next 4 years at this school.

Also saw you got that amazing scholarship at Dell so big congratulations!! You definitely earned it
That is awesome! You're gonna have a great experience at Baylor, and I am so happy for you. You did it!!

Thank you! The scholarship is such an honor and relief for the family.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No! :( But I did the tour of Temple and had a bunch of paparazzies shooting me so that was cool!
I have this scene in my head where by end of the first year, they hand you the key to the city and full control of the new school.

Where are these videos of the paparazzis?

• Haha
  • Love
I have this scene in my head where by end of the first year, they hand you the key to the city and full control of the new school.

Where are these videos of the paparazzis?
I'll post a link here when they finish editing because we were followed by a Baylor Med videographer. This was on 4/15/23.

• Wow
Baylor waitlist selection opens today right? Fingers crossed to everyone on the WL.

Just received a call from Dr. Vallejo saying I was accepted to BCM Houston! I’m OOS and interviewed in September. I honestly didn’t expect this but Baylor was my top choice! Don’t give up hope 👍🏼

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Just received a call from Dr. Vallejo saying I was accepted to BCM Houston! I’m OOS and interviewed in September. I honestly didn’t expect this but Baylor was my top choice! Don’t give up hope 👍🏼
Congrats! That is interesting they already starting calling. Last year, I think they waited until Wednesday. I wonder how much movement there will be this time…

Congrats @Spicylemons32 see you there!!!

I wonder if this is indicative of how they’ll fill campuses.
There’s been a lot of movement in the groupme so I’m excited to get to meet everyone in July :)

Last edited:
So…is it a bad thing if my Baylor waitlist never showed up on my CYMS tool even though I got the official email? None of my TMDSAS waitlist schools are visible.

Members don't see this ad :)
So…is it a bad thing if my Baylor waitlist never showed up on my CYMS tool even though I got the official email? None of my TMDSAS waitlist schools are visible.
CYMS system is having technical difficulties today, they are working on getting all the data to show up properly.
As long as you have the email from Baylor you're good.

It seems all WL movement so far is OOS. This to be expected since we haven’t seen any withdrawals?

It seems all WL movement so far is OOS. This to be expected since we haven’t seen any withdrawals?
If the GroupMe is an accurate representation, then there's been about 10-15 people that have withdrawn since Monday. And some of those people were IS

• Wow
And some people left both the Temple chat and the Houston chat (maybe they got rejected for Houston and just left Baylor entirely). We also had (I think) 3 people join the Temple chat after 3 people left us. Our chat is currently filled at 40.

I thought Baylor was going to let those in Temple get first dibs at Houston if spots opened up before those get in off the WL....

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Recent email:

We're excited for you as Match Day approaches and thank you for interviewing with us. It was a true pleasure to meet the person behind the application. We also enjoyed seeing many who were able to attend either the Houston or Temple open houses. As a reminder, these Open Houses do not affect admissions decisions, but are designed to be useful to you as you choose your medical school and then, if you choose Baylor College of Medicine, make known your preference of which campus.

Soon after Match we will send our accepted medical students a link to the campus selection survey. This only applies to accepted applicants to the MD program. All MSTP (MD/PhD) accepted applicants are placed on the Houston campus. The 3 choices will be No Preference (you agree to be placed on either campus at the discretion of the Office of Admissions), Houston, and Temple. You will place those three options in a rank list 1-3. Our primary driver in selection is student preference. If you do not receive your campus choice on initial assignment, as we begin to fill our class from the wait list (something that happens every year) you may be given the opportunity to again select your preferred first choice before we make offers to waitlisted applicants. We hope that you ultimately will be placed at your preferred campus, but there is some chance that you will not.

We encourage you to select the campus that best suits your needs and personality - - larger vs. smaller class size, larger vs. smaller town, desire to pursue bench or translational research vs. outcomes-based inquiry. Here's a link to our site detailing campus selection and policies for those requesting reconsideration.
Campuses and Admissions (bcm.edu)

Our commitment to you is that you will receive the highest quality Baylor College of Medicine training from either location.
This seems to be the closest confirmation

This seems to be the closest confirmation
" If you do not receive your campus choice on initial assignment, as we begin to fill our class from the wait list (something that happens every year) you may be given the opportunity to again select your preferred first choice before we make offers to waitlisted applicants."

not "will definitely be given".
Those feeling strongly about having the chance to switch have, I feel sure, communicated that to Baylor by now.

Reactions: 3 users
Correct. We had several students state that "Baylor sent me an email rejecting my request for transferal to Houston." Some of these individuals did leave the Baylor chat entirely, and others decided to stay with us.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
" If you do not receive your campus choice on initial assignment, as we begin to fill our class from the wait list (something that happens every year) you may be given the opportunity to again select your preferred first choice before we make offers to waitlisted applicants."

Those feeling strongly about having the chance to switch have, I feel sure, communicated that to Baylor by now.
I agree, I just wanted to cite that email since it seems to be what people were referencing.

• Love
Correct. We had several students state that "Baylor sent me an email rejecting my request for transferal to Houston." Some of these individuals did leave the Baylor chat entirely, and others decided to stay with us.
How many OOS people were allocated to Baylor originally and how many left?

Edit: Sorry I meant to say Temple.

Last edited:
How many OOS people were allocated to Baylor originally and how many left?
I don't know the OOS/IS information on certain individuals; I just see their names. I would assume that those who left both the Temple and Baylor group chat were OOS. 20 people have so far left Baylor entirely. 2 of those individuals were Temple. I suspect that the two who left entirely (Temple/Houston) were OOS. We had several leave Temple but remain in the Houston group chat. Their OOS/IS status cannot be guessed with that information.

Indeed! I was just thinking that if I saw waitlist movement and really wanted a different assignment, I'd be reaching out, promptly lol.

I was accepted off the waitlist to the Temple campus last Tuesday, what's the best way to connect to classmates? The Facebook group seems pretty dead.

I was accepted off the waitlist to the Temple campus last Tuesday, what's the best way to connect to classmates? The Facebook group seems pretty dead.
Hey, I’m pretty sure the Facebook page has a link to the GroupMe. Otherwise someone here will share the GroupMe with you.

Would you mind telling us if you are IS or OOS?

Hey, I’m pretty sure the Facebook page has a link to the GroupMe. Otherwise someone here will share the GroupMe with you.

Would you mind telling us if you are IS or OOS?
Oh ok I didn't see the full group description, thanks. I'm IS.

GroupMe Here's a link to the groupme! That's the best way to reach us - feel free to message any of us current students in there as well!

I also try to answer questions here as well, so feel free to ask here as well if it pertains to everyone/future applicants. Can confirm that some students have started being reassigned from Temple to Houston as the waitlist moves.

Congratulations!

@MCAThiccy has already been declared king of Temple but he is a good guy. He can take care of all your needs related to getting you on the various groups.

• Haha
Since on Monday those with another Texas acceptance will be taken off the waitlist from other TMDSAS schools, would today technically be the last day we could receive an offer?

Since on Monday those with another Texas acceptance will be taken off the waitlist from other TMDSAS schools, would today technically be the last day we could receive an offer?
No, they can make offers on the weekend.
I am trying to find out when exactly the end of this period is (I think probably 5 pm on May 15) and I will post it on the Republic of Texas thread when I get an official answer.

Edited to add: it's 5pm May 15th, last chance to get a WL offer if you already hold a TMDSAS seat

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I’m an out of state student. I’ve been accepted into Baylor, but I’m still on the waitlist at a few other schools. Does anybody know when the Commit to Enroll deadline at Baylor is? I can’t find anything online. Maybe because it’s a TMDSAS school, they do things differently?

I’m an out of state student. I’ve been accepted into Baylor, but I’m still on the waitlist at a few other schools. Does anybody know when the Commit to Enroll deadline at Baylor is? I can’t find anything online. Maybe because it’s a TMDSAS school, they do things differently?
What have you told Baylor as of now? Did you accept their offer of admission?
If so, they assume you are coming unless you withdraw.

What have you told Baylor as of now? Did you accept their offer of admission?
If so, they assume you are coming unless you withdraw.
I’ve accepted their offer. And I’ll be thrilled to end up at Baylor. I’m mostly wondering to see if there’s a date that I need to withdraw myself from the other schools I’m waitlisted at.