2022-2023 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As @wysdoc has been asking, please turn down the waitlist in writing or whatever they want you to do if you matched to school you ranked higher.
It seems like Baylor or TMDSAS should be dealing with this. It’s clearly going against the rules of the match. Hopefully, Baylor will send out a correction email!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like Baylor or TMDSAS should be dealing with this. It’s clearly going against the rules of the match. Hopefully, Baylor will send out a correction email!
I'm sure that will happen but since TMDSAS is open only Monday to Friday, we will have to wait

Matched yesterday!!! Sobbed when I saw the match, so did my entire family. Especially since I interviewed and was waitlisted last year. So so so excited!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Matched yesterday!!! Sobbed when I saw the match, so did my entire family. Especially since I interviewed and was waitlisted last year. So so so excited!
You and me both man! Also waitlisted last year here and accepted this year. Glad to see us reapplicants doing good!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got the waitlist email. I’m also wondering whether it’s automatic and how large the waitlist pool is for BCM.

I believe it's 500-550 people but I'm not sure if that's basically the rest of the interviewees who didn't match to BCM
I saw that AAMC link and I am curious how Baylor justifies 500-550 on waitlist! Has anyone looked at how many they interview and show as having admitted to see this number makes sense?

Reactions: 1 users
I saw that AAMC link and I am curious how Baylor justifies 500-550 on waitlist! Has anyone looked at how many they interview and show as having admitted to see this number makes sense?
I looked at number interviewed minus matriculants on MSAR and got about 650. MSAR doesn’t list # of acceptances.
25 get in from the WL
This suggests that most get on the WL but maybe the lowest 100 do not.

I looked at number interviewed minus matriculants on MSAR and got about 650. MSAR doesn’t list # of acceptances.
25 get in from the WL
This suggests that most get on the WL but maybe the lowest 100 do not.
I think it might be the other way - i.e., they were also accepted and the only remaining ones are interviewed but not accepted.

I am surprised they are interviewing north of 850 though. it is a lot of interviews. One of the spreadsheets floating around SDN for 2021 has these stats for Baylor.

IS interviewed Accepted enrolled OOS interviewed Accepted Enrolled
581 257 156 259 77 30

Congrats to everyone accepted! Just curious, does anyone know if BCM prefers traditional applicants more on Non-Trads? Thanks!

Congrats to everyone accepted! Just curious, does anyone know if BCM prefers traditional applicants more on Non-Trads? Thanks!
Define non-trad as it applies to you. It applies differently to each one. Some people got in on their second or third try this year and they are considered non-trad while others who interviewed are 10 years out of school, and yet others who didn't get an interview and are out 15+ years.

Define non-trad as it applies to you. It applies differently to each one. Some people got in on their second or third try this year and they are considered non-trad while others who interviewed are 10 years out of school, and yet others who didn't get an interview and are out 15+ years.
Wow! Thanks for this information.

1678126933798.png

1678126951092.png

@wysdoc @texasvandy

Members don't see this ad :)
Amazing @MCAThiccy I can't believe they dont say why the preference! How are they going to know your list of restaurants food trucks needed to provide the adequate ecosystem for you to get into the groove and imbibe all that knowledge they will pour in?

They dont understand the right amount of food ingredients needed and no one is sure if you can only learn 80% at Temple vs 110% at Baylor.

I demand they require an essay for justification instead of this silly preference 1 and preference 2. You could always list home preference 3.

• Haha
Exactly. They know that I need tacos and Indian food at 2 AM so that I can memorize the krebs cycle. They're setting me up right off the bat :(

Is there a difference between putting no preference second and third?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Is there a difference between putting no preference second and third?
Idk why this confused me too lol. I ended up putting it second but I saw someone else above put it third so I'm not sure which is best....

Once you place an option for the section, that option is no longer selectable.
You cannot have:
Houston
No Preference
No Preference

So, initially, you have Houston, Temple, and No preference selectable for option 1, 2, and 3 when you first log into the website.
If you Place Temple as Number 1, then option 2 will only show you Houston and No preference (or option three will show you Houston and No Preference).
After than Option will 3 will only show you one selection: the selection that you did not place in option 2.

Oh wow I didn't realize the location preferences came out so soon! I was def under the impression that they came out in April

Congrats on everyone that matched here! Super envious but happy for y’all - you earned it!

I previously sent a letter of intent in December… I’ve earned my MS degree and done a few other things since then so I was wondering if there is any point in sending an update/continued intent letter if I’m on the waitlist?

Congrats on everyone that matched here! Super envious but happy for y’all - you earned it!

I previously sent a letter of intent in December… I’ve earned my MS degree and done a few other things since then so I was wondering if there is any point in sending an update/continued intent letter if I’m on the waitlist?
go for it

I didn’t mean to say put no preference twice. I meant is their algorithm going to treat saying houston, no preference, temple differently from Houston , temple no preference. But it seems like the answer is no.

I didn’t mean to say put no preference twice. I meant is their algorithm going to treat saying houston, no preference, temple differently from Houston , temple no preference. But it seems like the answer is no.
unsure myself, but i figure perhaps 'no preference' gives you 50/50 of houston vs temple than you saying 100% 'temple'.
although, there is also the thought that most of those who rank 'houston' #1 will get houston, and then if your #2 is no preference and all houston spots are already filled, you'll get temple anyway.

in either case, treat it like match day? if you actually have no preference and are okay to leave it up to chance, rank that higher than a definite choice.

Oh wow I didn't realize the location preferences came out so soon! I was def under the impression that they came out in April
Originally it was supposed to be in April (was told that at the open house), but looks like they moved up the timeline! Thank god since waiting till April to figure out living arrangements would be a hassle.

Has anyone heard/seen any post-match scholarships? I've seen it discussed on previous year's threads but haven't seen any evidence of it.

• Hmm
Has anyone heard/seen any post-match scholarships? I've seen it discussed on previous year's threads but haven't seen any evidence of it.
I received a scholarship end of April the year I matriculated. Someone likely dropped Baylor for an out-of-state school, and they offered the $$ to me. If you have financial need or a competing scholarship - make sure to tell financial aid.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Any OOS students placed on the waitlist able to see the decision in the CYMS tool? I have a decision from one TMDSAS school there but not Baylor

Any OOS students placed on the waitlist able to see the decision in the CYMS tool? I have a decision from one TMDSAS school there but not Baylor
The CYMS tool reloads/updates once a day so if you just got on the WL today it may not appear until tomorrow.

Do any of you see Baylor on CYMS tool if you are on the WL ? I only see the AMCAS schools that I am waitlisted on.

Good speeches although I would take it with a grain of salt that Baylor students are twice as well trained. I dont want to see @MCAThiccy and @hadv3r thinking they are twice as special.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’m still wondering how I got here😂
Normally people wait until a few months into college or residency for the impostor syndrome to kick in.

I recently heard speeches by people in CFO and CIO positions of a fortune 100 company discuss how they still have the impostor syndrome being a female and an african american respectively because there are so few of them in those positions.