2022-2023 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Current MS1 at BUSM. Can confirm A's are sent out in 2 batches: 1) In December before Xmas, typically early in the month (I believe on Fridays too but not 100% sure). 2) Final batch in March, then rest of the interviewees either placed on WL or R.

Few A's go out in December so don't lose hope if you don't get one this month post-II!

Do you know to what point they continue interviewing till?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it even possible to receive an interview at this point? Given that it is December, and they stop interviewing in January?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, does everyone have the "Interview scheduling" tab? I just recently had this but am unsure if everyone has this, or if I can have some hope for potential interview invite lol

Is it even possible to receive an interview at this point? Given that it is December, and they stop interviewing in January?

+1 on wondering this. For what it’s worth, on sdn last year at least 3 people reported receiving IIs in January with a quick turnaround to make the final jan interview dates (yes I am neurotic lol)

Is it still insanely difficult by the numbers to get in? They loved touting 10k applicants. After all the "specials" it was really like 80 slots.

My interview was with a guy who made me sit under a shelf. I told him I wanted to be a doctor and I didn't know what else I would do as it was what I was meant to do. It worked out.

The application process has gotten a bit insane. Good luck to all.

Anyone with a low Casper get an II here ? I fked my Casper up but my app so solid lol

I await the study showing that sociopaths scored the highest on Casper, thus invalidating its use. Similarly, most interview processes are futility other than weeding out the bottom feeders, and again, sociopaths always do well.

The only thing I really used from medical school was.. anatomy. The rest was just a test of memorization and studying. Critical thinking/synthesis was relegated to a "demonstration" class (no grades). Sad feels bad man: cause I was #1 in the entire class for that.

Hope its better nowadays...

Members don't see this ad :)
I await the study showing that sociopaths scored the highest on Casper, thus invalidating its use. Similarly, most interview processes are futility other than weeding out the bottom feeders, and again, sociopaths always do well.
I'm pretty sure all standardized tests have pros and cons though, right? One might argue that the MCAT is only really a memorization tool, skewed towards those with more money and hence time on their hands, and therefore is useless in determining an applicant's actual likelihood to succeed in medical school, similar to what you seem to be saying about the Casper? While the test itself can be criticized, at the very least, it is pretty much impossible to prepare for the Casper, and I think that kind of ensures that everyone is starting at the same level right? Because your personality, your character, is something that is built and and formed throughout your entire life? Is it a totally unpopular opinion to actually like/enjoy the Casper lol?

All I'm saying is "writing to the exam" is possible for highly functional sociopaths. I suspect they would do better* than the average joe in this regard. Thus, invalidating the usefulness of the test... but hey, it probably weeds out the bottom feeders much like any other sieve.

Thanks so much for the info! So it has nothing to do with interview date then in particular?
Correct, has more to do with just who they want to accept at this point. However, if you interview just a week before December decisions come out, I would expect you wouldn't hear back until March. Committee needs time to review you.

Received a II today, OOS. One date left in December and scheduling out to around 1/14/23.

Do people think December A's will start tomorrow? Anxiously staring at my phone...

Reactions: 1 users
seems like in prior years ~2 weeks after thanksgiving for the calls and then a little later for A/defer/R emails but who knows!

Guess it’s not today :-(. Or has anyone heard? Maybe tomorrow ….

It says December 16 on MSAR though...do they typically send out calls earlier?

It says December 16 on MSAR though...do they typically send out calls earlier?
Judging from past years the MSAR date seems to be the latest people hear back who were in the first interview groups. For the past 3 years it seems like calls start the second Friday of December (today) with calls and e-mails continuing for the next 2 days or so. I expect people will start hearing back today.

• Love
Judging from past years the MSAR date seems to be the latest people hear back who were in the first interview groups. For the past 3 years it seems like calls start the second Friday of December (today) with calls and e-mails continuing for the next 2 days or so. I expect people will start hearing back today.

I simultaneously love and hate the investigations everyone here seems to partake in 😂

• Haha
Thanks for the clarification! Hoping for some good news today for us early interviewees!

How many refreshes of this thread per hour are you all averaging? I think I'm in the 4-5 range.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know when Boston returns a decision for the folks who interviewed in the 2nd round (December/January dates)

So much for following last year’s trend. The wait continues. Ughh!

Reactions: 4 users
Correct, has more to do with just who they want to accept at this point. However, if you interview just a week before December decisions come out, I would expect you wouldn't hear back until March. Committee needs time to review you.
Any input on average% A for post II ? Appreciated.

we only have the post-ii acceptance rate from the sheet that has most med schools, which has it at mid-40% for OOS.

Unfortunately don't have much data aside from what was mentioned above regarding the post-II A rate on the sheet from SDN. Likely a very low post-II A rate for December A's tho compared to March A's. The vast majority of A's will come out in March.

just got the phone call at work for the Acceptance (voicemail unfortunately)!!!

Reactions: 4 users
accepted :’) my interviewer called me and told me to expect official news on friday!! interviewed 10/18

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone who has gotten an A!! Did your portals update to reflect that?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an A!! Did your portals update to reflect that?
it's my understanding that it doesn't. The people reporting As today are those who received phone calls from their interviewers. Interviewers are allowed to call days before the acceptance is officially notified. Maybe your interviewer is busy and won't make calls so hope is not lost!

Didn't get a call but portal now has a "Matriculation Requirements" tab which opens to a page for accepted students. I can't remember if this was there before?

Didn't get a call but portal now has a "Matriculation Requirements" tab which opens to a page for accepted students. I can't remember if this was there before?
Me too… I can’t remember if it was there or not (,: hopefully it wasn’t and it’s good news lol. Sending out good vibes to everyone!