2022-2023 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you didn't get a call/email today, does that mean you're WL until april
I also have this question... haven't heard anything from them, unsure of what this means

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed Oct/Nov heard back about active status/WL? The silence is killer :cryi::cryi::cryi:

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Active status email. Is active status same as waitlist? And is everybody put on the active status or are people rejected as well?

For the people that are getting II's now what dates are the interviews showing for? Does anyone know what is the last date that VTC interviews?
My invite was for January 10th and it's virtual. They only gave me one date so no other dates show.

For the people that are getting II's now what dates are the interviews showing for? Does anyone know what is the last date that VTC interviews?
Last cycle the last interview was the beginning of February.
Friendly reminder to make sure you check your spam in the next few weeks :) happy holidays guys!

Has anyone who interviewed so far had a virtual interview? Or has it all been in-person up to this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on the OOS post II acceptance rate at this school?

Welp. That was my first MMI, and now I'm terrified of MMIs. That was a... demoralizing experience.

Good luck to everyone else applying/interviewing! I probably won't see you at VTC 😂

• Care
Welp. That was my first MMI, and now I'm terrified of MMIs. That was a... demoralizing experience.

Good luck to everyone else applying/interviewing! I probably won't see you at VTC 😂
I didn’t feel great either 😅 hopefully we did better than we think hahaha

Yep pretty much felt the same way

Lol ok I love the solidarity
You all did great! I felt the same way after my MMI. I am usually a great interviewer and I thought I was going to be a straight reject and here I am a current student procrastinating.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
You all did great! I felt the same way after my MMI. I am usually a great interviewer and I thought I was going to be a straight reject and here I am a current student procrastinating.
Thank you so much for saying this 🥺

Thank you so much for saying this 🥺
My friend did the social this week and was complimenting you all for not making the zoom social too awkward. They usually drop emails (not sure if they did this time) so don't hesitate to reach out since they aren't involved in admission decisions.

• Care

Yep pretty much felt the same way
I just wanted to say I felt the same way after mine and I ended up admitted in October! So don't lose hope <3

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just wanted to say I felt the same way after mine and I ended up admitted in October! So don't lose hope <3
Thank you so much for saying this! It definitely gives me hope 😊

Any recent II's? Is VTC sending out II's still?
I think they’re done with IIs. They usually schedule them in 6 batches, and I’m pretty sure February’s was/is the last one.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, hope all are doing well. I was just wondering if anyone had networked with the school prior to application? Especially if they were Virginia Tech (undergrad) students, and maybe had some opportunities to get a foot in the door?

Best wishes to everyone!

Anyone interviewed early Feb remember when they said they were going to release decisions?

Anyone interviewed early Feb remember when they said they were going to release decisions?
Is there a specific day they normally release decisions? I interviewed in January and they only told us we would probably hear in March

Is there a specific day they normally release decisions? I interviewed in January and they only told us we would probably hear in March
That's probably what they told me as well! It was just too general that I forgot lol

For Jan/Feb interviewees - I was looking at previous cycles, and it seems like we’ll probably hear back Tuesday, February 28th or Tuesday, March 7th!

2022 cycle - March 1st (Tuesday)
2021 cycle - February 23rd (Tuesday)
2020 cycle - February 25th (Tuesday)
2019 cycle - March 12th (Tuesday)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
For Jan/Feb interviewees - I was looking at previous cycles, and it seems like we’ll probably hear back Tuesday, February 28th or Tuesday, March 7th!

2022 cycle - March 1st (Tuesday)
2021 cycle - February 23rd (Tuesday)
2020 cycle - February 25th (Tuesday)
2019 cycle - March 12th (Tuesday)
Could today be the day?! 🤞

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
do they release decisions on Tuesdays? and we are thinking next week?

OMG JUST GOT THE CALL WITH THE A!! I literally can’t believe it!!!!?? Interviewed 1/10!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Also got the call!! Interviewed 2/7 and thought I bombed the MMI... can't believe they wanted me after that lol

• Love
Reactions: 6 users