2022-2023 Virginia Tech (Carilion)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Anybody know if there’s a GroupMe for accepted students ?
were you accepted off the waitlist recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Call then email and yes to loi
Congrats!! Do you guys think there was a big wave today and the others who got in just aren't posting on SDN, cause last year the first Tuesday after May 1st had a pretty big movement.

Congrats!! Do you guys think there was a big wave today and the others who got in just aren't posting on SDN, cause last year the first Tuesday after May 1st had a pretty big movement.
I would think there is no big wave at V-tech since it’s such a small class. But that’s just a guess.

I would think there is no big wave at V-tech since it’s such a small class. But that’s just a guess.
yeah, but last year 7 people posted about getting off the waitlist on May 3rd, that should be big enough I think. This time only one person posted, so I'm wondering if there just wasn't much waitlist movement this year or people just didn't post.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems VTC might be affected by the CYMS glitch.

Reactions: 1 users
any waitlist movement today? or i guess we will see more next week?

Received the call this morning. Absolutely ecstatic!!! There is still hope everyone!

• Care
Congrats! is this your first choice? do they send COA (cost of attendance?)
Thanks! It's definitely one of my top two schools. They have not yet sent me COA, but mentioned it may be available within a week or two.

I'm guessing there was a lot more movement last year....it seems like this year is different?

I'm guessing there was a lot more movement last year....it seems like this year is different?
I spoke with admissions on the 8th. They said, unlike previous years, most people on the waitlist don't have offers elsewhere. So, they are being accepted off the waitlist and staying with VTC.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone call to ask if the class is full and whether they're not expecting movement anymore?

that would be good to know so i can start planning! wish they told us this stuff

Has there been any movement? Really want to know if movement is done or if we can expect some more. Emailed them, but they never got back.

Has there been any movement? Really want to know if movement is done or if we can expect some more. Emailed them, but they never got back.
I feel like you could give admissions a call and ask. They’ve been very kind in the past when I’ve called them!

Yes! Congrats to you both as well!! Also holding out hope for the rest :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted at VTC last Thursday! Could someone please send me the details for the GroupMe and Facebook group for the accepted students?

Just got the A call!! Strange that it’s Saturday, but can anyone PM the group message links?

Hi all,
Congrats everyone on getting accepted.
I don't attend VA Tech Carilion but I will be starting my PhD program at VA Tech and will be working at the Animal Cancer Research Center. I'm renting a 2 bed room house only 3 minutes away from Carilion School and looking for someone to team up. The rent is $450 and ready to move in July 1st. So dm me if you're interested! Thank you so much :)