2022-2023 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what should the shorthand for their name be when referring to the school in secondaries? einstein or AECM?
I just said "Einstein" :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven't received a completion email after a week, should I contact the office?

Members don't see this ad :)
  1. I have taken at least a year off from school since college graduation, including this year that I am applying.
  2. I have taken and received credit for online science core courses (e.g. chemistry, biology, organic chemistry, physics and mathematics) that were taken prior to the Covid Pandemic (earlier than Spring 2020)
  3. I have applied previously to medical school.
  4. I have submitted an AMCAS application to Einstein previously.
  5. I have been subject to a disciplinary action and/or administrative action, expunged or not, while an undergraduate or graduate student.
  6. If you were employed during the academic year, other than during winter and summer breaks, please write the number of hours you worked per week, and tell us what you did and why you were employed.
Can someone let me know if any of these questions require an essay response? For example #2, #4 do they tell you to state what you have done as a reapplicant?, do you need to expand heavily on these questions? Thank you!

@Top-Bass5049 Everything has an essay with max 3,000 characters, if the statement doesn't apply to you then you write "NA". For the ones you listed, this is what's written above the response text box:
  1. If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please explain your activities during the time off. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.
  2. If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please explain. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below
  3. If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please explain why you think you were not accepted. If your answer was, "no, you did not apply previously anywhere," please write “NA” in the box below.
  4. If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please tell us the year you applied, and whether or not you were interviewed, as well as the outcome. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.
  5. If you answered, "yes" to the above question, please explain. If your answer was, "no," please write “NA” in the box below.
  6. If you were employed during the academic year, other than during winter and summer breaks, please write the number of hours you worked per week, and tell us what you did and why you were employed.

Reactions: 1 user
When do they start sending out IIs??

So for the 'Have you previously applied to medical school question', are you guys just writing about why you think you did't get in and what you improved. I did that, but could only write about 600 characters. Don't know if I should write more.

II just now. OOS, complete 7/5, 73 LM

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I literally just got my complete email after 3 weeks lol.... 😭

Received II today, complete 7/8/22, 515 MCAT, 3.89 cGPA, 3.91 sGPA, in state applicant.

Reactions: 2 users
II Today. Complete 8/2. Is anyone else having trouble scheduling the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they give out interviews throughout the day or just at one time?

Reactions: 5 users
According to last years thread / cycle track, Einstein does specefic days to release them
And it was August 17th, THEN September 9th

which means... it might be a while for the next batch

🫠

II!!! IS, ORM, LM 74. First one I'm so excited!

Reactions: 4 users
It seems like most the IIs are for ppl who completed the first week.

Me who completed on 07/20

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II received around 8:15am today! Complete 7/8, LM 76. First one, very excited!

• Care
so is the interview really just like an hour? its not like a full day event?

so is the interview really just like an hour? its not like a full day event?
Applicant luncheons and tours have been eliminated for the 2022-23 year since there will be no campus visits. However, Einstein students will meet, virtually, with applicants on the day of their interview at 4:30 p.m.

I was a month late from the 2 week period to submit my secondary to Albert Einstein. I just turned it in. I hope i'm not the worst case scenario by turning it in this late.

I was a month late from the 2 week period to submit my secondary to Albert Einstein. I just turned it in. I hope i'm not the worst case scenario by turning it in this late.
I don't think they have a two week deadline.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think they have a two week deadline.
I never said it was a deadline, but it was a goal I had to try to get Einstein's secondaries in within two weeks of submission, I was behind on that target goal.

I never said it was a deadline, but it was a goal I had to try to get Einstein's secondaries in within two weeks of submission, I was behind on that target goal.
Your original post was mad confusing. “I was a month late from the 2 week period to submit my secondary to AE” Nobodies knows that was your two week goal and not the school mandating it.

Any how its kinda late… They said more than half of their applicants are fully completed at by the end of July so take that how you will.

II 9/6, OOS, Complete 7/15, LM 75

Reactions: 6 users
considering einstein (based on last year) does once a month interview invite drops

little surprised only one person has reported a september invite?

has anyone been having a challenging time navigating einstein's website and finding up to date information/pages? esp about interview process?

Does anyone know if the Medical Spanish elective can be taken by students with no/very limited baseline knowledge of Spanish? I'm thinking it does since it says "Classes are offered at beginning, intermediate and advanced levels," but I wanted to see if a current student can confirm this.
Current student here! Si, you can take Medical Spanish with any level of previous experience (or none). You will be able to indicate your fluency or lack thereof and those who have previously taken/can speak Spanish will do an oral assessment with one of the instructors to get placed in the right level course. If you've never taken Spanish before you will get placed in the beginners course.

Reactions: 4 users
Current student here! Si, you can take Medical Spanish with any level of previous experience (or none). You will be able to indicate your fluency or lack thereof and those who have previously taken/can speak Spanish will do an oral assessment with one of the instructors to get placed in the right level course. If you've never taken Spanish before you will get placed in the beginners course.
wait thats so awesome. and you can do that over multiple semesters/years?

Another current MS1 here procrastinating studying for my exam tomorrow. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

• Haha
Another current MS1 here procrastinating studying for my exam tomorrow. Feel free to reach out with any questions
Hello, I am interviewing on Monday and wondering your experience with the patient population and working with the underserved? Does the school make this a priority? Is service a large part of the culture?

Hello, I am interviewing on Monday and wondering your experience with the patient population and working with the underserved? Does the school make this a priority? Is service a large part of the culture?

Seems like it so far! I'm sure upperclassmen will have more perspective on this, but we spent a good part of orientation getting to know the Bronx and almost every first-year volunteers in our free clinic (we're already starting our shifts, so super early patient interaction). There is so much of a service focus here that they've now officially built Service Learning into the curriculum as a longitudinal course where we learn about the community and will be volunteering with a local organization. The healthcare disparities in the Bronx are also discussed regularly in our small-group sessions and classes like Health Systems and Health Equity.