2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II Rejected, 3.92 GPA, 521 MCATS, ORM

Members don't see this ad.

Omg they are on a 3 day streak of straight rejections

Members don't see this ad :)
Yield protection???? School thinking student will likely get offers from higher ranked medical schools & failed to convince committee that would be likely to attend, if accepted????
Maybe that, maybe they were wary of a nontrad, but whatever their reason I’m sad :( Georgetown was honestly high on my list

Any current GU med students in this thread? I have some questions about the school and would love to chat before I interview

What should we expect on interview day? Will the interviewers share our interests? Any general tips? thank you so much

Is the presentation on Monday interactive with time allocated for questions ?

my interview was traditional and structured. seemed like my interviewer was reading off a list. My interviewer shared none of my interests. and yeah theres time on Monday for questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Was the interview structured (had a list of questions) or was it conversational?
they ask the same q's to all the applicants to keep it standardized, but it can def veer off for an extra few q's if something catches their ears so to speak lol.

What should we expect on interview day? Will the interviewers share our interests? Any general tips? thank you so much
also my interviewer had a TINY connection to me interest wise but because it was tiny I assume it was unintentional.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who’s interviewed already - what is the dress code for the info session? Business casual or business professional?

Anyone who’s interviewed already - what is the dress code for the info session? Business casual or business professional?
I did business professional because I think that's what it says on the interview flier

For those that have received II, are they having in person or virtual interviews?

Virtual!

The week of your interview, you have a ~3 hour information session on the Monday and then subsequently your interview is virtually held on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday of that week.

And if the Monday doesn’t work, you can pick an alternate Monday session.

Ty to those who are sharing their pre-II Rs. As painful as it may be, it really helps those of us with later complete dates. (8/4 )

Reactions: 5 users
Is the interview open file or closed file? Is the interviewer blinded to stats?

II received yesterday, 9/13. Submitted 7/24. LM 67, OOS, ORM, re-applicant!

Reactions: 2 users
GUSOM said they will send out decisions 10-12 weeks from the interview date, but do you think they will be much earlier in terms of decisions? Say October 15th?

GUSOM said they will send out decisions 10-12 weeks from the interview date, but do you think they will be much earlier in terms of decisions? Say October 15th?
I remember there was a post in some threads a few years ago that tracked the release dates!

EDIT:

Website says 8-10 weeks after your interview. But SDN says otherwise... 1st A = 10/16-28, 1st WL = 10/15-28, and 1st Post-II R 10/21-11/6. Data below, although keep in mind it's not very helpful due to limited and vague responses.

2020-2021
  • 10/15 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/1-9
  • 10/16 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 9/3-10,
  • 10/21 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/15
  • 10/21-22 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/9-11
  • 10/23 Accepted
    • Interviewed: 9/9-30
  • 10/30 Accepted
    • Interviewed: 9/15
  • 11/4 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/22
2019-2020
  • 10/28 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: Late Aug
  • 10/28 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 8/20-9/4
  • 11/6 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: Early sept-9/12
  • 11/6 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/6-9
  • 11/6 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/4
  • 11/9 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 9/18
  • 11/11 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/12-23
  • 11/11 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/9-24
2018-2019
  • 10/22 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 8/28
  • 10/23 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 9/4-6
  • 10/25 Post-II Rejection
    • Interviewed: 9/11
  • 11/14 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: Late Sept
  • 11/14 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: Late Sept, 9-24
  • 11/14 Rejection
    • Interviewed: Mid September
2017-2018
  • 10/17 Acceptance
    • Interviewed: 8/31
  • 10/17 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: Late Aug-9/7
  • 10/23 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: Mid sept, 9/19-21
  • 10/27 Waitlist
    • Interviewed: 9/27

anyone who submitted a thank you note seeing a "document not found" error when clicking on the submitted file..?

Does anyone know how much weight they put on stats, experiences, etc when deciding II?
Personal experience but my stats aren't anything stellar at all: 511, 3.5 cgpa (big upward trend), 3.18 sgpa. Did an ms in physiology 3 years later and got a 3.9. Seems like for this school, while stats may be important, they def look at mission fit because my entire app fits theirs so there's no way my stats made that much of an impression

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R, OOS, LM 65.1 complete 7/25
good luck to the rest of y’all!!! rooting for everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who submitted a thank you note still see the options to save/submit after clicking submit? Not sure if my pdf went through