2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are interviews sent in waves? I was complete two weeks ago Dx

I completed over a month ago and it’s been silence for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else upload an interview acknowledgment but when you click on the uploaded file it says "document not found"?

I just completed my II at GUSOM. My interviewer was a physician and gave me his email at the end of the interview. I know that we were requested to submit thank you letters to the admissions portal, but should I go ahead and email my interviewer also? I feel as though that makes the thank you letters a bit more personal.

I finished my interview today and want to leave a thank you note for my interviewer on the portal. However, for the love of God, I cannot remember my interviewer's name. What should I do...? Leave a note without referencing her name? or should I reach out to the admissions to ask for her name?

I just completed my II at GUSOM. My interviewer was a physician and gave me his email at the end of the interview. I know that we were requested to submit thank you letters to the admissions portal, but should I go ahead and email my interviewer also? I feel as though that makes the thank you letters a bit more personal.
I think it says not to directly email them in the end of day interview email? I can’t remember exactly now but I’d double check first before doing so

I finished my interview today and want to leave a thank you note for my interviewer on the portal. However, for the love of God, I cannot remember my interviewer's name. What should I do...? Leave a note without referencing her name? or should I reach out to the admissions to ask for her name?
Do you remember their specialty if it was a physician? I looked up their specialty @ georgetown and found them that way

Do you remember their specialty if it was a physician? I looked up their specialty @ georgetown and found them that way
Oh thanks for your advice. I remembered their specialty and snooped around for their name. I'm like 99% I found the right person, so Im gonna go with this name.

Is Georgetown doing a second pass of applications for IIs now, based on the trends (to pick up a few more early submitters)? I got a II from Creighton and I know Georgetown shares many of the same values as them, so I was hoping my Creighton II suggests my application is suitable for a Jesuit-type. education, but Georgetown has been silent for me.

Is Georgetown doing a second pass of applications for IIs now, based on the trends (to pick up a few more early submitters)? I got a II from Creighton and I know Georgetown shares many of the same values as them, so I was hoping my Creighton II suggests my application is suitable for a Jesuit-type. education, but Georgetown has been silent for me.
I really hope so, from what others on this thread have said they don't usually do second passes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s been silence from them so I’m guessing this might lowkey be a rejection 😭

Reactions: 3 users
Current M1 here, feel free to ask me any questions y’all may have!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Current M1 here, feel free to ask me any questions y’all may have!
can you talk about some of the benefits of living in DC, like if there are more opportunities for health policy research or work w/ the NIH? and what is the patient population like at GU? i've never been to DC so this would be super helpful. thanks in advance:)

OOS II a few hours ago, complete 7/12

OOS II yesterday morning. Submitted 7/7. Keep hope up for you early submitters!! LM 77. WARS 87

Pre-II R

Good luck to everyone else!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
^ also complete 6/28, OOS but ties to Georgetown, ORM, LM 72

For anyone who has been invited to interview in the last few days, which interview days were available?

Have all of the pre-II Rs so far been only for the people who were complete on 6/28?

For anyone who has been invited to interview in the last few days, which interview days were available?
I conducted my interview on 30AUG22. When you get your II, T-F are available for interviews. The Monday of the week your interview is scheduled, there is a 4-hour mandatory information brief that is conducted virtually for all applicants interviewing that week. The interview lasts 30-40 minutes and is conducted 1 on 1.

Pre-II R today, RIP. OOS, applied 6/28, Lizzy M 74.5. Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R just now. Complete 7/2. Kind of saw it coming when they passed over my submission date sending IIs. Best of luck to everyone!

+1 Pre-II R just now. Was complete 7/3, OOS, LM 70

I did their SMP and finished with a 3.98 and also got the R. It's brutal out here y'all.

Edit: for everyone wondering, my most recent MCAT is 521

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Pre-II R, complete 7/2, bummer! Was really genuinely interested in the school. Good luck to everyone still in the running :)

Yup same, anyone else having this problem? Was debating whether to email them

Yup!
I just interviewed today and I am having the same problem! Were you able to resolve it?

Anyone else complete 7/31? Think they've just wrapped up sending II's for completion week of 7/11 so maybe there's hope?