2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any thoughts on sending thank you notes to interviewers? Didn't get any of their contact info, so I guess I should send them over to admissions for them to be forwarded to interviewers...I did verbally thank them though at the beginning and end of my time with them...
I never did during any of my med school interviews 4 years ago. Thanking them at the end of the interview is fine IMO. A lot of residency programs actively discourage post-interview thank you letters as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II to Pathways, complete 8/25, LM 77, WARS ~100

Reactions: 1 users
II to Pathways just now! Is anyone else not seeing the Interview tab to schedule an interview in their portal though?

II just now, complete early July. Available dates for interview 12/12-12/19

• Angry
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Are there any info sessions coming up for prospective students / already interviewed students? Besides the Wednesday night before the interview

Did anyone interview here already and could speak to what it was like? I'm kinda scared they're gonna ask really tough questions about my research or something even though no other school has been that bad. But I can't help getting nervous because it's Harvard.

Also, did the interviewers seem selected randomly or did they try to pair you with people with some similar interests?
I can't speak highly enough about my interview experience here! Both of my interviewers made me feel very comfortable and truly seemed like they just wanted to get to know "my story" better. I talked about research with both of them but I wouldn't say we had been matched up based on interests. My best advice would be to relax and try to enjoy it:)

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone sent an update letter prior to getting an II?

I can't speak highly enough about my interview experience here! Both of my interviewers made me feel very comfortable and truly seemed like they just wanted to get to know "my story" better. I talked about research with both of them but I wouldn't say we had been matched up based on interests. My best advice would be to relax and try to enjoy it:)
How long is each interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
II for pathways at just before 8am today. LM 77. Completed 10/22. Absolutely ecstatic 🥰

Reactions: 7 users
II 😭 I am over the moon grateful for this one, feels like I’m dreaming 😭 complete late aug!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II from Pathways and HST yesterday morning, submitted 10/21 and they were scheduling Pathways interviews on 12/19 and 12/20.

By the way, do people know how important it is for aspiring HST students to have taken calculus-based physics? I technically took calculus-based physics in high school (by completing AP Physics C Mechanics and E/M and getting a 5 on both), but I took algebra-based physics in college. I ask because it says that "[HST] candidates are strongly encouraged to meet [the physics] prerequisite with at least one year in calculus-based physics"

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II from Pathways and HST yesterday morning, submitted 10/21 and they were scheduling Pathways interviews on 1/19 and 1/20.

By the way, do people know how important it is for aspiring HST students to have taken calculus-based physics? I technically took calculus-based physics in high school (by completing AP Physics C Mechanics and E/M and getting a 5 on both), but I took algebra-based physics in college. I ask because it says that "[HST] candidates are strongly encouraged to meet [the physics] prerequisite with at least one year in calculus-based physics"
Looks like it’s over for their cycle if they’re scheduling mid January

II from Pathways and HST yesterday morning, submitted 10/21 and they were scheduling Pathways interviews on 1/19 and 1/20.

Wait sorry y'all I made a pretty serious typo. The Pathways interviews were on 12/19 and 12/20, not 1/19 and 1/20. I've gone back and edited the comment. The HST interview is on 1/3.

Reactions: 4 users
Wait sorry y'all I made a pretty serious typo. The Pathways interviews were on 12/19 and 12/20, not 1/19 and 1/20. I've gone back and edited the comment. The HST interview is on 1/3.
Was the MD/Ph.D. interview booked for the last date (1/17)?

II from Pathways and HST yesterday morning, submitted 10/21 and they were scheduling Pathways interviews on 12/19 and 12/20.

Regarding your question, this may be something you need to check with the adcom. However, if the fact that you took an algebra-based physics class were indeed a problem with the HST side of things, they probably wouldn't have extended an II. Granted, one of my schools gave me an II even though I didn't satisfy the course and letter writer requirements, and they did not alert me of these issues until like a month after the II.

Also, do double-check that your physics class is officially algebra-based. I say this because, at my university, there are 2 year-long physics tracks. The first track is sometimes known as "algebra-based" because it doesn't really use calculus and is pretty chill. The second track is your traditional "calculus-based" series because it's far more intense and actually has a bunch of calculus. However, both classes are officially designated as "calculus-based."

Yes. I'm aware of interview invites that went out after Brian's.

If they're scheduling into mid January like previous years, there are still some II yet to be sent out.
i like how you decided to just call f12345 by his pfp, idk why I just found it funny

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Regarding your question, this may be something you need to check with the adcom. However, if the fact that you took an algebra-based physics class were indeed a problem with the HST side of things, they probably wouldn't have extended an II. Granted, one of my schools gave me an II even though I didn't satisfy the course and letter writer requirements, and they did not alert me of these issues until like a month after the II.

Also, do double-check that your physics class is officially algebra-based. I say this because, at my university, there are 2 year-long physics tracks. The first track is sometimes known as "algebra-based" because it doesn't really use calculus and is pretty chill. The second track is your traditional "calculus-based" series because it's far more intense and actually has a bunch of calculus. However, both classes are officially designated as "calculus-based."
Thanks @thegourd ! You're right, on the official course catalog for my undergrad institution it doesn't explicitly say anywhere that this course is algebra vs calculus-based physics. (Tbh even the "algebra-based" version used some calculus in the second half). I should contact adcom and ask.

Was the MD/Ph.D. interview booked for the last date (1/17)?
Yes it was on 1/17 :(

Yes. I'm aware of interview invites that went out after Brian's.

If they're scheduling into mid January like previous years, there are still some II yet to be sent out.
HAHA my real name is not Brian but Brian the dog is my favorite character from Family Guy so I guess you can feel free to call me that

• Haha
Could Messi get into Harvard if he got a 515 MCAT?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Could Messi get into Harvard if he got a 515 MCAT?
Messi would kill it as a general surgeon. An expert at cutting inside.

edit: when you go from outside the penalty box to inside to shoot a goal, that’s called cutting inside. this joke would kill on a soccer forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Just heard about a Pathways interview! Submitted early September.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do people know if all the II's in a given day are sent at the same time?

oooooh just got a pathways interview--was starting to lose hope lol, keep trusting and having faith y'all, its not over yet

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I just received Pathways II, submitted on 8/11. I was starting to lose hope. They are scheduling through mid-January.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pathways II this AM. Absolutely flabbergasted. 😭😭😭😭😭🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

As someone with a below-median MCAT, who went to a no-name state school, has no pubs, and no family or friend connections to medicine, this feels surreal... Needless to say, I am so very grateful for this opportunity.

Complete 8/19, and interviews for me were being scheduled through Jan 11th. Merry almost-Christmas everyone!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
Hi everyone, current student here.

Seems like there are questions about when the last day for interviews may be. I believe this year it will be around January 19th ish. Last year this pattern held.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 8 users
Just received an MSTP R, but IIs to Pathways and HST. Withdrew from HST due to scheduling conflict with an MSTP interview

Complete 8/14