2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also holding out hope as an early submitter. Received 6/24, submitted 6/25, confirmed 6/25. Hoping this Friday is the big break if they are on a Tuesday/Friday II release schedule 🙏
Same except I received it 6/24 and submitted it like 1 hour later lol

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really new to this and don't know what stats are exactly appropriate to share - help me :1whistle:
Welcome to SDN! I think mostly people who see others getting an interview want to compare their GPA and MCAT score to yours, wondering if they too have a chance.
You can share the numbers or not, as you wish.
Some people list their GPA/MCAT and other stuff in a signature line that shows up whenever they post, then they won't get the question as much. This can be set up by editing your profile.
good luck this year everyone-

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my LORs are all in the portal under documents, but it says LOR not recieved or something. is this normal
?

also do they allow for updates? I cant really find on their website

In my opinion, if you send an update this soon after you submitted your primary, it looks like you forgot something you should have included on the primary.
I would wait a bit or talk about it at an interview

Reactions: 2 users
In my opinion, if you send an update this soon after you submitted your primary, it looks like you forgot something you should have included on the primary.
I would wait a bit or talk about it at an interview
gotcha. its just a new publication that was accepted. think thats fine to hold off?

gotcha. its just a new publication that was accepted. think thats fine to hold off?
If you didn't get sent a secondary yet, you have all the space in the world to talk about this in question #2.
From what I read about this school last year, you can send updates

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Jeff is a school that loves updates and applicants who show interest. But it is still quite early. I would update in mid-August and then again in mid-October if you have meaningful updates.

Reactions: 5 users
Based on the previous cycle's thread it seemed to pan out, and that tracks with us both having the same thing happen I would think.
Is there a way to message them to confirm? Or do you think it's fine just to leave it how it is. I know Drexel had a similar issue with CASPer results, but I was able to find the message portal and they were able to fix the issue.

Is there a way to message them to confirm? Or do you think it's fine just to leave it how it is. I know Drexel had a similar issue with CASPer results, but I was able to find the message portal and they were able to fix the issue.
Mine eventually got confirmed; it is just going to take a few days after you complete it.

for those that didn’t submit the preferred individual letters, did you have to send them an exemption request?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, have any Canadians/internationals gotten an II from here yet? Application complete July 4th, still haven't heard anything :((.

Hello, have any Canadians/internationals gotten an II from here yet? Application complete July 4th, still haven't heard anything :((.
I am international, submitted 7/7, no II yet. It's sill early so let's keep our hopes up:)

What do you mean? Last time I checked it was Wednesday, October 5th. Some members even mentioned it in the previous cycle's thread.
Let me rephrase: I'm not comfortable sharing any information about admissions processes for any school that is not publicly available.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm surprised they opened up more slots in September, albeit I'm afraid to lose my spot by selecting the reschedule option, for the last time I did I was immediately unscheduled without any previous dates being available.
They didn’t open more slots. I just believe those slots were filled which is why you only saw Oct.

They didn’t open more slots. I just believe those slots were filled which is why you only saw Oct.
I called them (in hindsight, I should have led with this lol), and they said 10/12 is the earliest. Each cohort is 27 applicants, split by gender, so I hope this gives everyone context!

finished my app on june 26th. feels bad that I still havent heard back

Reactions: 14 users
finished my app on june 26th. feels bad that I still havent heard back
I know I submitted mine June 24th so it kind of stings. Last year I did get an interview at a different school in November that I had submitted in July, so I wouldn't count yourself out yet. Schools sort by various criteria, they may not have even seen it yet

Reactions: 8 users
Also, is this prompt "Do you have any additional information that hasn't been covered? (4000 characters)" an optional essay or is it a required essay to write?

Also, is this prompt "Do you have any additional information that hasn't been covered? (4000 characters)" an optional essay or is it a required essay to write?
In general, it is highly highly recommended to write any optional essay.

It is partially true, but if you don't have anything meaningful to say or cannot make a strong essay in response to these questions, then it is best not to put stuff down for the sake of filling out the entire app. I think most schools advise not to add fluff if it adds no strength to the secondary, so it takes them less time to review thousands of apps.

It's not highly highly recommended. Don't know where you heard that from. If it's highly highly recommended then it would simply be required... As the previous post stated, schools on average literally receive 1000s and 1000s of applications and do not want their time wasted. Only write something if you generally have something unique AND meaningful to say.

Reactions: 3 users
It is partially true, but if you don't have anything meaningful to say or cannot make a strong essay in response to these questions, then it is best not to put stuff down for the sake of filling out the entire app. I think most schools advise not to add fluff if it adds no strength to the secondary, so it takes them less time to review thousands of apps.
But if this prompt on Sidney Kimmel is required, then there's no choice but to write something, right? Is Sidney Kimmel's second prompt optional or required? If it's optional, I'm thinking about leaving it blank if there's nothing significant I can add to this question.

Last edited: