2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i miswrote my ACT for this school, is it worth it to send an update?

Members don't see this ad.

i miswrote my ACT for this school, is it worth it to send an update?
I would say no, unless you entered an absolutely horrific score. An ACT score is pretty trivial at this point in our lives and most schools don't even ask for it, so I wouldn't worry about it. Updates should be reserved for more significant events and they should ideally be saved for later on in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say no, unless you entered an absolutely horrific score. An ACT score is pretty trivial at this point in our lives and most schools don't even ask for it, so I wouldn't worry about it. Updates should be reserved for more significant events and they should ideally be saved for later on in the cycle.
isn't sidney kimmel unlimited updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Jefferson gone on hiatus with decision updates :/

Reactions: 4 users
Do you think it's worth it to apply to Jefferson at this point? I'm adding more schools to my primary. OOS no ties

Do you think it's worth it to apply to Jefferson at this point? I'm adding more schools to my primary. OOS no ties
Hm, given that they do things pretty early, it is risky to apply a little late. If your stats are strong enough, it can get some attention for a later application. I'd say apply to another school that matches your experiences with theirs.

edit: they already did interviews in early July, so it feels late coming into the party mid-way lol

Can you please explain shotgunning to me? I didn't know there were different style for giving interviews out.
I just used an adjective arbitrarily meaning giving alot of them out. It wasn't a specific system.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, given that they do things pretty early, it is risky to apply a little late. If your stats are strong enough, it can get some attention for a later application. I'd say apply to another school that matches your experiences with theirs.

edit: they already did interviews in early July, so it feels late coming into the party mid-way lol
It’s not too late for any MD school except Tulane. Completed at Jeff last year mid-August and received II in late October

Reactions: 2 users
Def still apply. Once you hit September it will be too late

They have a lot of applicants apply there
most schools have a lot of applicants, if you apply you have a chance, if you don't you have no chance at all. unless cost is an issue, you can most certainly still add schools op :)

Reactions: 3 users
What do you mean about Tulane?
Tulane is notorious for being favorable to super early applicants. If you submit in mid august, chances are they will not review your app until late Jan/early feb. check out the threads from previous years

Hey has anyone got the "under review" status? I can't remember if it was always there or if my application is actually getting reviewed lol.

Hey has anyone got the "under review" status? I can't remember if it was always there or if my application is actually getting reviewed lol.
been there for like 1.5 months now :(

Reactions: 8 users
Just completed Kimmel today.. IS LM 73 WARS 80. Is it too late for me

Heck no. Shoot your shot.

Reactions: 4 users
Just completed Kimmel today.. IS LM 73 WARS 80. Is it too late for me
Lot of people on SDN might make it seem like you won't get in if you submit anytime after first week july but like its not true. You'll just get an interview invite in September or October instead of August

Reactions: 9 users
Dr. LoSasso and Bonnie hosted an open house today, where they mentioned that GPA and MCAT aren't necessarily considered post-interview. This was reinforced by an MS2, involved in admissions, who said they didn't recall seeing an applicant's stats associated with their post-interview review. I hope that's reassuring!

Dr. LoSasso and Bonnie hosted an open house today, where they mentioned that GPA and MCAT aren't necessarily considered post-interview. This was reinforced by an MS2, involved in admissions, who said they didn't recall seeing an applicant's stats associated with their post-interview review. I hope that's reassuring!
Would you mind summarizing any other important info you learned? I wasn't able to attend today's info session! :)

Would you mind summarizing any other important info you learned? I wasn't able to attend today's info session! :)
Most of it was either general application advice like not being cookie cutter, or information about their clubs, organizations, and outreach programs (which can be found on their website). They also provided applicant/interview/acceptance data from 2020:

- 11,777 applicants
- 558 applicants interviewed (not interview invites sent)
- 409 acceptances offered

Keep in mind that interviews were virtual.

Last edited:
How did y'all find out about the info session? Are there any more coming up?

Most of it was either general application advice like not being cookie cutter, or information about their clubs, organizations, and outreach programs (which can be found on their website). They also provided applicant/interview/acceptance data from 2020:

- 11,777 applicants
- 558 applicants interviewed (not interview invites sent)
- 409 acceptances offered

Keep in mind that interviews were virtual.

Thank you so much!!

I visted their campus today, and it's very pretty!
20220821_182323.jpg
20220821_182401.jpg
20220821_182442.jpg
20220821_182447.jpg
20220821_182559.jpg
20220821_182536.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 31 users
Can someone clarify the COVID-19 question for me?
"What has your own experience informed you about the challenges of providing equitable and inclusive care to future patients? (2500 characters)"

When it says "your own experience" is it asking about specific situations and instances during my clinical experiences that have demonstrated healthcare challenges, or is it asking more broadly about what I've learned about healthcare throughout the pandemic?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have insight into the order in which they review students? I was complete 7/7 and have been "under review" since then but I dont know if they actually are reviewing or nah

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have insight into the order in which they review students? I was complete 7/7 and have been "under review" since then but I dont know if they actually are reviewing or nah
What does "under review" mean? I didn't even know adcoms gave a status change like that....

What does "under review" mean? I didn't even know adcoms gave a status change like that....
it says it under the status tab in the secondary app.
complete on 6/26 and have been under review for probably just as long :/ Ig we just keep out fingies crossed and wait

complete on 6/26 and have been under review for probably just as long :/ Ig we just keep out fingies crossed and wait
Same except 6/24 complete

Well I was complete 7/29 and my app is under review as well so I don't think it actually means anything?

• Care
Is it a bad idea to use the "additional information" to address bad grades in undergrad? My Freshman year was like a 1.7 GPA which is a pretty huge stain, but I have an upwards trend + 36 senior-level post-bacc credits at a 3.72 and I'm unsure as to whether I should say anything about this.
seems like a good idea to me

been complete since early July- anyone in that position get moved to interviews lately?!