2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received a II. Complete 8/30.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many letters of rec did y'all submit? I can't seem to figure out what is the appropriate number

How many letters of rec did y'all submit? I can't seem to figure out what is the appropriate number
I submitted 6 in total. I do not have a pre-med committee (Canadian Applicant - never heard of one until the US applications opened up) so I just did 6 individual letters. Their "requirement" was a preprofessional committee OR if not available a letter from 4 different faculty members (bio, chem, physics and humanities) which was ridiculous tbh. How great of a letter could you expect to receive from a professor who you just sat in their class and did well in?

Anyway, pardon my rant but I had two professors, my clinical team manager at the hospital, a team attendant I work with closely, my old personal trainer manager and a Hospice volunteer coordinator. I thought it gave a good, well-rounded picture of me. Who knows though, never a magic number :)

Does Jefferson go through applications chronologically? If they are past your complete date, is that a soft R?

Does Jefferson go through applications chronologically? If they are past your complete date, is that a soft R?
I haven’t heard this. Still super early… but people who were complete end of august and are already getting interviews is interesting

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Looking forward to see some fellow interviewees tomorrow! We got this!

Current Jeff M2 here - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask here and/or PM me!

Last edited:
Looking through their portal I don't see a spot to provide updates but I have had a promotion and started on a new research project since submitting my secondary-does anyone know where I can submit updates?

Looking through their portal I don't see a spot to provide updates but I have had a promotion and started on a new research project since submitting my secondary-does anyone know where I can submit updates?

You have to email them

Members don't see this ad :)
Apologies for the late update.

II received via email on July 22, application was complete July 14. LM low 70s

Does anyone know how the interview day for Jeff is setup? Or is MSAR my best bet for info?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
To anyone who has an interview coming up with Jeff, rest assured it was probably the lowest stress and most fun interview I’ve had thus far

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Current Jeff M2 here - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask here and/or PM me!
Hi there! Would you happen to have any Canadian peers in your class or know of some in other years that have been admitted?

Hi there! Would you happen to have any Canadian peers in your class or know of some in other years that have been admitted?
Sorry to steal the stage here but there is a Canadian M2 who helped with the interview day! It was very student-run. With the class sizes, I'm sure there are more.

Sorry to steal the stage here but there is a Canadian M2 who helped with the interview day! It was very student-run. With the class sizes, I'm sure there are more.

Hey, yep! I know a few Canadians in my class and I'm sure there are more in other classes as well. :)

Has anyone interviewing in mid October received student host information yet? Wondering if I need to reserve a hotel room or not.
I would reserve a hotel, I interviewed in September and never received info about student hosting. I'm not quite sure if they're actually still doing it

If anyone is also interviewing Wednesday, October 5th, isn't allergic to cats, and needs housing, feel free to DM me! I have two foldable couches, and live adjacent to Overbrook Station on City Avenue. It's a $6 and 20 minute ride to Jefferson Station, which is a 5 minute walk to SKMC. I'll be parking in Gateway Parking Garage, which is a 20 minute drive from my apartment, and a 20 minute walk to SKMC.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
If anyone is also interviewing Wednesday, October 5th, isn't allergic to cats, and needs housing, feel free to DM me! I have two foldable couches, and live adjacent to Overbrook Station on City Avenue. It's a $6 and 20 minute ride to Jefferson Station, which is a 5 minute walk to SKMC. I'll be parking in Gateway Parking Garage, which is a 20 minute drive from my apartment, and a 20 minute walk to SKMC.

You are so nice!

And same with me. If someone really needs housing and does not mind sleeping on my couch, I can let you stay for a day or two as well. My apartment is located 2 minutes away from a bus stop (bus 33) that will drop you off right at SKMC :). Bus fare is $2.5 and the it takes 13-15m from that stop to SKMC.

Reactions: 2 users
It went well! There were twenty of us, but only myself and one other applicant were in-state. Hopefully I'll hear back before Halloween 🎃

EDIT: I also sent a letter of intent

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations!! Can you please share your complete date? And are you IS or OOS?
Absolutely. August 27th! And I'm in state living in Philly with strong ties to the school. And I do have my LizzyM and such in my signature. I did re-take my MCAT as well. Had about a 7 pt jump with a month to prepare. And I have no idea what a disability is considered tbh, but I was upfront about my IBD and the major effect it's had on me due to surgical stuff. Other than that though I am ORM. Disadvantaged as well due to other factors.

• Love
Absolutely. August 27th! And I'm in state living in Philly with strong ties to the school. And I do have my LizzyM and such in my signature. I did re-take my MCAT as well. Had about a 7 pt jump with a month to prepare. And I have no idea what a disability is considered tbh, but I was upfront about my IBD and the major effect it's had on me due to surgical stuff. Other than that though I am ORM. Disadvantaged as well due to other factors.
I think ORM/URM is just based on the AAMC definition of URM which is determined by race. Some schools also count LGBT+ as URM, but that's just 2 schools (afaik) and not official at all. So if I'm right then you would be ORM + disadvantaged

I forgot to mention this earlier, but if you have time before/after your interview, make sure to hit up Honeygrow! It's my favorite cheap restaurant.

• Love
I forgot to mention this earlier, but if you have time before/after your interview, make sure to hit up Honeygrow! It's my favorite cheap restaurant.
Thank you for clarifying! Let me piggyback off this and suggest Middle Child. The sandwiches are to die for.

• Care
Hi! I'm excited about my upcoming interview. It looks like there is a student interview and a faculty interview. Are they both 1:1? Open or closed file? Any other tips? Thanks!

Hi! I'm excited about my upcoming interview. It looks like there is a student interview and a faculty interview. Are they both 1:1? Open or closed file? Any other tips? Thanks!
Faculty is open. Student is closed! Both 1:1

A- just got the call! Interviewed mid September

Reactions: 10 users
Waitlisted - interviewed 9/14
I’ll be declining my spot, good luck to everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone hear anything who interviewed 9/28?