2022-2023 LSU - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R. OOS applicant. Not super surprised, I know they don't take a lot of OOS.
You’re not alone :) same! :))

Also, why did they take forever to get to it in the message lol. I appreciate the thoughtfulness though… “congratulations are surely in order”

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
The Medical School Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application.

A composite judgment is derived from reviewing all available information. High grades and/or MCAT scores alone are not enough. Other factors weighed in selecting applicants for interviews and admission include letters of reference, your personal statement, difficulty of your courses and course loads, trends in grades, extracurricular activities, leadership, volunteer work, care‑giving and healthcare‑related experience, research, hardship, and evidence of motivation for a career in medicine.

While you have many notable qualities and accomplishments, it is with sincere regret that I must inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in the 2023 entering class.

If you have been accepted to medical school elsewhere, congratulations are surely in order. Should you decide to re-apply at LSU Health Shreveport, and you are actively working to improve your credentials, your application will be considered without prejudice at that time. If you are interested, please review the information available on our website, paying particular attention to the sections, “For Re‑applicants” and “FAQs.”

Thank you for your interest in LSU Health Shreveport. We appreciate the time and effort it took to complete your application. Please accept our sincere wishes for your best success in this and all future endeavors.

With all best regards,

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
any other IS people waiting on II? I know they said they interview through April but im stresssed

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone how long it takes for them to send decisions after they meet? I believe they meet this Thursday

First interviewer started it off with: “when you reapply, make sure you have more clinical hours” even though I have a normal amount. “When you reapply” is a rude way to kick off an interview. Also I’m a girl, and he also seemed a bit sexist with some of his rants he went on but idk maybe I’m imagining that part so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Second interviewer didn’t look at me once, and read from a list of 15+ redundant questions while he graded papers and rolled his eyes at everything I said.

quite the experience. I think I gave some good answers but I can’t imagine these people advocating for me at all lmao. Oh well, luck of the draw I guess
im sorry! but also, if they didnt see you as a competitive candidate why would they select you for an interview to begin with? how many clinical hours do you have?

Does anyone how long it takes for them to send decisions after they meet? I believe they meet this Thursday
i dont, but i do remember them saying they are meeting Thursday! im telling myself theyre sending decisions Friday lol

Had the interview today too, and I remember them saying they will also mail out decisions. I am an OOS applicant. Therefore, it may took a while for me to get mine but it all depends on the postal system!

Voting Charlie Brown GIF by INTO ACTION

Reactions: 1 user
Had the interview today too, and I remember them saying they will also mail out decisions. I am an OOS applicant. Therefore, it may took a while for me to get mine but it all depends on the postal system!

Voting Charlie Brown GIF by INTO ACTION
do you remember them saying when they would mail them out? dec 8th? 9th? congrats on getting an OOS interview btw!! those are few and far between at LSU-S

do you remember them saying when they would mail them out? dec 8th? 9th? congrats on getting an OOS interview btw!! those are few and far between at LSU-S
Sorry I do not and thank you so much! I got really lucky tbh! I talked to some of my friends who got their letters and they said the letters are usually shipped over the weekend. Hopefully, the letters are mailed out earlier, but it is probable that we should get something by next week.

Usually when they meet on Thursday, mail letters on Friday, and people get them Monday-Wednesday

sending positive vibes to everyone getting reviewed today!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Forgot to mention as I was out for the holidays. But OOS TX resident pre-II R received on 1/13. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Rejected today. Out of state Tx resident. I went to Tulane and had some connections to Shreveport so I was hoping for better news :(

• Care
Do some people get off the waitlist in February or does that happen in May?

Do some people get off the waitlist in February or does that happen in May?
So my understanding is that they review waitlisted applicants at every committee meeting (which is every two weeks). I was originally waitlisted in October and got an A just before Thanksgiving. That being said, I would expect there to be more movement in May as people who hold multiple acceptances relinquish their spots at other schools.

So my understanding is that they review waitlisted applicants at every committee meeting (which is every two weeks). I was originally waitlisted in October and got an A just before Thanksgiving. That being said, I would expect there to be more movement in May as people who hold multiple acceptances relinquish their spots at other schools.
When does interviewing normally come to an end?

Dang y’all got the pre-II R and sitting on an LSU Nola waitlist

• Care
Has anyone who was rejected this cycle applied to their Masters of Medical Sciences program?

have any accepted students gotten an email recently on next steps? i got an email saying to expect another email with an onboarding procedure but have not received said email yet. thanks!

Supposedly the acceptable list meeting is happening this Thursday

Is this something new they are Doing? Thought they review waisted apps every meeting

From what I have been told, and what seems to be true based on these forums, New Orleans and Shreveport both have 3 big “NFA/acceptable list meetings”. November, February, and May seems when they go back to the people that were NFA or acceptable listed. In all of their other meetings they are only reviewing the new interviewees.

Has anyone on waitlist heard anything since most recent meeting?

Will this news of LSU Shreveport being put on probation by LCME affect anyone’s decision on whether or not you’ll attend?

• Wow
Will this news of LSU Shreveport being put on probation by LCME affect anyone’s decision on whether or not you’ll attend?
I honestly think that the curriculum is going to be harder due to the LCME’s decision. This will in turn create an environment that better prepares us for standardized testing etc.. By the time class of 2027 goes to apply for residency positions this will all be history. It’s also important to note that no US MD school has lost their accreditation after probation. These are my thoughts on all of this.

Anyone hear of waitlist updates? Seems like letters would’ve been received by now if they met last week.