2022-2023 LSU - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear of waitlist updates? Seems like letters would’ve been received by now if they met last week.
Interviewed yesterday and they said next meeting is at the end of March! Not sure if they address the waitlist at this one but just in case

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Like this post if you are still on the acceptable list/NFA. Just curious how many of us are still waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I can’t speak for everyone on the waitlist obviously but from what I heard is that they had their last meeting yesterday on Thursday. I believe that means they are done with interviews(could be wrong but wouldn’t make sense if that was their last meeting). So they will probably send out letters to students possibly off waitlist soon. Or they could be waiting for the May 1st deadline for people with more than 1 acceptance offers to drop their application to the school, and then they will try to fill up the remaining spots. Not sure if that’s the exact process but keep on being optimistic and I think good news may arrive soon!

Reactions: 2 users
speaking of waitlist, I know they won’t say the number of people on the waitlist but does anybody have any rough estimate?

Hard to say since even from previous years’ forums people said that they were trying to reduce the number of people on the e waitlist to make it more meaningful but lots of people still didn’t feel like it was shortened much based on lack of movement in May(or they could’ve just been not high up enough or there just weren’t many acceptance spots dropped). Lots of variables so unless someone heard it directly from someone working on the committee then no real idea. Alternatively, if you really want some ball park then roughly like 350-400 students get interviewed. Among those interviewed some get accepted, waitlisted, and rejected. If 150 of them get accepted immediately then that leaves like 200-250 for waitlist and rejection. So it has to be lower than that. By how much, no idea. Hope it helps lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many spots they have left?

Hard to know the exact amount but the Facebook group has 117 members with 5 of them being admins. Also some spots will open since people have to pick one medical school on April 30th

Do y’all think they’ll send out letters this week with an update? Like will we get an update regardless if we’re on the waitlist or just if we’re accepted?

Do y’all think they’ll send out letters this week with an update? Like will we get an update regardless if we’re on the waitlist or just if we’re accepted?
I think they usually just send if your accepted.

Got an acceptance letter(physical) today after being waitlisted since October (😭 such a long time). Check your mail this week everyone! Gl

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A today! Been waitlisted since October as well! Goodluck everyone!!

• Love
I was told by someone on the committee that next year they plan to increase to 200 but not this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Was accepted a few months back, but got news that I've been accepted to LSU New Orleans. They have a MD/MPH program that I want to attend, and Shreveport doesn't. So gave up my A for Shreveport. Hopefully it goes to one of yall on the WL! 3rd time reapp here, so I know the anxiousness of not knowing. Good luck yall! Shreveport is a good school, and much better than they were a few years ago.

• Love
Could anyone give an update on facebook group count?

Wondering if there will be any more movement. Trying to keep my hopes up

I was hoping with the April 30th ish deadline for applicants to narrow down multiple acceptances that we’d hear back from Shreveport. The waiting game continues

I was hoping with the April 30th ish deadline for applicants to narrow down multiple acceptances that we’d hear back from Shreveport. The waiting game continues

It looks like some people heard back last week so hopefully we will hear something this week. It looks like they will only send something if you are accepted otherwise we will continue to wait which could be for a long time unfortunately

Accepted today by mail. Been on Acceptable List since November.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
feeling a little disappointed. I know two ppl who got A letters yesterday from being waitlisted. Still nothing for me🥲 how long is it realistic to keep my hopes up?

• Care
feeling a little disappointed. I know two ppl who got A letters yesterday from being waitlisted. Still nothing for me🥲 how long is it realistic to keep my hopes up?

I feel the same way. I guess until the end of May. I’m sure once we get into June there won’t be many spots left

I check this thing every day and I’m always disappointed. The silence is deafening. Any activity lately? I’ve lost 90% of my hope.

I check this thing every day and I’m always disappointed. The silence is deafening. Any activity lately? I’ve lost 90% of my hope.
Don't lose hope just yet !! there has been a good bit of movement in the WL this cycle. literally got a letter today and I believe there's 144 students in FB group not including admins/current students.

Just got accepted today! Got a phone call bc Dr. Thomas was out of town!

• Love