2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received the same email. Not sure how to feel about it lol
Considering Mayo has been sending pre-II rejections, I count this as a semi-win! Not expecting much but we're still in the running and there are many more months in the cycle. Fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone! Has anyone interviewed yet at Mayo-Arizona and can share their experiences?
Additionally, does anyone know the time of the Monday info session? I have not yet gotten the details on this, so I am not sure if I need to take time off of work or not!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! Has anyone interviewed yet at Mayo-Arizona and can share their experiences?
Additionally, does anyone know the time of the Monday info session? I have not yet gotten the details on this, so I am not sure if I need to take time off of work or not!
The Monday orientation session was 11-1 and 2-3pm CST for me. I hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who've interviewed, have you been getting a lot of emails from students reaching out?
It's really nice, I like this community already lol

Pre-II R, 3.69, 517, Complete 10/7 :(

Really liked my essay for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Killing me seeing all the pre-II R’s today knowing I’m probably on this rolling list about to get my own

Received a II just now after complete silence since submitting my secondary on 7/19. Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips for preparation (e.g. open file vs closed file, etc.)?

Reactions: 1 users
Received a II just now after complete silence since submitting my secondary on 7/19. Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips for preparation (e.g. open file vs closed file, etc.)?

Would you mind sharing stats?

Would you mind sharing stats?
Sure! I'm not the highest stat applicant compared to their typical students (90th percentile MCAT, 3.8 GPA), but I have significant clinical experience, research, and I suppose an interesting personal background. It seems they do look at students more holistically. Hope that's helpful :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sure! I'm not the highest stat applicant compared to their typical students (90th percentile MCAT, 3.8 GPA), but I have significant clinical experience, research, and I suppose an interesting personal background. It seems they do look at students more holistically. Hope that's helpful :)

I’ve thought the same! You’re clearly a great applicant, congrats!!!

Just got my II yesterday!

Reactions: 5 users
For those that have interviewed, have your interviewers responded to your thank you email? Just hope I'm not getting ghosted rn.

For those that have interviewed, have your interviewers responded to your thank you email? Just hope I'm not getting ghosted rn.
I interviewed a month ago, and one of mine did reply around 5 days after interview. The other didn't respond at all 🤷‍♀️

Mine did but they took a while to respond!

II received yesterday! I am so excited as it's one of my top choices! Complete 07/22 LM 68 WARS 79. Made an account just to post this so other people who were complete in July don't give up hope.

Reactions: 5 users
II received yesterday! I am so excited as it's one of my top choices! Complete 07/22 LM 68 WARS 79. Made an account just to post this so other people who were complete in July don't give up hope.
Thank you!!! I am in this boat — was told I was still under consideration about a month ago and still waiting

Anyone that interviewed have any tips/advice? Not much info on the SDN page from what I can see. Thanks!

II this morning! Primary completed 8/3, Secondary completed 8/23

Good luck to those interviewing this week!

I had both my interviews today - one ran long and one ran short. And now we wait 'til Feb...

For those that interviewed, have you been contacted by various students? I interviewed two weeks ago and I've gotten emailed by three separate students if I had questions/advice/etc.

Good luck to those interviewing this week!

I had both my interviews today - one ran long and one ran short. And now we wait 'til Feb...
Ditto, Best of luck to everyone. Wonder if they try to group together the Non-trad's in a week to evaluate.
A long wait that I'm guessing will go quickly. (hopefully scottsdale rents will drop in the meanwhile.)

For those that interviewed, have you been contacted by various students? I interviewed two weeks ago and I've gotten emailed by three separate students if I had questions/advice/etc.
Yes! Students, staff, different groups that I belong to... They really are a community at Mayo! It's impressive.

Yes! Students, staff, different groups that I belong to... They really are a community at Mayo! It's impressive.
It really speaks to the school's support! They need to stop though because now I'm getting emotionally attached lmao

Reactions: 2 users
II! Complete 07/14.... literally crying

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For those of us that interviewed, anybody keeping an eye on Black Friday sales for Professional Clothes? Not that well have an answer by then, but I'm debating on getting two or three more nice sets so I can at least have something for each day of the week...

For those who interviewed, how was it?
Mine were decent - very conversational! Some tough questions, but definitely the most thought-provoking interview I've had.

For those who interviewed, when do you think is a good time to submit a LoI? Is earlier better or is it better to send it later with an update / closer to February?

For those who interviewed, when do you think is a good time to submit a LoI? Is earlier better or is it better to send it later with an update / closer to February?
The MS1 that reached out to me said the earlier the better but they submitted theirs in December (which sounded like they have classmates that did it earlier)

The dean mentioned they would be best sent before early January during our interview week info sessions. I plan to send one the week before Christmas at this point..

Has anyone that applied here gotten a pre-II R recently? I'm seeing a lot more movement on the MN page but nothing here.

Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is?

Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is?
their stats say that from last year, they interviewed 726 and accepted 202 and that majority of class came off of waitlist