2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey anyone else still lacking any acceptance email or portal update? Sorry I’m just feeling the way everyone on SDN seems to feel when an acceptance isn’t chiselled into marble and mailed to me

Members don't see this ad.

Hey anyone else still lacking any acceptance email or portal update? Sorry I’m just feeling the way everyone on SDN seems to feel when an acceptance isn’t chiselled into marble and mailed to me
Ppl in the Minnesota thread said that emails should be going out on Monday, based on their conversations with admissions. So that is probably similar timing for AZ.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received official acceptance email and finaid offer email as well

Was anyone able to get the link in the portal to work for that thing we have to fill out in 5 days?

Mayo, this is cruel. Put me out of my misery and send me my R already...

• Angry
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 WL. Anyone know what % of people get off the waitlist each year?

y’all imma be so floundered if Mayo hits me w the R… my interviewer made a whole comment about how my app was the “best one he read this year” and emailed me follow up questions after my interview 😭 highkey offended I didn’t get a WL email yet

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
y’all imma be so floundered if Mayo hits me w the R… my interviewer made a whole comment about how my app was the “best one he read this year” and emailed me follow up questions after my interview 😭 highkey offended I didn’t get a WL email yet
Similar vibe, my interviewer was nodding and giving me thumbs up while I was answering questions. Told me I did a great job afterwards. Still haven’t heard anything.

They are so grimey LOL. Why call and email if you're gonna WL or R. They got my hopes up for no reason.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Did all WL emails go out at the same time? So if we didn’t get an email yet should we assume R?

Same feeling tbh. Mayo was easily my best interview. After the interview, my interviewer said he was going to do everything he could to get me in, gonna pound the table and all that jazz. Obviously, he's just one person, and I'm sure he did his best, but I thought if there was any school that I'm most likely to at least make the WL, it'd be Mayo.

Oh well, them's the breaks!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I feel all of this, my interviewer specifically told me she hoped to see me next year :(

+1 Alternate list. I didn't send any communication after my interview because I already got into my state school, so I wasn't surprised with this outcome. Might send a LOI as my cycle continues.

Finally got the Alternate list email. I cannot for the life of me think of why they're staggering WL emails like this. Mayo is so weird lol

Still silence for me. I thought one interview went really well and one was okay, but dang, writing those long thank you letters and sending an LoInterest just to be probably hit with the R hurts :(

No need to get my hopes up with an II when this was a reach anyway. Aww well. I've got other choices if it comes down to this!

Has anyone who interviewed with the Florida Campus received a waitlist email?

Still silence for me. I thought one interview went really well and one was okay, but dang, writing those long thank you letters and sending an LoInterest just to be probably hit with the R hurts :(

No need to get my hopes up with an II when this was a reach anyway. Aww well. I've got other choices if it comes down to this!
Take it back, just got the WL email. All is not lost!

WL just now- do we know about how many people are on the waitlist for Mayo every year? They mentioned that around half of their incoming class is selected from the alternate list which I feel like is more than a lot of other schools. At another school I was waitlisted to, for example, they mentioned on their website that only around 10-20 students are taken from the alternate list.

WL just now- do we know about how many people are on the waitlist for Mayo every year? They mentioned that around half of their incoming class is selected from the alternate list which I feel like is more than a lot of other schools. At another school I was waitlisted to, for example, they mentioned on their website that only around 10-20 students are taken from the alternate list.
according to MSAR, it's 300 waitlist spots amongst all 3 campuses and 60 of them are offered acceptances, but idk how that breaks down between diff campuses

hahaha slayyyyy I was so dramatic and just got the WL lmfaooo

according to MSAR, it's 300 waitlist spots amongst all 3 campuses and 60 of them are offered acceptances, but idk how that breaks down between diff campuses
how does this work if there are ~100 spots and 198 acceptances issued in 2022? a prior comment said that they only issue 100 first-round acceptances

how does this work if there are ~100 spots and 198 acceptances issued in 2022? a prior comment said that they only issue 100 first-round acceptances
So they accept 100 initially then pull 98 off the WL to yield 60 additional final matriculants.
so ~30% (98/300) odds of getting off the WL if that's all true.
+1 WL here too.

They haven't even sent me a waitlist either. Brutal. They know my status.

So they accept 100 initially then pull 98 off the WL to yield 60 additional final matriculants.
so ~30% (98/300) odds of getting off the WL if that's all true.
+1 WL here too.
Is this between all campuses?

Mayo Clinic is still not showing up for me on my CYMS tool in the AMCAS portal. Is that the case for any other WL folks w/ an acceptance to another place?