2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol. Just realized I have been actively posting stuff for the Jonesboro campus. I am headed to the OLD WESTBURY campus.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So if we set up our FAFSA and Grad-Plus loans we should be good for now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does the Master Promissory Note also need to be completed for the FAFSA and Grad-Plus loans or can that be done at a later time?

Does the Master Promissory Note also need to be completed for the FAFSA and Grad-Plus loans or can that be done at a later time?
I spoke with the Financial Aid Office yesterday, and they said the MPNs can be submitted later.

Do those of y'all accepted here know if the class is already full?
I don't know personally, but I imagine it is not completely full. Or if it is I think there will still be plenty of waitlist movement. I've seen some students drop their acceptances at this school so far and I imagine there will be more.

My suggestion is to seek out the help/advice of the second and third year students on how they got through the first year. May be that will mitigate the situation. Follow their strategy and work hard

ask them . What do you have to lose? Upside is you get in. Down side is getting a "NO"
I can verify that everything Dr. Chef said is true and exact. That being said every school has its issue and Nyitcom as a whole not just Jonesboro, is no exception. However, this school, I can speak for Jonesboro, does their best and the class of 2026 specifically has the best comradery of all the classes and it makes a difference.

I’m a student who is coming back into 2027 class at NYITCOM AR

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got my acceptance here, though I'll likely be declining. hopefully it'll go to one of you waiting on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed on 3/27, got the acceptance yesterday!

Reactions: 2 users
currently it seems that the class is not full. I was made aware today that not only are they working their way further down the waitlist, but at this time they are inviting more students for interviews. I wish the best of luck to all the Students who have applied and cannot wait to interact with the upcoming class of 2027.

does anyone know when waitlist movement starts?
It already has, waitlisted students have been receiving acceptances while new students are being interviewed now to fill some of those waitlist spots.

currently it seems that the class is not full. I was made aware today that not only are they working their way further down the waitlist, but at this time they are inviting more students for interviews. I wish the best of luck to all the Students who have applied and cannot wait to interact with the upcoming class of 2027.
Still interviewing this late. I guess no one first choice DO school would be NYITCOM-AR.

Still interviewing this late. I guess no one first choice DO school would be NYITCOM-AR.
No DO school is anyone’s first choice. This campus alone got over 7k applications last year for 125 spots. Most all of them have tons of WL movement. The original 5 and maybe UNTCOM, OSUCOM, MSUCOM, and a couple others may not have as much, but the rest are all about the same.

It already has, waitlisted students have been receiving acceptances while new students are being interviewed now to fill some of those waitlist spots.
based on previous threads I was hoping for some WL movement yesterday/last week- do you know if they periodically pull people from the list?

also Inteviews are over from what I heard from the NYC campus- not sure if that applies to JB?

based on previous threads I was hoping for some WL movement yesterday/last week- do you know if they periodically pull people from the list?

also Inteviews are over from what I heard from the NYC campus- not sure if that applies to JB?
Pulling from the waitlist is not always guaranteed but is dependent on many factors, such as how many students have accepted offers, how many have declined, how many have dropped or informed the school that they won't attend. this number changes as there were even students that were accepted and did orientation with us, but received last minute offers for another school and left. I will just say that if you are on the waitlist/ haven't heard anything from them after your interview, the latest I have heard someone get an offer of acceptance was 2 days after orientation started for our current class (this person joined our class of 2026) so sit back and wait to hear from them as it may be late July/early august before something happens.

Currently the Arkansas campus is still conducting interviews. There is another round of them set for this coming Monday. I'm not sure about the NY campus as we don't hear/ know much about what is going on up there.

Last edited:
How long does it take to hear back after the interview here?
there's no specific timeline for them to reach out to you. I interviewed near the end of September and received an offer in 2-3 weeks. My SO interviewed in the same time but didn't get put on the waitlist until late march and didn't get accepted until after June.

Withdrew my recent II. Hope it goes to another deserving student!

Are you supposed to get any email from the school regarding financial aid if you are still waitlisted?

Are you supposed to get any email from the school regarding financial aid if you are still waitlisted?
No. Make sure your FAFSA is filled out for year. I would select the school and have it sent to all your waitlisted schools. Once you're accepted then you go and fill out the loans and do everything for them. It may be quite hectic if it's a few weeks before classes start.

In case anyone else almost missed this like me: the waiver form to exempt school health insurance (i.e you're on your parent's health insurance) is due tomorrow (5/1) for new students !

Just got accepted to another school. Anybody know if NYIT will refund the tuition, I’ve already paid them? Not the $1500

Just got accepted to another school. Anybody know if NYIT will refund the tuition, I’ve already paid them? Not the $1500
If you paid from savings, then they should (as in, I believe it is their policy, not a moral statement). If you are using student loans, then I don't think anything has actually been paid, so you should be able to transfer your loans to your new school.

Does anyone know the deadline to submit the Master Promissory Note for FAFSA?
Are you asking about a deadline from the school? I would email Vicki to ask, but if you've done it already, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to send it in yet?

Are you asking about a deadline from the school? I would email Vicki to ask, but if you've done it already, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to send it in yet?
Was a little hesitant at first since I’m not familiar with it but I turned it in.

how do they contact you if you got off the waitlist? like email or phone. A phone call will suck if you didn't pick it up right away...

how do they contact you if you got off the waitlist? like email or phone. A phone call will suck if you didn't pick it up right away...
I could be wrong but I’m thinking you will get an email. A call would be nice though.

Anybody have the 2023 match list for this school?

Glancing just at the lecture based curriculum track, it looks like we take COM501 during semester 1, COM502 during semester 2 and COM503 over the summer if you failed COM501? I assume lectures are on a block schedule with the following breakdown (correct me if I am wrong):
Year 1
Semester 1- foundational stuff? idk what this constitutes​
Semester 2- neuromuscular, hematology, immunology, integumentary system​
Year 2
Semester 1- cardiovascular, respiratory, renal system​
Semester 2- gastrointestinal, endocrine, reproductive system​
I assume for each "system block" we learned all anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, etc just for that system in that block? Then take the pre-comp exam halfway through the block and the actual exam at the end of the block?

Glancing just at the lecture based curriculum track, it looks like we take COM501 during semester 1, COM502 during semester 2 and COM503 over the summer if you failed COM501? I assume lectures are on a block schedule with the following breakdown (correct me if I am wrong):
Year 1
Year 2
I assume for each "system block" we learned all anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, etc just for that system in that block? Then take the pre-comp exam halfway through the block and the actual exam at the end of the block?
Foundations is anatomy, biochem, basic phys, some pharm, some micro, etc.

Everything else is correct. You take pre comp the Monday before comp exam week. Comps are on the following Friday. Comp week is currently structured with DPR practical Monday, OMM practical Thursday, and comp exam Friday.

Foundations is anatomy, biochem, basic phys, some pharm, some micro, etc.

Everything else is correct. You take pre comp the Monday before comp exam week. Comps are on the following Friday. Comp week is currently structured with DPR practical Monday, OMM practical Thursday, and comp exam Friday.
So is foundations like a review of stuff we learned in pre-req courses? Or do you learn the basics (i.e. histology, cellular biology/physiology, genetics, etc) to set us up to learn the systems?

Year 1
Year 2
I assume for each "system block" we learned all anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, etc just for that system in that block? Then take the pre-comp exam halfway through the block and the actual exam at the end of the block
You're correct. Pre comp occurs the week before the comp (week 5 for first semester and week 4 for second semester). Your breakdown is by semester so yes by the end of each semester you will have done the anatomy phys patho pharm micro etc. however there is significant overlap, between blocks. (The 4-5 weeks divisions per semester) there is also review material from foundations and previous block. A good example is we just had genetics and old pharm in our 2nd block (this was covered first semester. There was also overlap such that psych (2nd block of 2nd semester ) was also given substantial lectures in the first week of the 3rd block as well (not as a review but as new topics we did not cover in the "psych block")

Cardio pulm and renal you essentially learn at the same time. one item (patho,phys, pharm etc) for all three at the same time with some blocks being slightly more heavy in one specialty or another

The curriculum does change frequently and our experience this year is no guarantee of what you will have next year or the years to come. It was confirmed today though in our class meeting with the dean that there will be 3 exams for the first semester next year and I wish you all the absolute best.

So is foundations like a review of stuff we learned in pre-req courses? Or do you learn the basics (i.e. histology, cellular biology/physiology, genetics, etc) to set us up to learn the systems?
Both you will go over many of the same courses you did in your pre req years but in greater detail and with a requirement of more than just the rote memorization many of us needed to ace undergrad years. You will also get your toes dipped into some clinical aspects of these classes. I personally did very well in my pre req courses but they did not hold a candle to the depth and level of understanding you will need for medical school. I learned more in the first semester on the foundational sciences than my years in pre reqs.