2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did people on the WL get that email regarding the info session in June?

Feels like a bad sign to have to see this. I am planning on making my final decision in June on where to attend. I dont know if I can wait longer to find housing. I heard housing for Maine is hard to come by for students.
Currently on the WL. I didn't receive the email, but I had already signed up for the info sessions a few weeks ago. What did the email say in terms of details? Really concerned with how little WL movement there has been since 5/1

Members don't see this ad.

Currently on the WL. I didn't receive the email, but I had already signed up for the info sessions a few weeks ago. What did the email say in terms of details? Really concerned with how little WL movement there has been since 5/1
Nothing special. I just feel like a school that starts on July 1st should be wrapping up with the WL a month before school starts.

"Hello, xxxx,

We understand that being on the waitlist can be an uncertain and stressful time. However, we want to assure you that we value your interest in UNE COM and appreciate your patience during this process!

To provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have, we are hosting an information session for all students on our waitlist. During this session, we will discuss the necessary steps you should take in the event that you are accepted off of the waitlist, in order to join us for the first day of classes on July 3, 2023.

This session will be an opportunity for you to learn more about UNE COM and get answers to any questions you may have about the waitlist process. We encourage you to come prepared with any questions you have so that we can provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information.

The session will take place on Thursday June 1, 2023, from 12pm to 1pm on Zoom. To obtain you link to register, please click here!

Please reach out should you have any questions in the meantime!"

Reactions: 1 user
I am on the WL too and I did not get any email but I also had already signed up for the session. I am surprised about how there has not been any WL movement since the deadline! Honestly my hopes are diminishing because may of last year, 6 people (maybe more if they are not on SDN) gotten off the waitlist periodically last year up until June 20.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im on the waitlist and I did not get that email... or previously receive that email... how did you guys sign up for the session?

Got the A this morning!!! II 2/9 and WL 2/20. Hope to see more WL movement for everyone on it!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Received the A today!! II 2/3, WL 3/8, submitted LOI late April. Wishing the very best for those of you also on the WL train— this is such a tough process, but we got this!!

Btw—I did get that info session email for June 1st!!! Definitely not a bad sign (whew)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Would it be worth it to send another LOR from my current employer? I am currently waitlisted and my employer is willing to write me one but don’t know if it’s worth it or if they accept additional LORs?

Would it be worth it to send another LOR from my current employer? I am currently waitlisted and my employer is willing to write me one but don’t know if it’s worth it or if they accept additional LORs?
I had the same question and not sure if it will be worth it if that job/employer was already listed in the application. I would assume they think why i did not submit the LOR earlier???!! But I do believe that if you started the job after you submitted your app and it is significant then I would definitely have them submit a LOR.

Who is attending the reapplicant session on the 31st ? Just thinking about it makes me think that this is a sign if we are not accepted by then, there is no hope :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi: Does anyone know when is the deadline to commit to UNECOM?

Any current students able to answer some questions via DM? Please help bc the deposit is due tomorrow for me. Thank youuu

any Wl movement this week? im stressing
I feel like there must of been some movement since there was an increase of members in the official Facebook group this week. I know anyone on the waitlist could have joined but I feel like its more likely after you would be accepted. I feel you on the stress!

Got the A just now! II on 3/21, WL on 04/04. Wishing the best for everyone else on the WL, there’s still hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Longtime lurker so hope I’m doing this right: II 3/7, WL 3/21, accepted today 6/26. Ended up turning down the acceptance because I could not feel confident in securing housing by the 5p deadline and getting up there before the weekend (currently own my house and have a dog that I refuse to leave with anyone else and live about a 12 hour drive away).

Still on one other waitlist that is much easier for me to manage last minute and this was my only acceptance this cycle - hope it goes to someone here who’s been waiting.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user