2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejected

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a II invite email today. Will be interviewing 1st week of April.

Already accepted at my top choice, but this is 2nd/very close 1st. Might follow through the process, tour the school, expect to be waitlisted at best, but let's see how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the A today!! :D Interviewed on 2/23. Waitlisted on 3/8. You guys got this!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Ooof I still haven’t been rejected but see that WL movement has begun?? It’s been dead silence for me

Could a current student speak on what the weekly schedule looks like? Specifically, labs? For example is there labs everyday from monday to friday from 1 to 4pm? Or is like only like 2 times a week and the days varies? Also do we have to wait until the lecture is over to watch it from home?
This is the current OMS1 schedule:
Monday - Donor Lab 8-12, Lecture 1-5 (occasionally 6)
Tuesday - Lecture & Group Work 8-12, Lecture 1-5
Wednesday - EITHER 8-12 OR 1-5 (Clinical Skills, you are only in class for 4 hours this day)
Thursday - EITHER 8-12 OR 1-5 (OMM Lab, you are only in class for 4 hours this day)
Friday - Lecture 8-12, Donor Lab 1-5

Also, yes. The way that they do recordings is that they are not posted live. Unfortunately, you have to wait for the lecture to finish before it is posted. It is usually up within 15 minutes of it ending however.
In addition, the current policy is that the first time a professor lectures to you, attendance is mandatory in person. After that, attendance is optional unless the professor specifically designates something mandatory.

Feel free to toss me a DM if you have any other questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
No R and no II. Dx But they interview into April don't they?

Reactions: 1 users
Wednesday - EITHER 8-12 OR 1-5 (Clinical Skills, you are only in class for 4 hours this day)
Thursday - EITHER 8-12 OR 1-5 (OMM Lab, you are only in class for 4 hours this day)

Also, yes. The way that they do recordings is that they are not posted live. Unfortunately, you have to wait for the lecture to finish before it is posted. It is usually up within 15 minutes of it ending however.
In addition, the current policy is that the first time a professor lectures to you, attendance is mandatory in person. After that, attendance is optional unless the professor specifically designates something mandatory.

How often do professors make lectures mandatory besides the first day of class?

How often do professors make lectures mandatory besides the first day of class?
Honestly.... Maybe once or twice. The one time that comes to mind was with a concept that historically has caused confusion & they required people to be there so that they could ask questions and clarify in person.

That said, nobody took attendance. They might have if it was apparent that a large portion of the class was missing though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II this morning. Does anyone know the likelihood of receiving an A this late in the cycle? I have a low undergrad GPA, 3.7 grad GPA, and a 513 MCAT.

Just got an II this morning. Does anyone know the likelihood of receiving an A this late in the cycle? I have a low undergrad GPA, 3.7 grad GPA, and a 513 MCAT.
Can't really speculate on odds, obviously by this point they have filled a lot of seats. That said, there are people in my class who got II later than this and were accepted. Just read up on the school/mission/values & prep for the interview as best as you can. That seat is yours to win!

Congrats on the II! How late were the interview dates available until?

Hi! When you say lecture 1-5, does this mean you can be at home watching the recordings then? (So basically you have 5 hours of lecture but can watch it anytime that day?)

Hi! When you say lecture 1-5, does this mean you can be at home watching the recordings then? (So basically you have 5 hours of lecture but can watch it anytime that day?)

I think they mean that the in-person/live lectures are from 1pm-5pm (occasionally 6pm) and once the live portion of the lectures are over, the recordings are posted about 15 minutes later and you then have access to watch them but not until then. At least this is my understanding and how I’ve heard it is also done at other schools as well.

Question: why do some people think there's no point interviewing late in a cycle? I've seen so many posts here, but especially on Reddit expressing that it's a "lost cause". Especially if it happens to be a virtual interview that you are able to make the time for... literally what are you losing? I would assume schools don't waste time and resources interviewing people for no reason. If there wasn't a chance that you could at the very least get on their waitlist, I feel fairly confident saying they probably wouldn't bother. I do wish schools were more open about whether you're interviewing for an open seat or a waitlist position though, that would be nice. Is UNE straightforward about that or do they usually not tell you if the class is full?

Does anyone know what’s a good price range for apartments/ rooms in Biddeford ?

I think they mean that the in-person/live lectures are from 1pm-5pm (occasionally 6pm) and once the live portion of the lectures are over, the recordings are posted about 15 minutes later and you then have access to watch them but not until then. At least this is my understanding and how I’ve heard it is also done at other schools as well.
This is essentially correct. That said, just because the lecture is 1-5 doesn't mean that it is only one professor lecturing. If one professor is lecturing from 1-3 and another from 3-5, the first recording should be up around 3:15. The recordings are done by lecturer, not by the entire time slot. I hope that helps!

Does anyone know what’s a good price range for apartments/ rooms in Biddeford ?
It's pretty varied. Single apartments can be pretty pricey (1.5k+), splitting a house is more reasonable though and you can get pretty close to campus. I personally pay 700/month with around 40/month tops in utilities for a 4 bed 2 bath house with 3 other med students.

It's pretty varied. Single apartments can be pretty pricey (1.5k+), splitting a house is more reasonable though and you can get pretty close to campus. I personally pay 700/month with around 40/month tops in utilities for a 4 bed 2 bath house with 3 other med students.
Thank you so much!! I’ll look for roommates and something in the 700-800 range 💖 !!

Hey all! Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Just poppin' in to say that I can try to answer any questions y'all may have too (i'm a first year)!

Hey can someone tell me how long the interview day goes for? Not the Monday info session, the interview scheduled after. Is there anything you do that day other than x1 1:1 interview?

Hey can someone tell me how long the interview day goes for? Not the Monday info session, the interview scheduled after. Is there anything you do that day other than x1 1:1 interview?
Just the 30 minute interview. Mine was with 2 faculty and a second year

Hey all! Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Just poppin' in to say that I can try to answer any questions y'all may have too (i'm a first year)!
What are some things we should have/buy coming into first year?

has the school sent out a list of available apartments? how are you guys looking for housing

What are some things we should have/buy coming into first year?
I'm not sure if they've sent you this yet, but they sent us a list of medical equipment that you should have for clinical skills classes. They offer a bundle, but it is way overpriced! I and many other classmates bought the same exact items in the bundle and saved a few hundred.

Some other things that you may consider purchasing:
- A cheap set of scrubs for donor lab (any color BUT green)
- An anki remote if you plan on using anki
- Not sure if you have a writing tablet, but personally, i feel like having one is clutch for lectures
- Honestly not much more

**Note: If you join the facebook group, they should (if they haven't already) share an excel spreadsheet where 1st and 2nd years will list items that they have up for sale!

Does anyone know when is the next waitlist session? Do they host these anymore.
I emailed the office this same question and they said June 1st 12-1PM on zoom. Registration for the event will be live in a few weeks.

I emailed the office this same question and they said June 1st 12-1PM on zoom. Registration for the event will be live in a few weeks.
What is the waitlist session? I haven’t heard of this before.

Any new IIs sent out recently? Hoping they interview into May like other DO schools

Any new IIs sent out recently? Hoping they interview into May like other DO schools
If you just google "UNECOM DO interviews", the first search result will be a link to their website, which states that "Interview sessions will be held from September to March and are conducted by invitation only." I'm sorry bud, it doesn't look great for those of us still waiting on IIs, myself included.

Question: Have they, in previous cycles, ever deviated from this timeline? I'm not sure if any current students or reapplicants in this thread might know.

If you just google "UNECOM DO interviews", the first search result will be a link to their website, which states that "Interview sessions will be held from September to March and are conducted by invitation only." I'm sorry bud, it doesn't look great for those of us still waiting on IIs, myself included.

Question: Have they, in previous cycles, ever deviated from this timeline? I'm not sure if any current students or reapplicants in this thread might know.

Welp. At least I can plan accordingly. Thanks for the information man. I think last year they interviewed into April if I'm not mistaken

Edit: So I called the admissions office months ago and was told that they interview into March AND April... so idk if it changes ? Or If I'm just being pedantic

I visited the school and was told by administration they were interviewing until mid april.

Welp. At least I can plan accordingly. Thanks for the information man. I think last year they interviewed into April if I'm not mistaken

Edit: So I called the admissions office months ago and was told that they interview into March AND April... so idk if it changes ? Or If I'm just being pedantic
I’m a 2nd year who helps with interviews. Last one is on 4/6, invitations for it have already been sent

Reactions: 2 users
I’m a 2nd year who helps with interviews. Last one is on 4/6, invitations for it have already been sent

Then why haven't I received mine yet? Haha JK.

Ah well. Is what it is. Was hoping for this school for awhile though. Guess I'll assume an R

Is anyone interviewing this week? I have mine this upcoming Wednesday and they told me to email them to register for the welcome info session on Monday, but no one answered the gradadmissions2 email. I also tried calling. Freaking out, I don't know what to do.

I'm currently pre-writing secondaries and I found UNECOM's prompt are different from 2021 and 2020, but seems like no question this past year? Anyone can give me advice on whether I should pre-write question from their previous years?