2022-2023 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, I think nibryce99 was a special case (maybe peds in general)? Because I don't see the sense in making this twitter post at 10a.m. if they had already sent texts out at 9a.m. Sit tight everyone.

I've already gone through all the stages of grief by now tbh, dont let me spiral back into hoping again lol (but maybe..?)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I think nibryce99 was a special case (maybe peds in general)? Because I don't see the sense in making this twitter post at 10a.m. if they had already sent texts out at 9a.m. Sit tight everyone.

I don't think anyone is getting called today.. Gave up hope tbh
Whole process is making me insane

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! I was also accepted today (Pediatrics).

Nobody told me not to share. It’s possible others were accepted and just don’t use or post on SDN, or admin for other specialties got tied up & weren’t able to call.

Take care of yourself today—it’s been a long week and the first thing I did after work was take a nap!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Nobody told me not to share. It’s possible others were accepted and just don’t use or post on SDN, or admin for other specialties got tied up & weren’t able to call.

Take care of yourself today—it’s been a long week and the first thing I did after work was take a nap!
Omgg can you tell us when you got called plss?!

Reactions: 3 users
Similar to the other Peds person, also this morning!

Considering it was just peds that got informed of A today, think it was planned like that. Thanks for the info folks!

Reactions: 1 user
The text came first. It said that they had exciting news and asked me to call as soon as possible.

Take care of yourself today—it’s been a long week and the first thing I did after work was take a nap

Out of curiosity what time did you get the call/text, also wondering for Peds and see if they did it all of it in one go

Sorry for the neuroticism

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah very sad for the rest of us peds apps :( but considering the class size is so small its probably unlikely many of those people would be on SDN.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection letter just came in the email.

Congrats to all those accepted, and good luck for all those waiting to hear back!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Rejection letter just came in the email.

Congrats to all those accepted, and good luck for all those waiting to hear back!!
dang sorry to hear that friend <3 what specialty? and were you in the final pool or on hold?

Reactions: 4 users
Post-II R just now. Was on hold before. Gen surg.

Best of luck to everyone this cycle and congratulations to those who are accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Out of curiosity what time did you get the call/text, also wondering for Peds and see if they did it all of it in one go

Sorry for the neuroticism

I’m uncomfortable sharing specific information, but it was not at the same time as the other person who posted. So it was definitely not automated.

I’m uncomfortable sharing specific information, but it was not at the same time as the other person who posted. So it was definitely not automated.
That's totally valid. Congrats!! Go celebrate tonight/this weekend 😁

As one door closes another opens, sending hugs to everyone today in this thread <3

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Time to brace for impact :(

Reactions: 8 users
+1 my first post II R but it’s what it is!

Fortunately, I didn’t get accepted because I have really fallen in love with something other than Gen Surg

• Care
got rejection email- OBGYN was in final pool

• Care
R just now, was in final pool for OB/GYN. congrats to all those accepted!

• Care
Peds final pool R just now :c congrats to everyone who got in

• Care
Guys how are you telling if you got an R or a WL? My email says “Unfortunately, due to our very small class size, we are unable to offer you a seat in our incoming class at this time. As the admissions cycle proceeds, we may continue to review our candidate pool for acceptance consideration up until classes begin in mid-July, and will notify you most promptly if there is a change your status.”

Can someone else please post the wording from the WL email? Because to me this sounds like a rejection not a WL
Toward the middle it said "Unfortunately, due to the small number of seats in our entering class, we are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time. However, the Committee believes you demonstrate the desired competencies and personal attributes to become a highly skilled and compasionate primary care physician, and would like to place you on our waitlist for strong consideration should a spot become available"

and then on the portal it gave me an option to choose to stay waitlisted or not under decisions tab.

Guys how are you telling if you got an R or a WL? My email says “Unfortunately, due to our very small class size, we are unable to offer you a seat in our incoming class at this time. As the admissions cycle proceeds, we may continue to review our candidate pool for acceptance consideration up until classes begin in mid-July, and will notify you most promptly if there is a change your status.”

Can someone else please post the wording from the WL email? Because to me this sounds like a rejection not a WL
Unsure what that blurb is talking about. My waitlist email says "waitlist" a lot of times, and including in that paragraph. I have no idea what yours might mean. Sorry!

does anyone know how many people moved out of waitlist last year?

IM final pool rejection. Was hoping for my first A. Good luck to everyone else! It was an honor being neurotic with you all.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
For those with a "hold" status, is NYULISOM saying you're on hold or waitlisted? I'm curious if there are two version of a "waitlist" decision. My waitlist email doesn't used the word "hold" anywhere in the letter.

For those with a "hold" status, is NYULISOM saying you're on hold or waitlisted? I'm curious if there are two version of a "waitlist" decision. My waitlist email doesn't used the word "hold" anywhere in the letter.
It clearly says "hold"