2022-2023 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It clearly says "hold"

Mine shows:
"The Committee recognizes your dedication to pursue a career in medicine and the steps you have taken to prepare yourself for this path. Unfortunately, due to our very small class size, we are unable to offer you a seat in our incoming class at this time, and have placed your application on hold. As the admissions cycle proceeds, candidates with a hold status may be reconsidered for acceptance consideration up until classes start in mid-July, and we will notify you promptly if there is a change your status."

There's no new tabs in the admission portal for me. No attachments to the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine shows:
"The Committee recognizes your dedication to pursue a career in medicine and the steps you have taken to prepare yourself for this path. Unfortunately, due to our very small class size, we are unable to offer you a seat in our incoming class at this time, and have placed your application on hold. As the admissions cycle proceeds, candidates with a hold status may be reconsidered for acceptance consideration up until classes start in mid-July, and we will notify you promptly if there is a change your status."

There's no new tabs in the admission portal for me. No attachments to the email.
Same. So does this mean we are waiting to be considered for the waitlist? Or are we waiting to get an A? I was debating on calling to see what this means, but I don't want to bother their offices too much.

Same. So does this mean we are waiting to be considered for the waitlist? Or are we waiting to get an A? I was debating on calling to see what this means, but I don't want to bother their offices too much.
Trust me it's no use to call, they haven't been picking up

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, based on the language of the waitlist email vs the hold email, it seems the waitlist is the better option. In that email, they talk about how they still consider you a strong applicant ect...the hold email does not really have the same complimentary language towards the applicant

Reactions: 2 users
Post-II R yesterday 2/16, interviewed 10/15

To be honest, based on the language of the waitlist email vs the hold email, it seems the waitlist is the better option. In that email, they talk about how they still consider you a strong applicant ect...the hold email does not really have the same complimentary language towards the applicant
I guess we don't know at this point. Only time will tell whether a hold or waitlist is the higher priority waiting list for LISOM. I don't believe they did the hold status in previous years (based on the threads) so it's definitely interesting they decided to make this differentiation post decision this year.

Accepted off the IM waitlist this past week!! Utterly speechless and grateful, was not expecting any movement this soon 🥺

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the IM waitlist this past week!! Utterly speechless and grateful, was not expecting any movement this soon 🥺
Congrats!! Can I ask if you sent a letter of intent since your WL decision or had any communication with the adcom team?

Congrats!! Can I ask if you sent a letter of intent since your WL decision or had any communication with the adcom team?
I sent a letter of intent a few days before the Feb 16th first round date, no other communication following then!

Has anyone on the WL or hold heard anything in the last few weeks? I believe their website says acceptances off the waitlist should start April 1st. Don't know if that holds true because it seems like they already started accepting off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
My own personal paranoia is that they've been calling people off the WL and no one's posted here because most people don't post on the forums/know about sdn :( Has anyone gotten a still interested email? I haven't.

It's okay though! Whatever happens, was always meant to happen and where you should be :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious - did everyone get the waitlist update email last week? I noticed some schools send it to all waitlisted people and some send it to a select few. Is getting the email a good sign or pretty standard?

Just curious - did everyone get the waitlist update email last week? I noticed some schools send it to all waitlisted people and some send it to a select few. Is getting the email a good sign or pretty standard?
I didn't get any email :( - what did it say?

I also got the email. Based on last year’s thread it seems like maybe a good sign?

Still really hoping to get off the waitlist here. Didn’t hear yesterday, so assuming our only chance is someone dropping. Holding out hope for myself, as well as all of you who are still hoping for a spot!

Just got the Post-II "Final Pool" -> Hold -> Rejection email. (IM)

It's been good, y'all ✌️

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
just wanted to share II —> final pool —> “hold/soft R” —> true R today. and for future years, it seems like post II —> hold or final pool and then final pool —> acceptance or waitlist or hold—> R