2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Also waitlisted 3/13, interviewed 2/24 as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Were any of y’all in the 1:45pm interview group that day? There were cool people in that group, and in the rest of the group in general. Would be awesome to see y’all in August

Were any of y’all in the 1:45pm interview group that day? There were cool people in that group, and in the rest of the group in general. Would be awesome to see y’all in August
I was, yeah! I feel the same way, I'm pretty sure I know who you are, if I had to guess, haha.

I’m hoping there is good waitlist movement here, it’s the closest school to my family, and I was really impressed with them after my interview.

I’m hoping there is good waitlist movement here, it’s the closest school to my family, and I was really impressed with them after my interview.
Same here on all points. There seems to be pretty decent waitlist movement

I'm anxiously awaiting to get off the waitlist. Has anyone WL prior to 2/16 received any updates? The last I saw was 2/2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, not me. I assume we might see some movement next week, and possibly alot around April 17th. That's wishful thinking, though.

Yeah, I hope that's the case. Were you accepted?

Nvm just saw your previous messages. Congrats lol

I’m hoping after they finish interviews, they get back to us waitlisted with offers. It’s so stressful waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
I believe it's around 60. Not exactly sure though.
Thanks I was trying to figure out how many students were accepted to the inaugural class. Because I wanted to compare that number to how many Matched this year and it sounds like 51/55 which is pretty good!!

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks I was trying to figure out how many students were accepted to the inaugural class. Because I wanted to compare that number to how many Matched this year and it sounds like 51/55 which is pretty good!!
I would assume that there were at least a couple students who weren't able to complete all 4 years, so I bet the match rate is even better than 51/55.

I would assume that there were at least a couple students who weren't able to complete all 4 years, so I bet the match rate is even better than 51/55.
That’s a good point! I forgot that two students in the inaugural class took a leave of absence their second year which caused them to change class. There might be more but I’m not completely sure.

Are there any current students willing to share their experience at this campus? I don’t know much about it. Would you recommend this school? Just received an interview invite.

What are you guys stats like? I’m wanting to apply next cycle but I’m not sure if I’m competitive for this school. I’m in state and close to Moultrie.

What are you guys stats like? I’m wanting to apply next cycle but I’m not sure if I’m competitive for this school. I’m in state and close to Moultrie.
I did the Biomed program here. Met many students whom were accepted with MCAT scores below 500.

Are there any current students willing to share their experience at this campus? I don’t know much about it. Would you recommend this school? Just received an interview invite.
I was not in the DO program but I did meet many med students while attending the Biomed program. If you have any questions feel free to message me!

For those that have interviewed, do you recommend in-person or is virtual okay?
In person and I got accepted. I felt I did way better in person compared to other schools that I did virtual. Ppl can remember us way more when is in person because it’s longer and you get to talk to everyone. I highly recommend in person if you can go there.
They are extremely nice. Just enjoy every single moment and you will rock it.
Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
This is not 100% true. There were several students who did not match into the specialty they wanted and have to reapply next year.
That same statement can be true for many schools. Some of those students applied to competitive specialities. Those students at least matched into a transitional year.

Last edited:
That same statement can be true for many schools. Some of those students applied to competitive specialities. Those students at least matched into a transitional year.
Transitional year? I saw that on the list and I didn’t understand much about it. What does it mean? I was a little confused because it shows the hospital they matched but no specialty. Do they need to apply again?!

Transitional year? I saw that on the list and I didn’t understand much about it. What does it mean? I was a little confused because it shows the hospital they matched but no specialty. Do they need to apply again?!
A transitional year is like a one year long residency. Students that applied to specialties like surgery or radiology and didn’t match can do a transitional year and reapply the next year.

Current M1! Feel free to DM me :)

Hi! Current M1. I applied with a 495 MCAT and a 3.6 undergrad GPA. Still apply! The school looks at a lot of other things besides the MCAT and I can definitely say your score isn't a full reflection of how you will do in the program. Myself and other classmates who didn't score high on the MCAT are doing pretty well for our first year!

Reactions: 7 users
Can you explain why to wait for that specific date?
I think end of April is when applicants have to really narrow down where they're going. And I think either 13th or 17th we'll see movement, then again sometime in May alot maybe. Who knows though, just speculating lol

Reactions: 3 users
If you have an acceptance, you have to pay a $500 deposit by April 15th to keep your seat I believe. Not 100% on the date. I already paid it since I know I'm going.
Yep, you were right about the date. Just found it on their website. Additionally, if you are sent an acceptance, you have 14 days to send a $250 tuition prepayment, in addition to that $500.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 3/20, WL'd 4/11 :') OOS (from Florida!)
Fingers crossed for everyone seeing WL movement!

Reactions: 5 users