2022-2023 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the class full so far? I’ve only been seeing people that interviewed since January receiving waitlists instead of acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is the class full so far? I’ve only been seeing people that interviewed since January receiving waitlists instead of acceptances.
I’m wondering the same thing. I’m hoping they just give a bunch of acceptances after their last round of interviews.

Someone I know was pulled off the waitlist a few days ago. She interviewed in December. Hoping for the best for everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for y’all to hear back with a decision after an interview?

It seems like 2 weeks is the norm, but they said they would have one issued sometime within 6 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite. Pretty crazy considering I applied last May. Any advice? Feels kinda late in the game haha.

Just got an interview invite. Pretty crazy considering I applied last May. Any advice? Feels kinda late in the game haha.
Congrats!! They didn't want to miss out :D
If you go in person, everyone is super nice and friendly. The advice current students gave me was "be yourself" but I would say to stay curious/open-minded. Iirc it was a closed file interview so be ready to sell yourself. Good luck!

• Care
PCOM Georgia has seen good waitlist movement today, has anyone WL heard from South Georgia?

I hope we start seeing WL movement this week as well.

Reactions: 4 users
I've not heard anything yet. But yeah, if the Georgia campus is seeing movement, hopefully we will as well; prob not today, though.

Reactions: 3 users
I've not heard anything yet. But yeah, if the Georgia campus is seeing movement, hopefully we will as well; prob not today, though.
That’s what I’m feeling. If Ga is moving then South Georgia shouldn’t be too far behind. Best of luck to all of my fellow waitlisted applicants!

I am assuming they are waiting for the April interviews to conclude before they do any waitlist movement/acceptances. Hoping everyone gets good news and we see something happen by next week or so

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I am assuming they are waiting for the April interviews to conclude before they do any waitlist movement/acceptances. Hoping everyone gets good news and we see something happen by next week or so
Yeah, and I think May 1st is when MD applicants have to narrow things down further. So maybe this time next week? (I'm praying for that, at least)😅

Good luck for you waitlisted folks! Is anyone still waiting on an interview decision 🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I was not prepared for the mental turmoil of the post-interview wait. I’ve tried to keep living life and mentally prepare for whatever they decide but today marks a month since my interview 🥴
Yeah it’s a long wait for sure. I know they said 4-6 weeks when I interviewed on 4/10.

The girls and I did it 🐶🐶. I got the call today 😭😭😭 Interview 2/24, WL 3/24 and A today 5/1

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
I got accepted today from the waitlist 😭 Interviewed 01/30, Waitlisted 02/16, Accepted 05/01

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to everyone! Wishing everyone who is still waiting for an interview decision the best of luck!

Just kind of a random thought but for students who have been accepted to a program without being put on a waitlist, do you feel any preference on going to that school who gave you a shot right out of the gate instead of going to a place where you were their second option?

Say you got accepted at one program right away after your interview, but another program you’re waitlisted after your interview and then you get accepted there much later in the game.

Was accepted yesterday! Interview was 2/24 and was placed on WL.

Reactions: 8 users
To those who got off the waitlist, did you send a LOI or any updates?

I got off the waitlist on Tuesday! Does anyone have a link to the student groupme or discord?

does anyone know how full the groupme/facebook group is currently?

I got off the waitlist on 5/1! Could someone please send me any links to the class groups?

Just got placed on the waitlist! Interview 4/10

Does anyone know where to find the rotation sites for third year?

SURELY we'll see more movement today, right? 😅 (💀)

• Care
Don’t worry guys, it’s still not over yet! My theory is we will hear something or see movement by May 15th or after.

As per aacom.org,
“After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions….. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn.”

• Care
Don’t worry guys, it’s still not over yet! My theory is we will hear something or see movement by May 15th or after.

As per aacom.org,
“After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions….. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn.”
That is good to know. Thank you

Withdrew my seat here today- I hope it goes to one of you great people!

Thank you so much!
I noticed the list doesn't necessarily organize the rotation sites. So some of them are to be grouped either as C groups or J groups. C groups, you have just one core site. J groups, you commute between cities. For example, Jacksonville is a J group. So its group includes Jacksonville, Daytona, and New Smyrna Beach and then you would rotate amongst the hospitals within those cities. Atlanta Area is also a J group so you would rotate amongst cities within the Atlanta area. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 3 users