2022-2023 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
first interview of the cycle. Alma matter IS, URM, 512, 3.95 GPA
Found when lurking in portal
Congrats! where did you see in the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they going to do another open house event? Also has anyone else received anything?

Also got an II.

IS, sub 3 uGPA, 3.98 SMP GPA, 52x MCAT.

My 4th application cycle, please be the one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you get an email from a school you’re excited about with the title: “Consider A Career In Pharmacy!”

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 13 users
Hey guys so I just checked my portal because I was looking at this thread and I saw this. I have no idea how long my status has been like this, and I have not received an email yet. Should I call the admission office? I've checked my junk/spam as well.
I would call/email ASAP. Complete date if you don't mind sharing?

Officially got the II this morning. Only available date is 08/09/22.

On a separate note, does anyone know how to prep for the MMI? Last year I did horribly and I want to make sure I’m ready this time.

On a separate note, does anyone know how to prep for the MMI? Last year I did horribly and I want to make sure I’m ready this time.
Can you share your stats and the day you were complete?

MMI prep is just CASPer prep with spoken answers.
Instead of being afraid of not getting the “right” answer, ask yourself what a reasonable and honest person would do in this situation.

MMI prep is just CASPer prep with spoken answers.
Instead of being afraid of not getting the “right” answer, ask yourself what a reasonable and honest person would do in this situation.
Thank you very much! I think last year I was so focused on saying the “right” thing that I just wasn’t able to explain my thoughts well. This year I’m definitely gonna practice Casper type responses and just interviewing in general (something I didn’t do last year).

Thank you very much! I think last year I was so focused on saying the “right” thing that I just wasn’t able to explain my thoughts well. This year I’m definitely gonna practice Casper type responses and just interviewing in general (something I didn’t do last year).
Here's a post I really like for MMI preparation. It's listed in the "sticky" links for pre-med MD as well.
Pugs' MMI Interview Strategy

• Love
I wish this school would send these tour / info session invites earlier. Really hard to commit to something in the middle of the workday four days from now, even if I want to go.

Just got another email from Patrick and I never even applied here. Oos

Us: Is this an offer to interview? :)
Him: "No this is Patrick -_-"
It's giving the Krusty Krab hahaha

Reactions: 6 users
Interview invite!! Super excited, I went to the preview day and lowkey loved the school. Found when lurking in the portal, which I do way too often.

Yes. They have to accept 90 Texas residents for each class.
Just wanted to clarify on this since I hadn't seen anyone else bring it up, a minimum of 90% of the class must be Texas residents, not 90 students. Class size on average is 230 students, so that's a minimum of 207 in-state students; max of 23 OOS. That being said, our class size this year is larger than normal at 239, so there's also a couple more seats for OOS students!

Reactions: 2 users
On their website it says they had a virtual admission event last Friday, did anyone attend?

II just now, IS ORM complete 6/30 LM ~67

Reactions: 7 users