2022 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would join a Facebook group and discord! Maybe start with a Facebook group and add a discord if there is enough interest.
I'll set up the Facebook group! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok guys I set up a Facebook group - let me know if any of you have issues joining it.

Just got off the phone with the PHAP help desk for those interested in rematch! They said if they do rematches at all it would be once everyone has accepted a position (mid/late summer). Also in the portal if you have been matched and are waiting to hear about rematch opportunities you should still accept the position because if you select “No” you will be kicked out of the system completely and have to reapply next year from my understanding.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I just got matched and although I got what I listed as my first preference state I had some personal circumstances that may change this and I may need to stay closer to home. Do you think they will be able to change my preference list now?
Just got off the phone with the PHAP help desk for those interested in rematch! They said if they do rematches at all it would be once everyone has accepted a position (mid/late summer). Also in the portal if you have been matched and are waiting to hear about rematch opportunities you should still accept the position because if you select “No” you will be kicked out of the system completely and have to reapply next year from my understanding.
Thanks for this info!

I got matched to Stuart, FL in public health survaillance! TBH Florida was not on my radar for places to move so I dont know what im going to do. Does anyone know if there is a way to find current PHAPers? I can see that there is one at the site I was placed at now and want to reach out for more info but idk how/if I can find them!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, everyone! I am a 2020 PHAP stationed in Columbia, SC. If any of you get matched here, feel free to reach out to me. I'm originally from Columbia and have lived in SC my entire life so would love to share any insights.

Can someone confirm that matches come in batches and explain to my anxiety why
Yes, I was told that they come in batches or "waves" which a former PHAP told me. She said that she had friends that did not find out till September. Hopefully, we all get notifications sooner rather than later! My only question is if someone is not chosen do they get a notification?

Yes, I was told that they come in batches or "waves" which a former PHAP told me. She said that she had friends that did not find out till September. Hopefully, we all get notifications sooner rather than later! My only question is if someone is not chosen do they get a notification?
So I saw on previous threads that 2021 was ALL sent out on a Friday in early June and 2020 was sent out in two waves in July. I think there are a handful of alternates otherwise given spots later in the summer when people decline the opportunity. I am devastated, I won’t qualify next year and I had moved across the country to take a particular job to make me a more competitive candidate, and it was my ticket out! Not sure what to do other than sit tight, cross my fingers and brainstorm other options. I believe that there are not rejection notifications, but presume at some point the USA job portal will update from pending to closed when they’re finished with the cycle.

Hello, hello!!! I’m so happy to see that ya’ll are slowly getting your matches! Just be patient- it’s a painstaking process to wait, but you’re almost there!
If anyone is placed in Indianapolis, Indiana or the surrounding areas- please feel free to message me! I’m a first year PHAP from the last cycle. There’s a few Indy PHAPs over here!
Good luck ya’ll and you’re doing amazing!

Ok guys I set up a Facebook group - let me know if any of you have issues joining it.

Hi! For some reason I can't access the Facebook page. Would you mind resending? Also, I matched in Minneapolis, MN (and grew up here), and would love to connect to other MN people!

Hi! For some reason I can't access the Facebook page. Would you mind resending? Also, I matched in Minneapolis, MN (and grew up here), and would love to connect to other MN people!
I can't access the FB group either for some reason! By the way--you should connect with Grace Christensen on FB. She's a 2021 associate working in Minneapolis!

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a QR code so hopefully that works better! If not, search "2022 PHAP Cohort" on fb and you should be able to find it. Let me know if you still have issues with it!

frame.png

Hi everyone! I got matched in Pikeville Kentucky to work in Health Equity/ Access to Care. I accepted and received an email saying that I would hear back from HR in 2-3 weeks with an official offer. Good luck to everyone still waiting to be matched!

Thanks so much!! I emailed them and found the same info— there is an option to go through a rematch process where you will be put on a waitlist until after everyone has been matched and accepted offers.

Reactions: 2 users
hey y’all! 2021 PHAP here in Phoenix AZ at ADHS—if y’all have questions or get matched in AS-feel free to reach out!! I’m also from Indiana so if you have questions about there, i know quite a bit there haha. my email is [email protected], you can also text me 2604439425

Hey! Did y’all receive emails stating that you were matched or are you just constantly checking the portal? Thanks!

Hey! Did y’all receive emails stating that you were matched or are you just constantly checking the portal? Thanks!
I received an email and found out that way, but it sounds like some people saw the portal update before they got an email.

Slightly freaking out, I think I accepted but it doesnt say on the portal that I accepted. It just says submitted? Is this happening to anyone else?

Slightly freaking out, I think I accepted but it doesnt say on the portal that I accepted. It just says submitted? Is this happening to anyone else?
I think you're all good! As long as it said you've saved and submitted, I think it's fine. I also got an email after I submitted as confirmation.

Hello! Was wondering if anyone else has heard back recently? I am waiting anxiously…

Has anyone who interviewed in May been informed of acceptance and matched somewhere yet? Did you get an email for it?

Has anyone who interviewed in May been informed of acceptance and matched somewhere yet? Did you get an email for it?

I interviewed in May and have not been informed yet either :(((
I interviewed in mid-May and was informed about 2 weeks ago.
Below is a pic from the Facebook group of a reply from PHAP about offers and matching candidates. Hope this helps!

289300545_10228264964715153_9147481888213525591_n.jpeg

So I just got matched though not exactly the subject area I wanted to be in. I want to be in the program, but afraid if I try and re-match, I won't be able to still accept the first offer.

I also interviewed mid-May and was informed about two weeks ago. My guess is that more offers will role in as the CDC reassigns the matches that were initially declined.

Hello! Was wondering if anyone else has heard back recently? I am waiting anxiously…
Hi! Just wanted to let you know you're not alone I interviewed on May 16 and I am still waiting as well. When I emailed them they told me offers can go out as late as early September. Hang tight we got this!

Curious if anyone has heard anything from the HR office yet after accepting their matches. The email I got said I could expect to hear from them in 2-3 weeks and today is three weeks since the offer 😅 I know host site matches are not finalized until later on but wanted to know if anyone has gotten any information about fingerprinting/background checks? Thanks!

Curious if anyone has heard anything from the HR office yet after accepting their matches. The email I got said I could expect to hear from them in 2-3 weeks and today is three weeks since the offer 😅 I know host site matches are not finalized until later on but wanted to know if anyone has gotten any information about fingerprinting/background checks? Thanks!
Hi, I'm also waiting to hear from HR. Nothing yet tho, hopefully they contact us this week

Hi again everyone! I just wanted to share this post from the Facebook page if anyone is nervous about not hearing from HR. Also, rumor is that they just sent out the last batch of offers
Edit: Just sharing what I heard from the Facebook group. I can't confirm anything beyond that!

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 9.16.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi again everyone! I just wanted to share this post from the Facebook page if anyone is nervous about not hearing from HR. Also, word is that they just sent out the last batch of offers :)

View attachment 356761
I don't think it's been the last batch yet. I have not received any email yet and i know people have received declines. I was told late July I would hear.

Last edited:
Hi! My host site informed me last Friday that they received an email from the program that they will be receiving two PHAPs in Columbia, SC. Please feel free to reach out to me!

I am a 2021 PHAP in Columbia, SC working in disaster preparedness and emergency response. Feel free to reach out to me as well; I look forward to meeting you both :)

Finally got a response from HR after they passed around my email ticket for a week (i got notifications every time it was passed to someone else to answer, was amusing). They are sending out official notifications soon to everyone and are done with the selection process.

Does this mean i was not hired? We'll find out soon. Congrats to those who already know and good luck to the rest of us.

Finally got a response from HR after they passed around my email ticket for a week (i got notifications every time it was passed to someone else to answer, was amusing). They are sending out official notifications soon to everyone and are done with the selection process.

Does this mean i was not hired? We'll find out soon. Congrats to those who already know and good luck to the rest of us.
Hi-

I received the same message, was unsure what it meant as well. Hoping for the best of all of us that do not know yet, and congratulations to those that got in!

Hello! :)

Has anyone here been matched to Richmond, Virginia? I’m looking to find more associates who will be located there for their assignment!

Hi Everyone
Has anyone heard from CDC and know if they are doing more matches or if they are just done with sending matches?

Regards

Hi y'all, my name is Suzanne and I have just been accepted into 2023 PHAP and assigned to Anchorage, Alaska in Infectious Diseases. I am looking to connect with others former, current, and future Alaskan PHAPs to hear about their experiences preparing for the position, what they experienced during, and how PHAP has helped them since. I am trying to get as much information together so I can be as prepared as possible for this big move and change in climate.

Thanks! I hope to hear from some of you.

All the best,
Suzanne

Hi Everyone
Has anyone heard from CDC and know if they are doing more matches or if they are just done with sending matches?

Regards
Hey! I know you posted this a year ago lol but I’m a PHAP applicant and everyone seems to have received a match but I haven’t received a decline or an offer. We’re they still sending matches this late into the year?