2022 W-2 BRAG Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As it says! Want to hear these heartwarming stories! Yes I contributed to big reddit report and read it!
Took a 100k sign on last year?! Do tell! I know some of you are cracking 250!
I want to see some of these CA numbers!

Finished out with 168k due to fiscal year bonus payment of 5k (this year forecast is 15-16k), no payment on signing bonus this year (second half pays 2023), pay adujstment towards end of year (+2). Hourly rate finishing out the year nearing 75.00 in BFE central US, retail, big 4 chain, manager.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Not so much heartwarming, but a testament to not to end up like me! This is after being in the Biz for over 37 years! Working 2 jobs at my advanced age. Working as staff pharmacist, an entry level type hospital job.

Full time job (7on-7off) - $82/hr (with all shift differentials). about $174,560 (includes a few extra shifts, overtime @$110/hr) And yes, BONUS of $233.

part-time job - Rehab Hospital -1 day work and weekend on-call every other week - including remote order entry- $18,966.
not enough withholding, IRS will want some more cash from me.
Total of about $193,526.

Kids, don't try this at home! Learn to live within your means.
I still love what I do, would do it again, IF I could go back 40 years. Plan to work til 70yo, if healthy.

W-2 is for peasants, 1099 is where the action is sonnnnnnnn!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you really want to be depressed, log into mySS acount (not mine, yours), and there is a complete breakdown of your income for every year you worked (and reported to IRS) Mine starts in 1986 with now 37years of Data. I added up the 37 lines, I have made over $3.85 million gross income!
Where the heck is my money, I want it back.

If you really want to be depressed, log into mySS acount (not mine, yours), and there is a complete breakdown of your income for every year you worked (and reported to IRS) Mine starts in 1986 with now 37years of Data. I added up the 37 lines, I have made over $3.85 million gross income!
Where the heck is my money, I want it back.
what is your net worth?

As it says! Want to hear these heartwarming stories! Yes I contributed to big reddit report and read it!

Finished out with 168k due to fiscal year bonus payment of 5k (this year forecast is 15-16k), no payment on signing bonus this year (second half pays 2023), pay adujstment towards end of year (+2). Hourly rate finishing out the year nearing 75.00 in BFE central US, retail, big 4 chain, manager.
212k overnight retail

I think I'm at 60k lol. Working a few days a week and chilling!

Reactions: 6 users
You guys got your W2s already?

E9415BD0-E0C4-4E02-8457-DF649054C253.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

What box are we talking? My goal is always to get box 1 as low as possible. Did pretty well this year.

I’d post here, but then someone can probably correlate me with the salary database in the other thread.

W2 Civil Service - $235,099 (~30 other pharmacists made the cap in VA, and at least 2 of them are on deferred compensation from the 001 memos I've personally seen.)
W2 Academia - mid-$100s (the exact number would clearly identify me)

No exemption AMT for both my wife (contingency payout) and I (one-off matured deferred compensation) separately, so we filed jointly this year. Civil Service didn't even pay my taxes. Bless you, TCJA 2017 for keeping us out of it for so long...

Members don't see this ad :)
what is your net worth?
House, worth about $1.35 million (market cooled down a bit) paid for.
Managed 401K, 403B, IRA accounts(I have had 9 different jobs) maybe $1.3 to $1.6 million depending on what day of the week/month/year you check. I stopped checking along time ago, don't need the added stress with this market.
I am an immigrant, worked very hard for every penny. Started off with nothing but my Pharm.D. and student loans.
I haven't done anything extraordinary other than working two jobs, raising a family, and NOT trusting my own investment expertise.

House, worth about $1.35 million (market cooled down a bit) paid for.
Managed 401K, 403B, IRA accounts(I have had 9 different jobs) maybe $1.3 to $1.6 million depending on what day of the week/month/year you check. I stopped checking along time ago, don't need the added stress with this market.
I am an immigrant, worked very hard for every penny. Started off with nothing but my Pharm.D. and student loans.
I haven't done anything extraordinary other than working two jobs, raising a family, and NOT trusting my own investment expertise.

Why do you work so much? Sounds like you have enough to retire or at least go part time and chill?

This thread is the opposite of what I'd want to brag about. I value my time. My goal is to work less, not spend my life slaving away at earned income. I know some pharmacists with kids who work 60 hours per week. I'm sure they clear over 200-250k but who cares, why have kids if you don't want to spend time with your family?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Why do you work so much? Sounds like you have enough to retire or at least go part time and chill?

This thread is the opposite of what I'd want to brag about. I value my time. My goal is to work less, not spend my life slaving away at earned income. I know some pharmacists with kids who work 60 hours per week. I'm sure they clear over 200-250k but who cares, why have kids if you don't want to spend time with your family?

The key is to clear $250k working < 40hrs/week.

Last edited:
I know of a few pharmacists who spent their last days at work in their 40s-60s. They died unexpectedly and didn't get to enjoy any time with family or friends. They didn't get to go on a vacation. They didn't get to experience any of their last wishes.

Life is short, don't waste it slaving away in a pharmacy.

Little shy of 200k. Will break that threshold with a raise this year, somewhat exciting I guess. I don't have to worry about bills necessarily (unless I lost my job), but I'm not wealthy by any means. Ideally wanting 300-400k/yr+, working on my own time, doing business of my own, etc.

Sick of working 40hrs/wk already, though. I can't imagine my life at 50, 60, or 65+ working in pharmacy at this point. I am very blessed and grateful for the life pharmacy has afforded me, but I'm interested in opening a business or something to do with my own passions, making money 24/7 selling, and working on my own time or where I want to and when I want to.

I have a job with fantastic coworkers and a great environment/culture. If I didn't, I probably would've got out of pharmacy already.

Last edited:
Life is short, don't waste it slaving away in a pharmacy.
True! I want to go part time and retire in about T minus 5 years (sooner if stock market springs back) but just nothing at the moment. And there is no way I can do it with current employer because no one wants to work an extra shift and can't even keep a floater :rolleyes:. Just tired of coworkers who are selfish. Even had a tech who only clocked in for 2 hours but then said he is going home. Key thing is...he didn't bother to tell me...the one who is closing and who it effects. He had the door open to leave and I'm like what's going on? Funny thing is when this person closes, he is all phobic about asking everyone their schedule to see if he HAS help when he closes:rolleyes:. Im just so done with it all, but I need insurance at the moment. It's just sad when you are a worker, but you are among non-workers.

oh clocked in at 147,000 and that is with me even trying to turn down extra shifts that get put on me

Here I’ll brag about something… I was able to max out a) 403b contributions, b) HSA, and c) dependent care FSA this year.

Usually that last one is funny or gets reduced. I only set aside $1400 in my limited FSA, mostly because I’m blind but my teeth are fantastic.

Reactions: 3 users
A little over 400k W2 last year; expecting over 500k W2 this year at least.
I am in process of starting a consulting llc or s corp for an unrelated side gig.

• Haha
212k overnight retail
details?
I think I'm at 60k lol. Working a few days a week and chilling!
benefits?
I wish there were more part time options in this field. Id happily only work 24 hours per week
Walmart hires at 24 hours per week with a comprehensive benefit package! Start with 1 month PTO! Join the spark in many exotic locales! Help some of society's most vulnerable people.
What box are we talking? My goal is always to get box 1 as low as possible. Did pretty well this year.
box 5?
Man this thread is like pissing contest or how long is your (blank)
Yes, that is the goal. Just simple talk for us simple worker bee...
True! I want to go part time and retire in about T minus 5 years (sooner if stock market springs back) but just nothing at the moment. And there is no way I can do it with current employer because no one wants to work an extra shift and can't even keep a floater :rolleyes:. Just tired of coworkers who are selfish. Even had a tech who only clocked in for 2 hours but then said he is going home. Key thing is...he didn't bother to tell me...the one who is closing and who it effects. He had the door open to leave and I'm like what's going on? Funny thing is when this person closes, he is all phobic about asking everyone their schedule to see if he HAS help when he closes:rolleyes:. Im just so done with it all, but I need insurance at the moment. It's just sad when you are a worker, but you are among non-workers.

oh clocked in at 147,000 and that is with me even trying to turn down extra shifts that get put on me
Will Rx manager threaten/write up that tech or let it slide? why not just retire and skate on medicaid or Obamacare for insurance (serious)
A little over 400k W2 last year; expecting over 500k W2 this year at least.
I am in process of starting a consulting llc or s corp for an unrelated side gig.
what are some major projects you worked on this year in IT? is your W2 really justified or are you taking venture capital for a ride?

Retail PIC, 78k for the 6 months that I worked. Nothing to brag about beyond leaving retail pharmacy.

what are some major projects you worked on this year in IT? is your W2 really justified or are you taking venture capital for a ride?
One of my employers wanted me to develop an automated web-based data processing/analysis program to support clinical data modeling & simulation. I am the main contributor/full-stack dev, and the project is still ongoing.

Another employer wants me to work with an external vendor to set up and launch a cloud-based computing platform. So tons of meetings back and forth. I am expecting lots of validation work this year.

I have a part-time job interview later this week, and also scheduling interviews with ASML for a software engineer role.

Will Rx manager threaten/write up that tech or let it slide? why not just retire and skate on medicaid or Obamacare for insurance (serious)
oh let it slide and that is the problem. Behaviors and attitude is not corrected. I'll be honest I know you have to apply to obama care (no idea what it will cost me).....and no idea how to collect medicaid (wont they look or ask about your assets)?

thus max out everything (401k, IRA, HSA) for right now....

I'm on the same page as you. The job would be manageable if all my coworkers had the same work ethic and discipline that I do. Seems like every day there is a fire to put out and I'm the only one with a hose. I want to work part time but it's impossible when we can never even keep enough staff to function normally. I'm not going to disclose specifics but I made about 200k and my base is probably 15000 = lots of overtime/bonuses

Working hard is in my DNA, not bragging! I just started my 7-days on, today, couldn't wait to get back to work. I love what I do, yes even after 37 years. As an immigrant, hard work is expected. I wouldn't know what to do with myself, working part-time.
"I have a particular set of skills"-Liam Neeson
Unfortunately, my skill set doesn't translate to any other occupation. Therefore, will just keep on working.
And I do get to enjoy life and family. Been married for 37 years, I enjoy cruises and travel. Two adult sons, both happy to have NO student loans.
They grew up with a parent in the home, taking care of them daily. I was there for hundreds of little league, basketball, and tennis games. Back from finished a 7 day cruise, with just the two boys. They could have gone with friends but they chose to go with me. Both successful and enjoying life. A very expensive daughter, just bracing for her braces, first car purchase and college tuition.
Everything I have is because of Pharmacy. I value my time, and family comes first, haven't missed out on much.
And everybody here, we are not digging ditches! It's an easy profession.

Reactions: 4 users
Here I’ll brag about something… I was able to max out a) 403b contributions, b) HSA, and c) dependent care FSA this year.

Usually that last one is funny or gets reduced. I only set aside $1400 in my limited FSA, mostly because I’m blind but my teeth are fantastic.

No kiddos but same, except for C. I got vision correction surgery years ago but can wear the weakest glasses again. So I do $1500 on the limited FSA and get dope designer prescription sunglasses every December with what I didn’t spend on my very boring teeth.

Working hard is in my DNA, not bragging! I just started my 7-days on, today, couldn't wait to get back to work. I love what I do, yes even after 37 years. As an immigrant, hard work is expected. I wouldn't know what to do with myself, working part-time.
"I have a particular set of skills"-Liam Neeson
Unfortunately, my skill set doesn't translate to any other occupation. Therefore, will just keep on working.
And I do get to enjoy life and family. Been married for 37 years, I enjoy cruises and travel. Two adult sons, both happy to have NO student loans.
They grew up with a parent in the home, taking care of them daily. I was there for hundreds of little league, basketball, and tennis games. Back from finished a 7 day cruise, with just the two boys. They could have gone with friends but they chose to go with me. Both successful and enjoying life. A very expensive daughter, just bracing for her braces, first car purchase and college tuition.
Everything I have is because of Pharmacy. I value my time, and family comes first, haven't missed out on much.
And everybody here, we are not digging ditches! It's an easy profession.

You are a gem. Reminds me of one of our overnight pharmacists who is an absolute delight.

What is the limit for dependent care FSA?

What is the limit for dependent care FSA?

It’s just $5k, hasn’t really budged in a while (not subject to inflation increases).

So true max that can be put away:
$22,500 401k/403b
$3,050 limited FSA (or FSA with no HSA)
$7,750 HSA

So with married standard deduction ($27,700) + above, one can exempt first $65k of income from taxes. Kind of a gross simplification, but pretty neat.

It’s just $5k, hasn’t really budged in a while (not subject to inflation increases).

So true max that can be put away:
$22,500 401k/403b
$3,050 limited FSA (or FSA with no HSA)
$7,750 HSA

So with married standard deduction ($27,700) + above, one can exempt first $65k of income from taxes. Kind of a gross simplification, but pretty neat.

Oh that's pretty low. Some people pay like 3k/mo for daycare.

True. But gotta take every opportunity to pay fewer taxes where we can

Yah it’s hardly anything, I think a podcast I was listening to said the national average is $1800/mo?

$5k is sufficient when said kid starts kindergarten and that FSA covers extra activities only + summer camps.

Yah it’s hardly anything, I think a podcast I was listening to said the national average is $1800/mo?

$5k is sufficient when said kid starts kindergarten and that FSA covers extra activities only + summer camps.

I always roll my eyes when people without kids complain about paying more taxes. The child tax credit is only 2k, that's not even one month of daycare! It might cover diapers.

I always roll my eyes when people without kids complain about paying more taxes. The child tax credit is only 2k, that's not even one month of daycare! It might cover diapers.

You should tell them “you’re welcome” for fortifying the tax base that will pay for their social security and safety net benefits, lol.

You should tell them “you’re welcome” for fortifying the tax base that will pay for their social security and safety net benefits, lol.
I always thank every 30 something pharmacist in my hospital (that's almost everyone) for contributing to my full SS payout, coming up in 5 years.
AND keep reminding them that 30 years from now, there wouldn't be much left for them. They love hearing that from a senior citizen.
You have to have some fun at work.

I always thank every 30 something pharmacist in my hospital (that's almost everyone) for contributing to my full SS payout, coming up in 5 years.
AND keep reminding them that 30 years from now, there wouldn't be much left for them. They love hearing that from a senior citizen.
You have to have some fun at work.

Lol I just assume I will get zero social security benefits when I retire. Makes life easier for me and I won’t be disappointed.