2023-2024 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@bored_suitcase I did! I think it was around- 2 weeks ago! I believe that the cycle is still young.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! If you guys want to keep talking or have any questions PM me! Will be happy to talk with all of you! :)

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II received today !!
Did you ever get the “We wanted to let you know that your file is still under review. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. We will be interviewing through April 2024.” email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever get the “We wanted to let you know that your file is still under review. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. We will be interviewing through April 2024.” email?
Yes they sent me that email on Nov 2nd

I saw there was a groupme link for accepted applicants and now I cannot find it. Can someone resend it?

Current OMS-II reminding y’all to PLEASEEEE keep believing you’ll hear back because it’s not over til it’s over. I didn’t interview until April and didn’t get the acceptance call until early July so there’s still plenty of time.

Also, if you have any questions or want advice, etc. feel free to message me. Always happy to help. Even if it’s just having someone to rant to about how crazy you’re going from all the waiting, because I’ve been there and I understand!

Reactions: 8 users
Current OMS-II reminding y’all to PLEASEEEE keep believing you’ll hear back because it’s not over til it’s over. I didn’t interview until April and didn’t get the acceptance call until early July so there’s still plenty of time.

Also, if you have any questions or want advice, etc. feel free to message me. Always happy to help. Even if it’s just having someone to rant to about how crazy you’re going from all the waiting, because I’ve been there and I understand!

When were you invited to interview? I went to undergrad in Knoxville and thought it would be fun to attend LMU‘s Knoxville campus, but I haven’t heard from them and was thinking it’s getting close to the end of II‘s going out

I’m a current OMS-1. I didn’t get an II until early December and didn’t interview until early February. There’s still a lot of time to get in! You’ve got this!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I’m a current OMS-1. I didn’t get an II until early December and didn’t interview until early February. There’s still a lot of time to get in! You’ve got this!

I was just accepted!! Can I message you with questions?🫶🏼

OOS II just now! However, I already have an A at my first choice, so I will be declining. I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS II just now! However, I already have an A at my first choice, so I will be declining. I hope it goes to one of you!
Btw, did you ever get that “your application is still under review” email at the beginning of November?

how long did everyone wait after submitting the secondary for an ii invite? 4-6 weeks?

how long did everyone wait after submitting the secondary for an ii invite? 4-6 weeks?

My secondary was marked complete August 8th and I didn’t hear back for an II until November.

Hi! How do we submit update letters? Do we email it to the Admissions office? I don't see a place for it in the secondary portal.

for people that interviewed: what questions were you asked during your interview? and how much time did you have to say your answer to each question since this is a group interview format? thank you!

for people that interviewed: what questions were you asked during your interview? and how much time did you have to say your answer to each question since this is a group interview format? thank you!

My interviewers just asked us to introduce ourselves and then asked 2 follow-up questions based off what we said. It was very conversational and individualized, so the response times varied significantly. But the total interview was 30 minutes with about 5 minutes of that being the interviewers introducing themselves and then cutting us off around the 25 minute mark for us to ask questions.

My interviewers just asked us to introduce ourselves and then asked 2 follow-up questions based off what we said. It was very conversational and individualized, so the response times varied significantly. But the total interview was 30 minutes with about 5 minutes of that being the interviewers introducing themselves and then cutting us off around the 25 minute mark for us to ask questions.

thank u sm!! did you talk more broadly about yourself or tailor the introduction to yourself to be more about you in medicine? any other tips? kind of psyching myself out

thank u sm!! did you talk more broadly about yourself or tailor the introduction to yourself to be more about you in medicine? any other tips? kind of psyching myself out

My group all stuck to more general things (hometown, family, hobbies/interests, extracurricular activities, etc.)The follow-up questions were all related to our hobbies. I would say just be your interesting self! Your app has proved to the adcom you can/want to be a doctor, so I think they just want to get a feel for personality. There were several groups though so you could get very different interview questions. Good luck!

Make sure you have an elevator pitch of about 1 minute for the question “tell us about you”. This is the very first impression they get from you. Most people decide whether they like you or not in the first 10 seconds of meeting you. You need to have a confident statement without filler words that gives them an idea of who you are. I didn’t write one out, but I had bullet points for what I wanted to hit and I rehearsed it before my interview making sure I stayed under 60 seconds.

My bullet points included
• Name & Hometown
• Undergrad & Degree
• Family & Pets
• Hobbies & Fun facts
• Killer closing statement

In my opinion this is the most important part of the interview. Don’t mention a single thing from your app. They don’t care. They’ve already seen it. They want to see that you are normal and have a life outside of your application.

No joke, another guy in my interviewing group responded by saying his name and then went into all the research he had done. His voice was super shaky and he just started to spill off his application. The worst part is the interviewer cut him off and told him to stop talking. Imagine starting your interview that way…

Needless to say, I haven’t seen him in my class and I don’t think he got in.

Slay your opening statement and the rest of your interview will be a cake walk.

Reactions: 5 users
do you send thank you emails to your interviewers as well as the presenters / ambassadors? or just the people that interviewed you directly? also, when should you send them out?

do you send thank you emails to your interviewers as well as the presenters / ambassadors? or just the people that interviewed you directly? also, when should you send them out?

Personally, I just sent them to my interviewers the Monday after my Friday interview.

When were you invited to interview? I went to undergrad in Knoxville and thought it would be fun to attend LMU‘s Knoxville campus, but I haven’t heard from them and was thinking it’s getting close to the end of II‘s going out

I got my invite to interview in March, interviewed in April, got placed on the waitlist later in April, and then was accepted from said waitlist in July

Reactions: 3 users
I got my invite to interview in March, interviewed in April, got placed on the waitlist later in April, and then was accepted from said waitlist in July
I remember watching your cycle unfold on the forum last year! I was so happy for you. I will be attending next year, do you mind if I message you with some questions?