2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got accepted this morning! Interview 3/10, waitlisted 3/28

Keep your hopes up! You all got this!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
is there still a chance to get accepted to Knoxville if on the waitlist, or how does that work?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is there still a chance to get accepted to Knoxville if on the waitlist, or how does that work?
There is a separate waitlist for the Knoxville campus for all accepted students. When you pay the seat deposit, you do not get to choose which campus and since Knoxville has been full for a while, you will get placed at the Harrogate campus. You may then ask to be put on the Knoxville campus waiting list after you accept their offer. If a seat opens up at Knoxville and you're next in line on that waitlist, you get an email asking if you are still interested to switch to the Knoxville campus.

There is a separate waitlist for the Knoxville campus for all accepted students. When you pay the seat deposit, you do not get to choose which campus and since Knoxville has been full for a while, you will get placed at the Harrogate campus. You may then ask to be put on the Knoxville campus waiting list after you accept their offer. If a seat opens up at Knoxville and you're next in line on that waitlist, you get an email asking if you are still interested to switch to the Knoxville campus.
I see do they consider any special circumstances, or is it just a first come/first serve type deal?

I see do they consider any special circumstances, or is it just a first come/first serve type deal?
doesn't hurt to ask if you can be there due to extenuating circumstances imo but be prepared for the worst

No idea but like @Beater5712 says, it can’t hurt to ask. The Knoxville wait list is only for students who are accepted and have paid their deposit. If LMU-DCOM is your only A, the point is moot. It’s difficult if you have another A elsewhere

Is tuition the same whether you’re an in state or out of state student? I’m almost certain it is, but wanted to verify.

Got the call at around 2 pm. I can’t believe it.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is there going to be any more WL movement? Seems like around 40-50 have been called already

is there going to be any more WL movement? Seems like around 40-50 have been called already
Hang in there. People get called even in July from prior years' threads, so I am sure there will be more settling. As and how people get A's to their preferred or close by schools, they will continue to drop their prior A's and reserved seat so there is still hope left.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! Checking in again to say please don’t give up hope just yet. I was in your exact shoes last year and I remember how agonizing the wait was. I didn’t get called with an A until July so there is still time for y’all yet!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me and I’ll be happy to help! Wishing all of you still waiting to hear something good luck and keep hanging in there!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I know of an A today, just heard (parent to parent). SImilar stats to the previous acceptance. Hope this progress helps all

Reactions: 2 users
Are there any big pros or cons to attending the Harrogate campus or Knoxville campus? For someone who had the choice between the two, how did you decide?

Hoping for the call next week while I restudy for the MCAT :scared:

Are there any big pros or cons to attending the Harrogate campus or Knoxville campus? For someone who had the choice between the two, how did you decide?

I didn’t have the choice but I saw both. The facilities are the same. Harrogate has two buildings, one for oms-1 and oms-2. Harrogate is quieter and you’re right next to the state park. You also have access to all undergrad resources and intramural sports. Knoxville is much more populated and seem to be more places to live, but you don’t have access the same undergrad resources. They are partnered with the YMCA in Knoxville so that’s included in your tuition.

Reactions: 1 users
Has the program improved their rotation sites? I’m seeing a trend that past years have been unhappy with rotation sites.

where did you hear that

Lol they probably read it on Reddit….the most reliable source of information on the internet.

Rotation sites are what you make of them. All schools have good sites and bad sites. All you need to worry about is the schools match list and DCOM’s match list is excellent.

Lol they probably read it on Reddit….the most reliable source of information on the internet.

Rotation sites are what you make of them. All schools have good sites and bad sites. All you need to worry about is the schools match list and DCOM’s match list is excellent.

I read it on other SDN pages

Does anyone have an idea/estimate of how many seats are left at Harrogate? I know people can withdraw their A, but I'm starting to get stressed because it seems like there has been less movement lately 😭 this is my only waitlist, and I'm trying not to get discouraged

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning interview 4/21 got the call at around 11:30 EST

Reactions: 9 users