2023-2024 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got continued review, interviewed 2/13. Tired of waiting LMAO

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering how they will decide who to accept/waitlist basing that they sent this to everyone

Wondering how they will decide who to accept/waitlist basing that they sent this to everyone
They might as well just say we’re all on the waitlist at this point, considering they’ve given enough offers to fill the class and they’re waiting until May 1st for people to decline their acceptance so they can reevaluate who to offer that seat to.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm so bummed y'all. How do we decide if we should start working on the primary app for next cycle if they won't even tell us if we're WL'd until May or possibly never....I know I haven't been rejected yet, but I can't help feeling like I have. RIP

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Well, my philosophy is to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. With that being said, I’m hoping I’ll eventually get the call, but I’m also prepping to retake the MCAT to make myself more competitive for next cycle. It sucks for sure, but all we can do is stay positive.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s scary to me how many of us are waiting on both Brody and unc.. seems like the chances are so slim

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so bummed y'all. How do we decide if we should start working on the primary app for next cycle if they won't even tell us if we're WL'd until May or possibly never....I know I haven't been rejected yet, but I can't help feeling like I have. RIP
My feeling exactly. Sad and disheartening:(

Well, my philosophy is to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. With that being said, I’m hoping I’ll eventually get the call, but I’m also prepping to retake the MCAT to make myself more competitive for next cycle. It sucks for sure, but all we can do is stay positive.
Hey BioQueen, if you don't mind me asking, what's your current MCAT score? I've taken it 3 times and scored 500, 503, 507. I can't decide if I should start studying again for it. This along with volunteering hours (~200hr) are probably my weakest areas on my app.

Hey BioQueen, if you don't mind me asking, what's your current MCAT score? I've taken it 3 times and scored 500, 503, 507. I can't decide if I should start studying again for it. This along with volunteering hours (~200hr) are probably my weakest areas on my app.
Hey FutureDoc! So I’ve taken the MCAT once and made below 500, 499 to be exact. I took it late last year, with not enough time to retake it to apply this cycle. Considering you’ve taken it three times with consistent growth in your score, I personally wouldn’t retake, but it also depends on what schools you’re aiming for!

I would also like to add I was averaging 512 on my practice FLs before I took it, so if anyone else scored well below their FL average on their actual test, know you’re not alone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey FutureDoc! So I’ve taken the MCAT once and made below 500, 499 to be exact. I took it late last year, with not enough time to retake it to apply this cycle. Considering you’ve taken it three times with consistent growth in your score, I personally wouldn’t retake, but it also depends on what schools you’re aiming for!

I would also like to add I was averaging 512 on my practice FLs before I took it, so if anyone else scored well below their FL average on their actual test, know you’re not alone!
I also scored 499 on the MCAT while scoring over 510 on practice exams.

I also scored 499 on the MCAT while scoring over 510 on practice exams.
Did you happen to retake? I retake it this month, and although I’m scoring well on practice tests I’m so scared I’m going to score low again :(

Thank you for the advice! That's what I was thinking too. I'll probably hold off on taking the MCAT for a fourth time lol. Good luck on your re-test!! I'm sure you're going to absolutely crush it!!

- I was averaging around 505 when I took it last time. CARS was always my toughest section.
Sending good vibes! 😘

• Care
Thank you for the advice! That's what I was thinking too. I'll probably hold off on taking the MCAT for a fourth time lol. Good luck on your re-test!! I'm sure you're going to absolutely crush it!!

- I was averaging around 505 when I took it last time. CARS was always my toughest section.
Sending good vibes! 😘
You’re very welcome!! And thanks so much! CARS is insane. When I feel like I do pretty well my score is awful and when I feel like I do horrendous I do well. I will never understand 😂 Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!! 🤞🫶

Did you happen to retake? I retake it this month, and although I’m scoring well on practice tests I’m so scared I’m going to score low again :(
Thinking about retaking it if I don't get in this application cycle.

You will do great don't stress. Sending positive vibes your way :)

• Care
Thinking about retaking it if I don't get in this application cycle.

You will do great don't stress. Sending positive vibes your way :)
Thank you very much!!! Wishing you the best with your journey as well! ☺️

Hey everyone! M1 at Brody here. A good chunk of our class (probably like 1/4 or more) got accepted in May off the waitlist so don’t fret too hard! I know it’s very stressful and annoying, but keep the faith!

Reactions: 10 users
Post-II rejection :(

• Care
I also got a post II rejection. To everyone who is still being considered, I wish you all the best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I hate seeing rejections come to the active folks on this forum

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
if you're still waiting to hear back from Brody, could you like this message? I wanna see how many of us there are

Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone else still confused by the continued review email?
Like are they going to form a waitlist or is it just assumed that we are on the waitlist until we hear from them in May?

Is anyone else still confused by the continued review email?
Like are they going to form a waitlist or is it just assumed that we are on the waitlist until we hear from them in May?
Okay so what i've been told from someone who goes to the school is that they can see they have a certain amount of prospective students that have offers elsewhere, but they are waiting until April 30th to see who commits. After they will start making more acceptances. I'm assuming since they sent that review and sent rejections afterwards, the people who are remaining are all acceptable, which means they have/will create some ranked waitlist to pull from starting May 1st. This school has good movement according to MSAR, 40 acceptances for 75-100 on the list.

I’m calling it the unofficial waitlist we’re on. It doesn’t seem like anyone has received an R since that email and they have had plenty of time to narrow down their list before April 30th

I’m calling it the unofficial waitlist we’re on. It doesn’t seem like anyone has received an R since that email and they have had plenty of time to narrow down their list before April 30th

People received the R after the continued interest email, scroll up

Financial aid email was sent out stating official offer letters may not be released until late April-early May. I wonder how that will change the admissions timeline since I’m sure some people are waiting to see their package before committing

Financial aid email was sent out stating official offer letters may not be released until late April-early May. I wonder how that will change the admissions timeline since I’m sure some people are waiting to see their package before committing

PTE date is still April 30th. The new financial aid just messes with where people commit to. should just be the same as always where movement happens may 1st and onward

They may not have rereviewed everyone. I find it hard to believe im the only one on here who got a waitlist when in previous threads it was at least 5-6 people

Random question- my Residency certification number expires in Oct. this year (2024)-- would I have to reapply for residency to apply for the coming cycle?

Random question- my Residency certification number expires in Oct. this year (2024)-- would I have to reapply for residency to apply for the coming cycle?

Yeah so when I applied this cycle, they emailed me saying my residency expires in 90 days and I had to reapply for it. My application was on hold until I completed it. Ended up getting an interview later so idt the hold made a difference (in a bad way)

Waitlist invitation email just now!
I guess they realized the need for a waitlist before May 1st after all... I'll take that as good news for WL movement this cycle. 🤣🙏

I Wonder if there’s a rank and those who got it last week are higher ranked than who got it today