2023-2024 Ponce (St. Louis)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe there have been a few interviews already.
To add to this, it seems like the IIs that were released were only going to those not formerly affiliated with the MSMS program.

Some folks have said that MSMS folks get looked at later, but who really knows...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Current M2. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi is there any current student that could answer some questions I have about Ponce?

Somebody commented earlier that they are open to answering questions
Who is it? Can you just please post the name instead of making me look through 3 pages of posts??

• Dislike
M2 here. If anyone has questions, feel free to reach out.

Members don't see this ad :)
M1 at the school, feel free to ask or DM if you have any questions! Admissions should be picking up soon.

M1 at the school, feel free to ask or DM if you have any questions! Admissions should be picking up soon.
Do you know what kind of special electives Ponce offers like nutrition/lifestyle med, medical speciality-focused courses, etc?

Do you know what kind of special electives Ponce offers like nutrition/lifestyle med, medical speciality-focused courses, etc?
Although not required at the STL campus for classes, there is heavy emphasis on learning medical Spanish. Which is super helpful to have when applying to residency programs. Our community med, ethics, and health disparities courses do a good job of giving us a complete scope of decision making as a physician outside of simple diagnosis and treatment. We also have numerous specialty-focused interest groups on campus. Good thing about being a relatively new school is that it's easy to start a club or group for a topic you are interested in.

Reactions: 1 users
Current M2 here. Feel free to also reach out with any questions or to gain another perspective if needed!

Idk about question #1, I know a podiatrist, and 2 physician -scientist who gotten their medical degrees in their own countries ( i think india and nigeria) are also the professors. In regard to #2. heard from people they they feel like they are prepared to take STEP.
#3. They have USMLE questions built into the curriculum. They also partake in NBME’s
#4. I am not a student there so idk but their rotations are at different Mercy hospitals in saint louis and out of saint louis in other parts of missouri
Regarding professors, this information may have been gotten from an M1, not sure who all is teaching them right now.

M2's currently have an MD teaching psych, an MD teaching path, an MD teaching pathophys, an MD teaching infectious disease, an MD teaching us intro to clinical skills and family med, and a PhD teaching pharm. The podiatrist hasn't really been involved in our M2 year, and the only thing she taught us last year was foot and ankle anatomy.

Reactions: 3 users
So I submitted my app here a while ago and haven’t heard anything. I logged into my application and it’s saying that my transcripts are still missing. But I’m confused because they should’ve received all of transcripts when I submitted the primary to them via AMCAS..

So I submitted my app here a while ago and haven’t heard anything. I logged into my application and it’s saying that my transcripts are still missing. But I’m confused because they should’ve received all of transcripts when I submitted the primary to them via AMCAS..
I asked them about this, this is for after you are accepted, don't need to do anything rn.

Does anyone know if Ponce takes update letters im still waiting on an II and have plenty of stuff to update them on

Does anyone know if Ponce takes update letters im still waiting on an II and have plenty of stuff to update them on
Yes they do, did they specify whether to send it Wendy directly or through the portal?

Hii does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate at ponce St. Louis

has anyone gotten accepted yet? I haven’t gotten an interview from here yet and wanted to know what my chances are as an MSMS current student

has anyone gotten accepted yet? I haven’t gotten an interview from here yet and wanted to know what my chances are as an MSMS current student
Wondering the same. I know interviews started going out in December so I wonder if they’ve already interviewed + accepted students.

For MSMS its like Feb-May.

Got accepted yesterday. December interview. Was sent an email beginning with “Dear accepted students,” from the admissions officer

Accepted just now! OOS, Interviewed 12/15.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the “consider an MSMS” email from St Louis today…. Does that mean my chances are gone? I haven’t gotten an interview so I’m just confused at this point.

lol i got an interview invite and still got that email 💀 i wouldn't take it personal it was prob a mass email

lol i got an interview invite and still got that email 💀 i wouldn't take it personal it was prob a mass email
Post bac marketing and MD/DO admissions are independent of each other at most programs.

Just got the “consider an MSMS” email from St Louis today…. Does that mean my chances are gone? I haven’t gotten an interview so I’m just confused at this point.
I finished the MSMS program already, so this was weird.

Got accepted yesterday. December interview. Was sent an email beginning with “Dear accepted students,” from the admissions officer
Congratulations! Did you get any other acceptances ?

Yep ignore those, I got one too a few days ago :rofl: