2023-2024 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any Idaho residents received an ii yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, it has been over 3 months since I submitted my secondary. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm a bit concerned and on the fence about whether reaching out will make sense.

Hi all, it has been over 3 months since I submitted my secondary. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm a bit concerned and on the fence about whether reaching out will make sense.
Same

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they sent you any 'under consideration' emails or anything? If not, I think it would be fine to ask for an app update!

Have they sent you any 'under consideration' emails or anything? If not, I think it would be fine to ask for an app update!
They have not. I think so too, thanks for taking the time to give your advice!

They have not. I think so too, thanks for taking the time to give your advice!
It's been over 3 months since I submitted as well, no emails. They also never responded to an email I sent with a clarification question over 3 months ago. I suspect they're probably just overwhelmed/behind but if they respond to your update request will you please let us know what they say?

Edit: just received the SUR email, they are either keeping an eye on this thread or multiple people have contacted them haha. Almost had a heart attack when I saw it was from UWSOM but guess I’ll settle back into waiting

Last edited:
Idaho Resident just received SUR email

Edit: 2ndary complete 8/8

Last edited:
It's been over 3 months since I submitted as well, no emails. They also never responded to an email I sent with a clarification question over 3 months ago. I suspect they're probably just overwhelmed/behind but if they respond to your update request will you please let us know what they say?

Edit: just received the SUR email, they are either keeping an eye on this thread or multiple people have contacted them haha. Almost had a heart attack when I saw it was from UWSOM but guess I’ll settle back into waiting
+1 SUR email before I had a chance to ask for an update lol.

Glad that SUR emails are starting to be sent out!

Unfortunately, I haven't received one yet. Maybe it is ok since it has not been three months since I was complete (complete mid-September)? Anybody else complete mid-September get the SUR email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea

Unfortunately, I haven't received one yet. Maybe it is ok since it has not been three months since I was complete (complete mid-September)? Anybody else complete mid-September get the SUR email?
also complete mid-September and haven't received it!

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

SUC: Still Under Consideration (interviewed but have not had an application decision yet.. holding pattern so to speak)
SUR: Still Under Review (has not interviewed yet, secondary application is still being reviewed by the ADCOM)

Edit: from what I understand, UWSOM will email you either way once they're complete with your review, whether it's an II or Pre-II R. They're not going to ghost you completely. It's entirely plausible, I suppose, for an application to slip through the cracks, but I feel like this is exceedingly rare.

Trust the process, my friends. I understand that it's an anxious process for all of us, especially the waiting game. Remember they're going through hundreds of applications and need to scrutinize each applicant to determine whether they will be a good fit for their program - not an easy feat, especially for missions-based regional schools such as UWSOM, and your reviewers have other jobs. For those of you that are Seattle/OOR applicants, I understand that there are only two more weeks after this one that they're running interviews, and yes, some resources say the invitations are sent 3-4 weeks prior to your interview date however this is not hard and fast. My II was sent 11/18 and the only days available for scheduling were for this week. All hope is not lost. :)

Best of luck to everyone! Wish me the same for my interview tomorrow - I hope I wow them!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

i was complete 9/13 and no SUR email yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...

SUC: Still Under Consideration (interviewed but have not had an application decision yet.. holding pattern so to speak)
SUR: Still Under Review (has not interviewed yet, secondary application is still being reviewed by the ADCOM)

Edit: from what I understand, UWSOM will email you either way once they're complete with your review, whether it's an II or Pre-II R. They're not going to ghost you completely. It's entirely plausible, I suppose, for an application to slip through the cracks, but I feel like this is exceedingly rare.

Trust the process, my friends. I understand that it's an anxious process for all of us, especially the waiting game. Remember they're going through hundreds of applications and need to scrutinize each applicant to determine whether they will be a good fit for their program - not an easy feat, especially for missions-based regional schools such as UWSOM, and your reviewers have other jobs. For those of you that are Seattle/OOR applicants, I understand that there are only two more weeks after this one that they're running interviews, and yes, some resources say the invitations are sent 3-4 weeks prior to your interview date however this is not hard and fast. My II was sent 11/18 and the only days available for scheduling were for this week. All hope is not lost. :)

Best of luck to everyone! Wish me the same for my interview tomorrow - I hope I wow them!
Yeah, I had less than 2 weeks between II and interview with the thanksgiving holiday in the middle. The admissions office sends you emails from student groups who volunteer to do mock interviews. I was unable to connect with them due to the short notice and holiday, but the admissions office is very accommodating and wants the best for all of the applicants. Definitely kudos to them!

IS II 11/30 - secondary complete 8/11

I’m gonna be honest, folks - I actually enjoyed my interview. My panel briefly connected with me and established some rapport, and the rest of the interview felt like a moderately intensive job interview. Sure, it was somewhat rapid-fire and there wasn’t time for any back-and-forth, but it definitely didn’t seem as bad as I thought it was, based on a few posts here.
YMMV however… So good luck to everyone still interviewing/SUC/SUR!

D2

Reactions: 6 users
Did you submit the secondary on 8/16, or was that when you submitted the Out of Region mission statement questionnaire? (Pre-secondary screening for OOR applicants)
Secendory submitted 8/16

Last edited:
OOS secondary 8/16
Mcat 517 gpa 3.8
My dream scool!
Silence
Also OOR, submitted secondary a few days after you with similar stats and also still waiting. They have a lot of apps to review, hopefully the fact that we haven't been rejected means that they see something in our applications! Hang in there!

Adding a data point here but sadly was rejected on 12/1. Complete on 9/13 and OOR. I really liked this program so definitely a bummer. Best of luck to the rest of yall!

• Care
I’m gonna be honest, folks - I actually enjoyed my interview. My panel briefly connected with me and established some rapport, and the rest of the interview felt like a moderately intensive job interview. Sure, it was somewhat rapid-fire and there wasn’t time for any back-and-forth, but it definitely didn’t seem as bad as I thought it was, based on a few posts here.
YMMV however… So good luck to everyone still interviewing/SUC/SUR!

D2
This was my experience too. Albeit I've only had one other interview to compare it to, and that one was much more rapid-fire and even less conversational, so this one was a relief in comparison!

Just got the SUR email..I’ll take it! Complete on 9/3.

Did anyone who got an A this cycle feel bad about their interview? 😭

Did anyone who got an A this cycle feel bad about their interview?
I felt miserable about mine! I rambled so much, stumbled over my words, and had to be redirected a couple times. I have been lucky to have multiple interviews this season, and this one was BY FAR my worst performance. Still got the A! Keeping my fingers crossed for you

• Care
  • Love
I felt miserable about mine! I rambled so much, stumbled over my words, and had to be redirected a couple times. I have been lucky to have multiple interviews this season, and this one was BY FAR my worst performance. Still got the A! Keeping my fingers crossed for you
This was so reassuring thank you! You’ve been killing it this cycle it seems :D

emoji1696.png
May be your Stats/EC helped. Good Luck.

Anybody else been on edge all day thinking that we’ll hear from the EXCOM today? Or have I just fully entered delulu neuroticism

Anyone got SUC email for this week?
Not yet. I'm guessing the only reason it came Wednesday last time was because of the holiday weekend; otherwise it will probably come later. The SUC before last was on a Monday following the weekend

Accepted Spokane Campus!!! Interviewed 12/07. This feels so unreal and I am so so grateful. Good luck to everyone this cycle, you've all worked so hard and you've got this guys <3

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted Spokane Campus!!! Interviewed 12/07. This feels so unreal and I am so so grateful. Good luck to everyone this cycle, you've all worked so hard and you've got this guys <3
Woah such a fast turn around!!! Congratulations you should be so proud!!

• Care
Post II Wait list/ hold today anybody know the odds on this type of thing?