2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people that dropped acceptances to DO schools how did you do it? I know the deadline is today but there is no option to withdraw on the portal.
email the school that you want to rescind your application.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I did not pay the deposit to other DO schools (accepted Oct-Dec 2023) and paid my deposit with WesternU before the dealine (Dec 2023), I am assuming the other DO schools have already taken me off the acceptance list. Is my understanding correct?

For people that dropped acceptances to DO schools how did you do it? I know the deadline is today but there is no option to withdraw on the portal.
I just emailed the other school I had put down a deposit at and they withdrew me. for my other DO As I never put down a deposit so I think they automatically took me out? hopefully lol

Did you send an LOI? And what were your stats lol? I got AL the same day and dont know if have chance 😭😭😭
I sent a letter of interest a few months ago (no letter of intent). & then I submitted some updates last night but not sure if those were looked at or influenced the decision. & LM 69

Reactions: 1 users
I sent a letter of interest a few months ago (no letter of intent). & then I submitted some updates last night but not sure if those were looked at or influenced the decision. & LM 69
no updates or anything from me. im cooked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the exact breakdown for their estimated budgets? Their website is confusing me because it lists the estimated budgets for “Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine/Pomona Campus” and another estimate for “Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM)/Pomona Campus.” The tuitions listed in both are exactly the same but the amounts for living expenses, transportation, etc are different? Thanks!
Total COA and loan eligibility was 100,131.00 last year, i know there website is confusing. If youre doing FAFSA and take the full COA, after they have taken most things out, youre left with about 30K per year to live on. Think tuition went up 2K this year and I imagine well prob get a slight bumb for increased cost of living, so I imagine total loan amounts will be like 103K or something next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Total COA and loan eligibility was 100,131.00 last year, i know there website is confusing. If youre doing FAFSA and take the full COA, after they have taken most things out, youre left with about 30K per year to live on. Think tuition went up 2K this year and I imagine well prob get a slight bumb for increased cost of living, so I imagine total loan amounts will be like 103K or something next year.
I should mention the 30K does NOT include health insurance which I believe is about 4000/year if you get it through the school. You can waive out if you have insurance through your parents or yourself. Most students are also eligible for medicaid since we dont usually have income lol which qualifies for the waiver as well. For more detailed info you can reach out to the financial aid office

no updates or anything from me. im cooked.
i’d submit an LOI if it’s your top choice or even just updates as soon as you can! a lot of movement still going on especially as people get off MD waitlists this month and in june

i’d submit an LOI if it’s your top choice or even just updates as soon as you can! a lot of movement still going on especially as people get off MD waitlists this month and in june
Congrats on your A! Do you mind me asking who did you send your updates to?

Congrats on your A! Do you mind me asking who did you send your updates to?
Thank you! I submitted the updates in the section on the prospective students page that says “upload materials,” but just noticed that it says “if we have not requested that you submit documents to us, you may disregard this.” so maybe you’re not supposed to upload there? Oops. I submitted all my documents in that though

• Love
Is there expected to be movement anytime soon? Currently waitlisted and some deadlines are coming up for another school for me this month.
So much money :arghh:

Is there expected to be movement anytime soon? Currently waitlisted and some deadlines are coming up for another school for me this month.
So much money :arghh:
broo samee im like stressed hardcore

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
No but like actually does anyone know when waitlist mocemvemt might happen

Just got accepted off WL.

Interview end of Jan, WL early Feb.

I called admissions earlier today and that may have helped.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted off WL.

Interview end of Jan, WL early Feb.

I called admissions earlier today and that may have helped.
Congrats! I'm in the same time batch of interview/WL. What did you ask them about and did you also send a LOI?

Congrats! I'm in the same time batch of interview/WL. What did you ask them about and did you also send a LOI?
Hello. I just called to ask about my status on the WL and whether there was any movement. The counselor asked whether I was still interested and when I said yes, I heard her type quite a bit.

I did send LOI after interview as well as 2 update letters since but I don't think they actually read them.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone recieve a rejection email yet? Just trying to see if there is a chance they may still interview. 👀

Anyone recieve a rejection email yet? Just trying to see if there is a chance they may still interview. 👀
not yet, still waiting for my rejection email. I am a Pomona resident and the school is about 3 miles down the street from my house. I sent them an LOI explaining how much it means to me to be able to go to a medical school in my hometown, to be closer to my kids at this time in their life, and to serve the people here but I don't think it matters lol. Instead, they sent me an II for the Oregon campus. why oh why do they make us wait for everything including a rejection o_O

not yet, still waiting for my rejection email. I am a Pomona resident and the school is about 3 miles down the street from my house. I sent them an LOI explaining how much it means to me to be able to go to a medical school in my hometown, to be closer to my kids at this time in their life, and to serve the people here but I don't think it matters lol. Instead, they sent me an II for the Oregon campus. why oh why do they make us wait for everything including a rejection o_O
Do not give up hope.

Also got an ii from the Oregon campus after sending a LOI to the Pomona campus lol. Still praying tho

After being on the waitlist since February 1st, they finally removed me from the waitlist:D

Reactions: 3 users
After being on the waitlist since February 1st, they finally removed me from the waitlist:D
Wait I’m sorry to hear that!! 😭 Can you clarify about this though- did you decide to move yourself off the WL, or did they move you?

Wait I’m sorry to hear that!! 😭 Can you clarify about this though- did you decide to move yourself off the WL, or did they move you?
Eh, maybe I didn't say it clearly, they accepted me, thus I was removed from the waitlist.

• Love
Eh, maybe I didn't say it clearly, they accepted me, thus I was removed from the waitlist.
OH!! CONGRATS!!! 🎉🎉🎉 Definitely not you, I’m just tired 😂😭

Called admissions this morning to ask about WL status. They said that they record interactions from interested students and admissions takes this into account. Got the A call this afternoon. If you’re on WL or still interested to interview definitely give them a call.

II 4/11, WL 4/26

Reactions: 7 users
Called admissions this morning to ask about WL status. They said that they record interactions from interested students and admissions takes this into account. Got the A call this afternoon. If you’re on WL or still interested to interview definitely give them a call.

II 4/11, WL 4/26
Congratulations! I think the Pomona campus only hold interviews until the end of April since they don't have a problem filling their class:unsure:

II 4/11, WL 4/26
How would you recommend going about that interaction. Did you call and just ask about your status? Just want to consider how to go about that call. Thank you :)

How would you recommend going about that interaction. Did you call and just ask about your status? Just want to consider how to go about that call. Thank you :)

Yes! I called to ask what the WL movement typically looks like. I emphasized that I am incredibly interested in attending COMP and she said she would make a note of this “interaction” that the admissions team can view. The lady was very nice so I’d reach out asap if you’re on WL.

I also sent LOI about 2 weeks ago but I’m not sure that anyone on admissions even looked at it.

Best of luck!

Yes! I called to ask what the WL movement typically looks like. I emphasized that I am incredibly interested in attending COMP and she said she would make a note of this “interaction” that the admissions team can view. The lady was very nice so I’d reach out asap if you’re on WL.

I also sent LOI about 2 weeks ago but I’m not sure that anyone on admissions even looked at it.

Best of luck!
I think this was just you 😭😭😭😭 I called twice and didn’t hear no typing nor anything like that although I wish it would happen

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I left two voicemails today and no one called back :( I guess they are not available today?

I left two voicemails today and no one called back :( I guess they are not available today?
I called right at around 9:30AM PST this morning and someone answered the phone right away. I tried calling yesterday at around 3:30PM twice and was unable to reach anyone. So maybe the admission team are unavailable in the afternoon and the morning is the best time to call!

I called right at around 9:30AM PST this morning and someone answered the phone right away. I tried calling yesterday at around 3:30PM twice and was unable to reach anyone. So maybe the admission team are unavailable in the afternoon and the morning is the best time to call!
Thank you for letting me know! I called twice this morning around 9am but both times they connected me to an admissions counselor, who unfortunately was unavailable and the call went straight to voicemail :(

Thank you for letting me know! I called twice this morning around 9am but both times they connected me to an admissions counselor, who unfortunately was unavailable and the call went straight to voicemail :(
i called and left a voicemail yesterday, but they emailed me back this morning so you should hear back sometime soon! i also was able to reach someone around 8:30 am this morning too.