2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know with waitlist movement does that mean they are done interviewing, or do they keep interviewing until May?

Officially withdrew my acceptance. That should be one more WL spot that opened up! Good luck y'all. Hope that list moves a little more today!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview 1/20, waitlist 2/16, and IS accepted today! I’m so excited!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Should I withdraw my app at this point? Still haven't got an II lol
I would only withdraw if you already have an acceptance to a school you would rather go to. If you would still prefer to go to Western Comp...leave that hat in the ring. You never know

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if attending these events Donna Fulton is sharing with us matters for getting off the WL? Ordinarily I wouldn’t think so, but in her email she said she’d “really like to see us there” and I have no idea who else was on the distro.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if attending these events Donna Fulton is sharing with us matters for getting off the WL? Ordinarily I wouldn’t think so, but in her email she said she’d “really like to see us there” and I have no idea who else was on the distro.
Did she send one recently? I think the last ones I saw from her were in February

IS II this morning!! Last minute hail mary secondary submitted 3/12.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted back in September and have yet to receive an II lol, should I give up at this point? I already submitted an update letter back in January...

I submitted back in September and have yet to receive an II lol, should I give up at this point? I already submitted an update letter back in January...
Hard to say my friend, their website says they hold interviews sept-march, but that may be outdated because I know they still had interviews running in May last year.

I asked at my interview and the April interview is planned to be the last one. However, if unexpected issues will the class occur then there could possibly be another interview but Donna seemed to be pretty confident that wouldn't happen this year.

The incoming class Facebook group is at 56 people. Prior classes are 110-120 people.

The incoming class Facebook group is at 56 people. Prior classes are 110-120 people.
I wonder how much of this is people just not using social media? As someone chillin on the WL I am very hopeful they are about to start dishing out As once May hits

I wonder how much of this is people just not using social media? As someone chillin on the WL I am very hopeful they are about to start dishing out As once May hits

Yeah I called a while back and they said to expect a lot of WL movement in May.

Maybe a few people don’t join the FB group. But previous years groups are close to class size. Also seems like the best way to figure out housing, etc. idk its all we have as an indicator so ofc I’m neurotically checking its size lmao

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my II but its for 05/17/2024.... it was my first choice when I started the app cycle but hearing back now has me conflicted. Does anyone have any input as to this II is for a WL/alternate position?

Just got my II but its for 05/17/2024.... it was my first choice when I started the app cycle but hearing back now has me conflicted. Does anyone have any input as to this II is for a WL/alternate position?
It must mean they don't feel like they have a strong enough pool to fill the class how they'd like. I spoke to them a few months ago and they mentioned that last year they had to extend interviews to May, but that this year they would stop in April unless they thought there might be an issue filling the class - so if you got a II then you have a legitimate shot just like anyone else my friend.

It must mean they don't feel like they have a strong enough pool to fill the class how they'd like. I spoke to them a few months ago and they mentioned that last year they had to extend interviews to May, but that this year they would stop in April unless they thought there might be an issue filling the class - so if you got a II then you have a legitimate shot just like anyone else my friend.
Awesome, thank you so much for the input!

EDIT: I ended up signing up for the interview, thanks again!

Last edited: