2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On that note, does anyone know how much waitlist movement happens? And also, if the waitlist is ranked in any way?
Looking at last years threads, it looks like waitlist movement started happening in June and alternate list movement didnt happen until July.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On that note, does anyone know how much waitlist movement happens? And also, if the waitlist is ranked in any way?
As far as I recall the interview guide said that the waitlist is unranked, but they don't begin to pull from it before May after interviews are done.

Members don't see this ad :)
LMK if it's not possible. I applied to Pomona and got an II for next week but I really would want to attend the COMP Northwest. Is it too late to apply for the Northwest at this point? Like is the class already really full?

Anyone still pending an II and got the email under review? this is like the 3rd email i got from them :/

LMK if it's not possible. I applied to Pomona and got an II for next week but I really would want to attend the COMP Northwest. Is it too late to apply for the Northwest at this point? Like is the class already really full?
Application deadline is March 15. So you still do have time. I believe they give around 300 acceptances? But I might be remembering that number wrong. The class is only like 107 students. I know I have accepted a seat for this incoming class, but I'm still waiting to hear From some other interviews.

Application deadline is March 15. So you still do have time. I believe they give around 300 acceptances? But I might be remembering that number wrong. The class is only like 107 students. I know I have accepted a seat for this incoming class, but I'm still waiting to hear From some other interviews.
Thank you! I'll apply now then rip D:

Withdrawing my A here - hope it goes to one of y'all still waiting! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my A here, good luck to everyone interviewing in the future and those in the waitlist! This is an incredible program, and you are all incredible people!

Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday! secondary submitted on 11/6 and processed on 11/7. Declining the II, hope it goes to one of you waiting! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
II yesterday! secondary submitted on 11/6 and processed on 11/7. Declining the II, hope it goes to one of you waiting! Good luck everyone!
Thank you! I submitted back in August and am feeling lost that I haven't heard anything since lol. I wish you success with your app cycle!

Thank you! I submitted back in August and am feeling lost that I haven't heard anything since lol. I wish you success with your app cycle!

Keep your head up!! I’ve had the same thing happen with my friends and me this cycle and it worked out in the end. There is still so much time left in the cycle, rooting for you!! feel free to DM me if you have any questions :)

do you guys think it's too late to send in a primary here?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think it's too late to send in a primary here?
While the primary deadline isn't until March 1, I'm not sure if you'd be given consideration unless your app is extremely strong. If that's the case, I say shoot your shot! There are always students that will get in even applying late, but I think that's the exception and not the rule. Plus, it sounds the school is near capacity regarding their class. Take what I say with a grain of salt, though!

While the primary deadline isn't until March 1, I'm not sure if you'd be given consideration unless your app is extremely strong. If that's the case, I say shoot your shot! There are always students that will get in even applying late, but I think that's the exception and not the rule. Plus, it sounds the school is near capacity regarding their class. Take what I say with a grain of salt, though!
I appreciate the detailed response - thank you!

Congrats! Was it via email? I submitted back in August and havent heard anything yet unfortunately lol
Email! I saw an interview slot every 16th of the month until April

Edit: I also saw on the Pomona feed that it may be worth sending an update letter pre-II! I saw some ppl get an II after that

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II today! I submitted like last month so I think it's worth applying :)
do you mind sharing stats? I'm not sure if I'm competitive enough to apply here right now

edit: congrats on the interview I hope you crush it!

Email! I saw an interview slot every 16th of the month until April

Edit: I also saw on the Pomona feed that it may be worth sending an update letter pre-II! I saw some ppl get an II after that
Can confirm, I sent an update and got a II 3 days later

is a 505 competitive here? jw because i'm thinking of retaking

Is this the same as a letter of intent?
I suppose it could be, but for me it was simply an update letter to let them know of some new experience hours + continued interest. Then after the II I sent an official letter of intent.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received wl decision from the 1/20 interview - basically says that the class was already filled prior to the interview date!

would you happen to know if theres a difference btw an alternate vs waitlist ?
I believe there is - waitlist is basically an acceptance but the class is full, while alternate is more of the classic "waitlist". Comp-NW pulls from their waitlist first, and alternate list only gets pulled from when the waitlist is empty.

Is anyone still waiting for 1/20 decisions or did they send most out yesterday?

Withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of y'all and that alternative list gets moving!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted 2/16… does anyone know the chances of me getting off the waitlist at some point?

Is there an accepted students page?

do you mind sharing stats? I'm not sure if I'm competitive enough to apply here right now

edit: congrats on the interview I hope you crush it!
I got in with a 501 mcat so they really look at your application holistically.

Is this school still sending out interviews/secondaries? I applied here pretty late