2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II just now! LM 62, complete 8/18

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
IS II this morning! Completed 9/3....submitted 7/21, but had to wait for MCAT score update

Members don't see this ad :)
This is an appeal to applicants who had to take Casper for admission to WesternCOM (all campuses, please confirm).

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

II just now. Completed 10/23. For anyone who has finished the interview, how was it? It's my top choice, so I am very nervous about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete at the end of September too but have yet receive an II. Getting kinda worried since I attended several events hosted by Western since 2022 haha
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! If you haven't heard back in another month or so it may be worth sending an update/letter of interest in the program.

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished my interview here yesterday and it was great for the most part! I did get a suuuuper weird vibe from one of my interviewers though that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth

Just finished my interview here yesterday and it was great for the most part! I did get a suuuuper weird vibe from one of my interviewers though that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth
Happy to hear it went well and thanks for sharing! Do you mind if I DM to ask about the weird vibe? I have an interview coming up soon as well.

A via phone call yesterday interviewed 10/28

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get another "Application is still with admissions committee" email? This is the second time I got this email, so I'm nervous that this is a sign I won't get asked to interview and ultimately be rejected...? Anyone else in the same boat?

Are update letters allowed? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a reliable source regarding their policy.

Are update letters allowed? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a reliable source regarding their policy.
I think to some extent. I emailed awhile back asking my admissions counselor if I could send an update letter on some shadowing experience. They said an update letter on new experiences was fine but that they werent accepting updates on academics at the time.

I think to some extent. I emailed awhile back asking my admissions counselor if I could send an update letter on some shadowing experience. They said an update letter on new experiences was fine but that they werent accepting updates on academics at the time.
Awesome, thank you for your response! I was recently promoted to lead MA to train new hires/more responsibility as also took on a new role the free clinic I volunteer for. Do you think this would warrant an update letter, especially since I have more leadership/responsibilities?

Awesome, thank you for your response! I was recently promoted to lead MA to train new hires/more responsibility as also took on a new role the free clinic I volunteer for. Do you think this would warrant an update letter, especially since I have more leadership/responsibilities?
I'd say go for it, they seem to be pretty chill about it. Also, it may not be a correlation but I received a II from them 3 days after sending in my update letter so I like to think it helped.

Anyone from the 12/2 interview date hear any decisions yet? (or also anxiously refreshing sdn every 15 seconds?) I believe they said we could hear back today through friday right?

Anyone from the 12/2 interview date hear any decisions yet? (or also anxiously refreshing sdn every 15 seconds?) I believe they said we could hear back today through friday right?
Lol haven't heard back but can confirm on compulsive page refreshes.

I interviewed on 12/1 and my status hasn't changed from 'submitted', but a faculty member from COMP-NW called this afternoon and left a cryptic voicemail. Hopefully that's good?

Got the acceptance call this evening, so excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on 12/1 and my status hasn't changed from 'submitted', but a faculty member from COMP-NW called this afternoon and left a cryptic voicemail. Hopefully that's good?
I received the same kind of voicemail. They only call if they're giving you an acceptance!

Do you guys know if everyone that will get accepted tomorrow HAS to get a phone call today? I know in the interview day they said they would call if you got an A either yesterday or today before official status updates happen on Friday, but I was just curious if it’s possible to still get the A without a phone call

Did anyone get a call for the A today? Curious if they are still making calls or if they did them all yesterday.

got the A call at 11 am PST today!!!!! still can’t believe it! 98% sure I’ll accept:,)

Reactions: 5 users
Lmao got placed on alternate list :/ via email update. I’m OOS

IS alternate list. At least it is not a rejection lol. I was pretty sure I bombed my interview and thought I would get a rejection🙈

On that note, does anyone know how much waitlist movement happens? And also, if the waitlist is ranked in any way?