5 more weeks till dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same! I dreamed last night that they emailed me and told me I got in, but the email didn't have my name on it, so I emailed them back asking if they just put the wrong name on the email or what and they sent me an email back saying that I was not accepted!!

I wonder if the opposite can happen, where a school accidentally rejects u December 1 and then accepts u December 2

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hate how everyone prematurely asks me if I got into dental school right after my interview is over and I have to remind them I won't hear anything until December.

Reactions: 10 users
I hate how everyone prematurely asks me if I got into dental school right after my interview is over and I have to remind them I won't hear anything until December.
Well, hate is a strong word. And not everyone is applying for dental school, and understand how the process going.
I'm in the middle of the cycle and still doesn't understand much and know what is going on. Take 2 seconds saying that "oh I won't know until Dec" is not that bad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, hate is a strong word. And not everyone is applying for dental school, and understand how the process going.
I'm in the middle of the cycle and still doesn't understand much and know what is going on. Take 2 seconds saying that "oh I won't know until Dec" is not that bad.

I hate you.

Reactions: 8 users
I totally regret telling people I will be hearing back Dec 1....because what if I don't hear back? :shrug:

Reactions: 12 users
-

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"*pleading with my killer*

Why are you doing this to me, cholesterol?"
"

Don't lie. You love it. One-of-us. In other news, the first thing I'm doing when I get back to Cali is getting In N Out. Hope I make it back before they close :xf:

59366493.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
A little confused - can you put down 2 deposits in December if you get into two of your top schools and need more time than 1 month to to decide? Or is that not allowed?

A little confused - can you put down 2 deposits in December if you get into two of your top schools and need more time than 1 month to to decide? Or is that not allowed?
You may put multiple deposits but after April 15th(?) you must choose one school.

It feels like just yesterday that this thread was created. Now theres 8 days left.

Crap.

Reactions: 4 users
Can you guys just imagine...In 2 weeks our lives will change forever!?
In 1 week, can you imagine that we'll know who our classmates from SDN will be?

Reactions: 6 users
D1 here, it's such a weird feeling to realize that there are about to be new dental students officially in the pipeline. Feels like it was so recently that I was lying in bed at 8am, aggressively checking my email every 35 seconds.

Good luck to all of you guys, hope you have happy December 1sts!

Reactions: 14 users
I have to work Dec 1 and my email is blocked for some reason there. Going to be so painful.

Reactions: 4 users
D1 here, it's such a weird feeling to realize that there are about to be new dental students officially in the pipeline. Feels like it was so recently that I was lying in bed at 8am, aggressively checking my email every 35 seconds.

Good luck to all of you guys, hope you have happy December 1sts!
lol "aggressively", it's true though

I WILL GET PHONE CALLS ON DEC 1!

This is what I exactly say every morning.

Reactions: 1 users
I keep having these dreams where I'm at interview day and at the end is they line up interviewees and go through each one to tell them his/her fate. Every time they get to me they tell me app is "shredded". Dec 1 better come fast or I'm gonna lose my mind.

Can you guys just imagine...In 2 weeks our lives will change forever!?

What if it didn't though? What if the black hole inside the Milky Way became active sucking us all into it's abyss allowing us a glimpse of our entire future in mere seconds. These future experiences would include our acceptances to D school from which we would then be dumped into a different space-time singularity where it remained Nov.30 for billions of years.

What if it didn't though? What if the black hole inside the Milky Way became active sucking us all into it's abyss allowing us a glimpse of our entire future in mere seconds. These future experiences would include our acceptances to D school from which we would then be dumped into a different space-time singularity where it remained Nov.30 for billions of years.
That is still changing our lives forever also

Reactions: 5 users
I was in class when I received my phone call and was unable to take it :arghh:
Also my fear because I can't take phone calls at work :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

During my interview at UDM, the head of admissions said that he calls people and if they don't answer he leaves a voice mail saying to call him back since apparently saying you are accepted to a mailbox or any other entity other than "you" is a HIPPA violation? He also says after he tries again he will text you to call him and if you do not do so in a timely manner he will go to the next person on the list. So I don't think that if you don't answer the call the first time they will just be like "oh well on to the next one."

During my interview at UDM, the head of admissions said that he calls people and if they don't answer he leaves a voice mail saying to call him back since apparently saying you are accepted to a mailbox or any other entity other than "you" is a HIPPA violation? He also says after he tries again he will text you to call him and if you do not do so in a timely manner he will go to the next person on the list. So I don't think that if you don't answer the call the first time they will just be like "oh well on to the next one."
I'm just impatient as all hell and know that it will be killing me inside to see/hear my phone ring and not be able to answer lol

Not sure if this was answered on this post, but come Dec 1st, do schools also send out rejections to those without and interview invite prior?

"

Don't lie. You love it. One-of-us. In other news, the first thing I'm doing when I get back to Cali is getting In N Out. Hope I make it back before they close :xf:
Non related to December 1st but no one says Cali if they are from CA fyi.... You must be from
NorCal?

I'm either going to cry from happiness in one week or cry from sadness.

Either one :rofl:

Reactions: 9 users
The whole science department at my school is rooting for me.. And they are even more anxious than I am.

God bless me on Dec 1st please!

Reactions: 6 users