5 weeks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl7893

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
5 weeks from tomorrow we'll find out the first round of decisions! I may or may not have a countdown app on my phone. I'm so excited it's ridiculous! We're almost there guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I have my interview in 2 weeks. super nervous

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a specific time in the am that schools will release their decisions? Or does it just depend on the school?

Is there a specific time in the am that schools will release their decisions? Or does it just depend on the school?
I'd assume it varies between each school, just enough to leave you stressed out all day long.

Reactions: 2 users
cant-wait.gif

STOP FREAKING ME OUT DENTALGIRL7893!

Although I am extremely excited

Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Theres more than a month left...lmao neurotic af

5 weeks is nothing compared to how long this whole process has been, pleb. I just really wanted to use the word pleb. Please don't take offense lol.

EVERYTHING WE'VE WORKED TOWARDS THROUGHOUT UNDERGRAD(for most traditional students), COMES DOWN TO THIS MOMENT. VICTORY IS WITHIN REACH. huzzaahahhhhhhhhhhh!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 10 users
So. Is it December 1st or 2 nd ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best part is I will be driving back home that day after spending a weekend stuffing my face with Thanksgiving dinner. If I don't get in, I have leftover comfort food. If I do get in, I have celebratory food.

Om nom nom

Reactions: 13 users
If I get in, I'm just going to walk around my school and appreciate everything around me. To look back at our journey and reflect on our hardships,struggles and successes in this long process will really put everything into perspective for us.

Reactions: 7 users
Can schools release rejection notification after an interview? If that's the case, and I don't hear anything until Nov. 30th, is it a safe bet that I got accepted/waitlisted?

5 weeks is nothing compared to how long this whole process has been, pleb. I just really wanted to use the word pleb. Please don't take offense lol.

EVERYTHING WE'VE WORKED TOWARDS THROUGHOUT UNDERGRAD(for most traditional students), COMES DOWN TO THIS MOMENT. VICTORY IS WITHIN REACH. huzzaahahhhhhhhhhhh!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

tumblr_n2sksutPK01rvnnvyo4_250.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Can schools release rejection notification after an interview? If that's the case, and I don't hear anything until Nov. 30th, is it a safe bet that I got accepted/waitlisted?
Some schools will reject right away but other schools will wait all the way until spring

Why are you freaking out you're totally gonna get in !!
Freaking out in an excited/nervous sort of way. I just want time to move faster so there's no more waiting!

I'm so excited as well! It's like Thanksgiving break will be our time to shine, we eat great food, buy a bunch of cheap things on black Friday, and then await D-Day on Monday. Although, personally, I think the real excitement will start for me at graduation b/c I still have to get through physics 1 and 2. >.>

BUT YAY, SO CLOSE! GL everyone :)

18038ac095f87748fba77553bcca720d.jpg

Definitely eating extra on thanksgiving so I can go into a coma until the first of december. This day can't come any quicker than the rate it's currently approaching.

Reactions: 3 users
4 weeks should hopefully be nothing compared to the 4-5 months we've waited already! *positive thinking*

Either way I think on d day I think I'll be getting margaritas for lunch with my friends to celebrate or drink away the pain :p

4 weeks should hopefully be nothing compared to the 4-5 months we've waited already! *positive thinking*

Either way I think on d day I think I'll be getting margaritas for lunch with my friends to celebrate or drink away the pain :p
I'm going to be in class with my phone on my desk next to the door in case I get a call! My poor professors having me in class that day lol

29 days...and then 7 more months of waiting lol

Good luck to all of you! Hope this is an excellent cycle for SDN with tons of good news :D.

Last edited:
27 days until Monday, December 1st...
tumblr_lt6o046Ifw1qcjcju.png

Reactions: 11 users
Getting there
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1415117685.619398.jpg

I AM FREAKING OUTTTTTTTT

afde02ac5d25f9b9ba7c03a35e37c8c9.jpg

Let's begin saying 22 days since we'll all be away from school and classes for Thanksgiving break...

Anyone else going into a food coma that day besides me?!

Let's begin saying 22 days since we'll all be away from school and classes for Thanksgiving break...

Anyone else going into a food coma that day besides me?!
It's actually only 19 days till thanksgiving break for me at least! I'm counting down this way too! But yes, food coma definitely. Good relaxation time with family good food then hopefully good dental school decisions!

for those of us still in school, only 14 more school days :eek:

It's actually only 19 days till thanksgiving break for me at least! I'm counting down this way too! But yes, food coma definitely. Good relaxation time with family good food then hopefully good dental school decisions!
Hahah, for some reason when you mentioned 'good family time', I got kind of teary. Idk why, I'm not far away from family, I'm living at home, I think it's just the beauty of December 1st that's getting to my emotions. :heckyeah:

Hahah, for some reason when you mentioned 'good family time', I got kind of teary. Idk why, I'm not far away from family, I'm living at home, I think it's just the beauty of December 1st that's getting to my emotions. :heckyeah:
I totally get what you're saying! It's an emotional time!