50$ to change test date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indiaberry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just not going to be able to make it to the exam test site this April. Sunday is Church day. Saturday, I have other plans.
I already register for the April MCAT. I was telling my family today that it is $50 to change the MCAT date from apiril to August. I can't seem to find that anywhere on the site. I am so sure that when I register for the April mcat, the website told me that the fee is $50 to change the date.
Now that bring me back to...why can't I find this information right now?

How do I get to take the mcat in August, rather than April by paying the fee? I don't want a refund and have to pay 110$ more. That would total to 330 of my spending budget. That is too much. :thumbdown: What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/about/faqs.htm#reregistration
I have already registered for the MCAT but will not be able to take it. Can I get a refund?

If you submit your registration to sit for the domestic test and then, for whatever reason, decide not to attend the test, you are eligible for a 50% refund of your registration fee provided your request is postmarked 10 business days or more prior to the test date. This policy is the same for domestic CBT and paper candidates. Refunds will not be issued to candidates who registered for foreign test centers (paper or CBT).

The maximum refund for the regular registration fee is $105.00. Additional fees paid for a Sunday test center, late registration, or other charges are not refundable. Extension of this deadline will not be granted under any circumstances and there is no appeal process.

For a Paper Test registration refund, requests must be postmarked 10 business days or more before the test date on your Admission Ticket or Confirmation. Write "REFUND" across your unused Admission Ticket. If you paid your fees by credit card and wish to have the refund credited, please write the credit card number and expiration date on the Admissions Ticket. Otherwise, the refund will be issued in the form of a check payable to you. Please also indicate a change of mailing address, if necessary. Mail your unused Admission Ticket to: Refund Request, MCAT Program Office, P.O. Box 4056, Iowa City, IA 52243-4056.

If you have not yet received your Admission Ticket, submit your refund request in a letter. Please include your name, address, SSN and indicate your credit card number if you would like your fee credited to your account, otherwise a check will be issued in your name. Be sure the letter is postmarked 10 business days or more prior to the test date. No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked less than 10 business days before the test.

The MCAT Program Office will begin issuing refunds six weeks after the test date.

If you have questions regarding paper MCAT registration or administration, please call (319) 337-1357 or e-mail [email protected].

I suggest you do that. I do know a few people who did move their testing date but as far as I know they just asked for a refund and couldn't just "move" their date for an additional fee. I know you can do it for other CBT's at testing centers but I was unable to find any reference either of changing your testing date.

While I sympathize with your plight, you knew the date and well far in advance. With rigid testing structures such as this you have to work around the test, it won't work around you. Something has to give.

indiaberry said:
I am just not going to be able to make it to the exam test site this April. Sunday is Church day. Saturday, I have other plans.
I already register for the April MCAT. I was telling my family today that it is $50 to change the MCAT date from apiril to August. I can't seem to find that anywhere on the site. I am so sure that when I register for the April mcat, the website told me that the fee is $50 to change the date.
Now that bring me back to...why can't I find this information right now?

How do I get to take the mcat in August, rather than April by paying the fee? I don't want a refund and have to pay 110$ more. That would total to 330 of my spending budget. That is too much. :thumbdown: What should I do?

I don't think that you have much of a choice. If you want to change your test date to August, you have to request a refund (the maximum amount of which is $110,) and then re-register in August. Like you said, your total cost to take the test would be $330.

If that extra $110 is an issue, I would just take it in April and change your "other plans." I don't think you have any other choice, really.....

Good Luck,

Jota