aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you so much! Im really nervous for the nycpm interview because its three different ones, but its good to hear that they are chill overall
It was actually only 2 for me. But yeah! Just be prepared to justify any low grades they tend to really focus on that. As well as adjusting to the city. But if you have honest answers they're very understanding

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
that mean's I have to take multiple bottles because I take different vitamins?

1 bottle is fine.

They only care if it's liquid, gell, aerosols.

Make sure you have them ready out of your baggage during security check.

Take off shoes, belt, and everything in pockets.

Have laptop out of bag in a bin.

Check in 24hrs prior online and print or screen cap boarding pass on phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else get a huge booklet mailed to them by Kent?

Reactions: 2 users
It was actually only 2 for me. But yeah! Just be prepared to justify any low grades they tend to really focus on that. As well as adjusting to the city. But if you have honest answers they're very understanding
OK great! Thanks for the heads up, I do have a lot of grade explaining to do lol

Has anyone interviewed at Des Moines yet? I've looked over the interview section on SND, but what just wondering if anyone had any tips or anything! I'm going later this week.

these last few weeks my mcat score wouldnt verify because i had the wrong aamc id number put in......

Got accepted to Temple! My top choice so far!! Super excited and happy!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You gonna keep interviewing or are you going with Temple for sure?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

I have an interview at CSPM soon, I'm thinking I'll still go to that just to see. I'm pretty dead set on Temple though.

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview at CSPM soon, I'm thinking I'll still go to that just to see. I'm pretty dead set on Temple though.
Looks like grandpa Bob got another one!! JK. As stressful as the interview process is it sure feels nice to have to choose between schools.

Reactions: 3 users
how long does it take to hear about scholarships from Temple? I got in as well but I need to know my financial situation before making a decision

Reactions: 1 users
how long does it take to hear about scholarships from Temple? I got in as well but I need to know my financial situation before making a decision
I believe you get your official scholarship offer once you get your acceptance packet in the mail. That should've been mailed if y'all were already accepted, so then it just depends on how far away you live from Philadelphia. If you need to know ASAP you could probably call the school.

Also with only 2 weeks to put down a deposit how long will it take me to hear from kent I interviewed there as well but haven't heard back yet

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

Also with only 2 weeks to put down a deposit how long will it take me to hear from kent I interviewed there as well but haven't heard back yet

I actually called Kent today. I interviewed there on Sep. 19th and haven't heard back from them yet even though they told me in the interview to expect an answer in about a week (and its now been over 2). They said they recently got really behind in sending out their decisions, but to expect to hear from them by the end of the week.

I just heard back from Kent and NYCPM - interviewed a week ago at Kent, and 5 days ago at NYCPM.

I just wanted to say I'm glad to see y'all staying active and helping eachother throughout the process. Y'all are everything good about SDN.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey my pre-pod fam! So I submitted my app to Barry a few weeks back and they responded with the application under review. What does that mean? I haven't sent in my rec letters yet so could it be that they are waiting for my rec letters?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just heard back from Kent and NYCPM - interviewed a week ago at Kent, and 5 days ago at NYCPM.
How was the interview at NYCPM? I just got an interview invite, and I was wondering when I should schedule it.

Hey my pre-pod fam! So I submitted my app to Barry a few weeks back and they responded with the application under review. What does that mean? I haven't sent in my rec letters yet so could it be that they are waiting for my rec letters?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Right now they're reviewing your application to decide whether or not to invite you for an interview. Don't worry about the letter of recs yet, they give out ii's before they receive LORs.

BTW Barry is currently cancelling all interviews for next week due to the hurricane and should hopefully be sending out the new interview dates soon.

For anyone who has interviewed at NYCPM: did the interview day go all the way until 3pm? I'm not from the area and trying to catch a bus around 4/4:30 that will require the subway to get to, and wondering if that is possible or cutting it too close.

For anyone who has interviewed at NYCPM: did the interview day go all the way until 3pm? I'm not from the area and trying to catch a bus around 4/4:30 that will require the subway to get to, and wondering if that is possible or cutting it too close.

When I interviewed there it really did not go past 230 unless you want to visit student housing.

How was the interview at NYCPM? I just got an interview invite, and I was wondering when I should schedule it.
It good, very easy. They were a little more interrogating than the other schools, tho!!! They really stress that you should be able to handle the workload and city

^Also for me, the interview went till just after 2. Since I did the tour of housing, probably ~2:30 I was out of there.

my undergrad GPA is 2.93 but i have a 2.6 sgpa so I guess I knew that the schools that screened would reject me but it still sucks. also got a rejection from Arizona this morning.
i got a 499 MCAT and 2 summers research experience, authorship on a research article, experience shadowing podiatrists, and scribe experience.

Hey guys. So I know some people found it reassuring that I had gotten ii's from NYCPM and CSPM even with my low GPA so I thought I'd keep you updated because I know I was having a lot of anxiety when I got my rejections from Western, AZPOD, and Temple. Along with NYCPM and CSPM I also got ii's from Barry, Kent, and DMU and I'm still waiting to hear back from Scholl! So don't give up if you have a low GPA--if you work to strengthen the other stats/parts of your app, it's still possible to get interviews! Now to deal with the anxiety of actually interviewing and wondering whether or not I'm going to get in lol.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys. So I know some people found it reassuring that I had gotten ii's from NYCPM and CSPM even with my low GPA so I thought I'd keep you updated because I know I was having a lot of anxiety when I got my rejections from Western, AZPOD, and Temple. Along with NYCPM and CSPM I also got ii's from Barry, Kent, and DMU and I'm still waiting to hear back from Scholl! So don't give up if you have a low GPA--if you work to strengthen the other stats/parts of your app, it's still possible to get interviews! Now to deal with the anxiety of actually interviewing and wondering whether or not I'm going to get in lol.

So "screeners" = AZ, Wst, Tm

Always thought Barry was right up there with them. And I believe the screen is set at around 2.5 / 2.6ish, so wouldn't you have made it through regardless?

Anyway, so if just 3, out of the 9, schools screen, leaving a low gpa applicant with 6 schools to apply to still isn't bad. You'll save money on app fees too.

To help your anxiety:
You'll get in. They wouldn't bring you in for an interview if they didn't want you, you know?

So "screeners" = AZ, Wst, Tm

Always thought Barry was right up there with them. And I believe the screen is set at around 2.5 / 2.6ish, so wouldn't you have made it through regardless?

Anyway, so if just 3, out of the 9, schools screen, leaving a low gpa applicant with 6 schools to apply to still isn't bad. You'll save money on app fees too.

To help your anxiety:
You'll get in. They wouldn't bring you in for an interview if they didn't want you, you know?

The email I got from AZPOD said that their screen is set at 2.75 for both sgpa and cgpa. The rejection emails from Western and Temple were less specific about their GPA requirements.

And thanks for the encouragement!

Why hello there Mike ;D

Pleasure meeting you at CSPM.
It was a real pleasure! Hopefully we will know how it "really" went within the next few days haha. Again congrats on the other acceptance! Now its my time!

Does anyone know temples email address? Currently out of the country and don't have access for international calling. I looked online and the only info they had were a bunch of phone numbers. Maybe I didn't look carefully.

Also I applied in mid August and still haven't heard back from them. Do you guys think this is normal? I've heard back from every school I applied to except Temple and Barry.

[email protected]

^^^ that's for admissions. If you'll like a particular faculty member or department just let us know.

And what does it say in your app? Are you being reviewed? Some forumers pointed out that some schools won't look at you w/o letters of recs. Ask them in your email though

[email protected]

^^^ that's for admissions. If you'll like a particular faculty member or department just let us know.

And what does it say in your app? Are you being reviewed? Some forumers pointed out that some schools won't look at you w/o letters of recs. Ask them in your email though
I think it was just Scholl that requires letters of rec and official mcat scores to look at your app.

Also, has anyone not received an ii from every school they applied to? Not sure which schools are seriously considering me or if they just ask mostly everyone to interview.

I think it was just Scholl that requires letters of rec and official mcat scores to look at your app.

Also, has anyone not received an ii from every school they applied to? Not sure which schools are seriously considering me or if they just ask mostly everyone to interview.
I have received all ii except Barry and western university; oh and wait-listed for AZPOD, if that helps?

Last edited:
The email I got from AZPOD said that their screen is set at 2.75 for both sgpa and cgpa. The rejection emails from Western and Temple were less specific about their GPA requirements.

And thanks for the encouragement!

Got ii from both Western and AZpod.

Waitlisted at Western. Rejected at AZpod.

Very competitive programs academically. The screener is one thing. Even after interview there is no guarantee of acceptance. Made sense with my sGPA - 2.9

Gotta remember you're early in the cycle. Already puts you at an advantage.

They wouldn't invite you if they didn't think you were a decent candidate who meets their minimum GPA requirements.

Sometimes I think its a fluke getting invites from places that will waitlist or reject me.

But you just have to dig deep afterwards and say "Yeah there were weaknesses in my academics or app or interview. Maybe I wasn't what they were looking for in that program."

Long story short, if they weren't at least a bit interested in you, they wouldn't have invited you for interview. They picked you for a reason. Believe that.

Gotta remember you're early in the cycle. Already puts you at an advantage.

They wouldn't invite you if they didn't think you were a decent candidate who meets their minimum GPA requirements.

Sometimes I think its a fluke getting invites from places that will waitlist or reject me.

But you just have to dig deep afterwards and say "Yeah there were weaknesses in my academics or app or interview. Maybe I wasn't what they were looking for in that program."

Long story short, if they weren't at least a bit interested in you, they wouldn't have invited you for interview. They picked you for a reason. Believe that.
Sorry about Arizona! But you're right. I think i'm just trying to justify not interviewing at some places haha. Let us know where you decide going!

Ok so all transcripts are verified finally (why the hell I didn't do it sooner I'll never know), and my LORs were sent in 2 weeks ago.

Do schools typically contact first through email, or are ii's going to be made through AACPMAS ?

Ok so all transcripts are verified finally (why the hell I didn't do it sooner I'll never know), and my LORs were sent in 2 weeks ago.

Do schools typically contact first through email, or are ii's going to be made through AACPMAS ?
Email. Sometimes phone calls

If i was told that I would receive and admission decision within 5 days and it's going on the 2nd week, should I call or wait? What would you guys think? Too pushy? It's to DMU btw...

Is it too late to begin the application process now and be complete by around mid November?