Anybody else on here . . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotdog
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a former professional ski patroller?

Members don't see this ad.

Former competitive skier and still avid skier - never patrolled though. A friend of mine patrolled for about 5 years, however, and then decided he wanted to go into medicine. I think applying as a former patroller would be a major asset to your file since it's so unique in terms of premedical training and would likely stand out amongst the standard premed routine. The motivation behind your desire to practice medicine would also likely be a lot more clear than some of the rhetoric that you hear from typical premeds. This friend of mine ended up at Dartmouth - I would guess that his success had a lot to do with these things. He was relatively successful academically of course...

Members don't see this ad :)
spc213 said:
NSP member 1995-2000. I used my experience in my essays.

Where did you patrol? I worked at Grand Targhee in WY for three years. I really miss it, but am obviuosly really looking forward to med school as well. Maybe someday I'll go back there and open a clinic or something.

registered user said:
Where did you patrol? I worked at Grand Targhee in WY for three years. I really miss it, but am obviuosly really looking forward to med school as well. Maybe someday I'll go back there and open a clinic or something.

Ski Cooper, Leadville, CO. I loved it, but stopped when I moved out of state for a period. I miss it, too, and I won't get much of a chance to use my patrol skills in Arizona! :p