Army National Guard's new Med student program details.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Punkiedad - Fear not. There are a lot of med students that are attracted to the idea of getting a free education and getting to wear a uniform, but not if it means ever going in harms way. Such individuals generally prefer to go the AF route (not knocking the USAF, & I certainly do not mean to imply that all med students in the AF are chickens). That is however, why the Chair Farce HPSP (okay, now I'm poking fun a little bit) is the hardest to get into. They can afford to deny you over an F.

I don't have crystal balls, but if I did, they would be telling me that you will not have a problem getting into the Guard & getting ASR orders. I would recommend that you do not submit any letters until prompted by LT Frye to do so. That could/prolly would slow things down. I suggest that you not draw any attention to it. If they spot it (no doubt they will, but most likely they won't care), they may ask you for a written explanation.

Note: I am not promoting dishonesty, nor are you being dishonest. You have submitted official transcripts and all of your academic 411 is already in their hands. I am merely suggesting that you wait for the Guard to bring it up. It's really no biggie. You have an acceptance letter to med school in hand, that's the golden ticket. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OK, everyone seems to know their way around the ASR program really. well. (esp. notdeadyet, amindwalker, freeze, and others....do not get offended if I left you out) In any event, here is my updated situation.

I applied to AFHPSP before even knew ASR program existed. Applied to ASR afterwards, and packet should be at or near USAREC. Found out today that I was declined for AFHPSP! The reason was nebulous, but I think it has to do with two Fs I got while getting my MBA....long story but my son got very ill and was in the hoispital during the finals of these classes. I got a transcript that said they were incompletes and focused on taking care of my son and put the MBA on hold.....well, a year and a hlaf go by, son still in & out of hospital changed my life, so I forget about MBA and take prereqs, apply and get into med school......so, dont know if all that makes sense but..........................my question is do you guys think the Fs will make this huge difference and get me excluded from ASR? My AF recruiter did mention them, and so did the maj. that interviewed me and both were satisfied with my answer (did not even know the Fs existed until igot transcripts for med school app!)

So, simply, what do you guys think the likelihood of me getting dumped from ASR? And, if this is a big deal, any thoughts? (I told the Af recuiter if I would have known this in January, I would have taken the damn classes again and aced them like I did all the other MBS classes I took......) I know it is the military, but are they really this myopic, or is this just an AF thing?

thanks, in advance

Did you already get into medical school? If you did, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. Your NG packet needs your med school admission letter as well as a USAREC 1105 from the registrar. I'm surprised the AFHSPS checked your grades..but I guess it makes sense. They are investing A LOT of money in you.

I'm curious, what are the demographics here?

I mean, of those of you in or soon to be in the program:
Age (non-trad?):
MD vs. DO:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious, what are the demographics here?

I mean, of those of you in or soon to be in the program:
Age (non-trad?):
MD vs. DO:

DO
Vermont (moving to WV soon for school)
ARNG prior service (currently serving my 8th year)

DO (graduate next year)
Erie, PA
Married
2 young sons
ASR is outstanding!

That is however, why the Chair Farce HPSP (okay, now I'm poking fun a little bit) is the hardest to get into. They can afford to deny you over an F.
Agree with this. The Air Force is pretty consistently the first to fill up for HPSP, so they can probably afford to be more selective. If you were set on HPSP, I'd advise trying Navy or Army as it might be a non-issue.
I would recommend that you do not submit any letters until prompted by LT Frye to do so. That could/prolly would slow things down. I suggest that you not draw any attention to it. If they spot it (no doubt they will, but most likely they won't care), they may ask you for a written explanation.
Excellent advice. Be completely honest, but there's no such thing as lying by omission here.

That said, I think that your situation, punkiedad, might raise a few more eyebrows than if you just had a few isolated F's (which many of us do, by the way).

In your situation, without knowing any backstory, what you're describing essentially looks as if you went to business school then flunked out. This might give some concern you'll flunk out of med school.

Your recruiter is earnestly trying to get you approved, as that's how they're judged successful. I'd explain the situation honestly with your recruiter and see if they feel anything additional is necessary. Like amindwalker says, I doubt supporting letters will be necessary, but having your recruiter know you didn't flunk out is probably a good thing.

Best of luck with the process.

first of all:

MSI in July 2009
wife and 2 children allowing me to fulfill my dream
LECOM-Erie

Now......I was hoping to hear that form you guys. I did not know AF was theone that fills up first. as I mentioned, I applied there before I even knew about the ASR Program (thanks again Amindwalker)......I was still weighing the options, but ASR sounds the best, but part of me was still looking, but I guess I can always go active duty afterwards....

In any event, I did talk about this with my recruiter, and even the maj. that interviewed me. he gave me an outstanding (the only one that he has ever given, but then only wote one bullet point about the grade thing) So, I guess this is lesson one....THIS IS HOW THE MILITARY WORKS.....does not have to be logical, that is just the way it is. I get it now. I thought it owuld be like corporate america, haha. my bad.

I appreciate all the encouragement. My packet was supposed to go to USAREC last week? not sure when they meet, but I was thinking it may take until next month. Thanks again.

first of all:

MSI in July 2009
wife and 2 children allowing me to fulfill my dream
LECOM-Erie

Now......I was hoping to hear that form you guys. I did not know AF was theone that fills up first. as I mentioned, I applied there before I even knew about the ASR Program (thanks again Amindwalker)......I was still weighing the options, but ASR sounds the best, but part of me was still looking, but I guess I can always go active duty afterwards....

In any event, I did talk about this with my recruiter, and even the maj. that interviewed me. he gave me an outstanding (the only one that he has ever given, but then only wote one bullet point about the grade thing) So, I guess this is lesson one....THIS IS HOW THE MILITARY WORKS.....does not have to be logical, that is just the way it is. I get it now. I thought it owuld be like corporate america, haha. my bad.

I appreciate all the encouragement. My packet was supposed to go to USAREC last week? not sure when they meet, but I was thinking it may take until next month. Thanks again.

USAREC met all last week, so your recruiter should have the results for you this week. I think I should hear back tomorrow (everyone is off today because of Pres. Day) what USAREC said. If it gets kicked back again for needing some more stupid paperwork I will be mighty mighty pissed. We'll see tomorrow though :). Let us know when they say when you hear it.

Age (non-trad?): 28
MD vs. DO: LECOM-B D.O.
Etc: Prior Air Guard, almost 9 years. Guard paid for all my undergrad and ASR will hopefully cut med debt in half!

I have my class II physical friday at the local ARNG base. Anyone bypass MEPS?

As far as I'm aware, if you've already completed your MSO, then signing up to be an officer does not incur an additional service obligation, because it's not like a reinlistment where you sign up for 6 more years, per say. My MSO ends this coming December, and I reinlisted for last year to stay in the NG (instead of going to the IRR), so my obligation to the national guard is still until December of 2013. I still have finish that obligation, even though I become an officer.
Sorry to revive an old post, but I spoke with a recruiter who was pretty emphatic that prior service folks will incur an additional MSO.

I was referred to AR 135-91 to check it out (which is online). When you are commissioned, you incur an 8 year MSO, six years drilling. This isn't specific to ASR apparently; anyone who is commissioned from the enlisted ranks incurs this new MSO.

Just mentioning it for you, koojo, in case it's a big deal. If you still find your recruiter telling you otherwise, make sure that's reflected in the contract.

Sorry to revive an old post, but I spoke with a recruiter who was pretty emphatic that prior service folks will incur an additional MSO.

I was referred to AR 135-91 to check it out (which is online). When you are commissioned, you incur an 8 year MSO, six years drilling. This isn't specific to ASR apparently; anyone who is commissioned from the enlisted ranks incurs this new MSO.

Just mentioning it for you, koojo, in case it's a big deal. If you still find your recruiter telling you otherwise, make sure that's reflected in the contract.

Are you referring to the table on the 3rd page (document's 3rd page, not pdf 3rd page) which deals with officer service obligation? (http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r135_91.pdf) I didn't see on the list a Direct ARNG/USAR appointment (prior-service), just non-prior. My current enlistment expires 12/2013 and I was told that once I become an officer my obligation would go until that date. I will read the paperwork more closely when I sign it, but I haven't heard of prior-service ARNG member who has done 8 years already, becomes an officer, and is required to do 8 more years. Usually you have only the initial 8-year MSO which goes until the 8th anniversary of initial enlistment, officer appointment, or officer induction, which ever comes first.

My understanding, based on looking over probably that same AR, is that if you have done any of your MSO, (which BTW is 8 yrs. over a lifetime, further elongation of contractual obligation is different from MSO IIRC) that when you take a commission, your contract is for 2 years or the remainder of your MSO, whichever is longer. You don't get 8 yrs added on if you have done 8 already.

Mr. Freeze and Koojo- I'm sure you fellows have a better command of this stuff than I do. I haven't researched it thoroughly since it doesn't apply to me.

You might check out this thread on the National Guard site. The same recruiter outlines it in another thread. Net of it is his claim that you incur an additional 6 drilling years post-commission, regardless of how much you've served as enlisted.

Another recruiter told me the same verbally. But god knows they could both be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be clear, I haven't signed yet, and will do so this week. Unless I incur anything beyond what I expect, which is 2 yrs. So I don't know 100% what the contract reads, just the AR. I'll have to check that site. After I go get my high and loose...

USAREC met all last week, so your recruiter should have the results for you this week. I think I should hear back tomorrow (everyone is off today because of Pres. Day) what USAREC said. If it gets kicked back again for needing some more stupid paperwork I will be mighty mighty pissed. We'll see tomorrow though :). Let us know when they say when you hear it.

Ok. the saga continues. I got a call back from my recruiter today. Although the USAREC met last week, my file was not reviewed. She said there was another board this week (???) and hopefully it would be reviewed then. Fast forward to tonight and she calls me and said they had an issue with my weight and the needed to get neck and waist numbers???? I thought AF numbers were more restrictive. I was right on for AF, but 2 pounds over for Army? At MEPS, there were bigger army guys than me.............so she said she had to upload it and the board meets tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well.

I dont want to start making bad comments, but it would seem there are many other things they could over think than this...............I know. It is the military.

I dont want to start making bad comments, but it would seem there are many other things they could over think than this...............I know. It is the military.

This is the reason the process takes 6-9 months. My recruiter said it's supposed to take that long. The people who get through in 2-4 months manage to both have a very proactive recruiter AND get extremely lucky. I hope you get done for the next board :luck::xf: but if not, try to keep the big picture in mind.

Fast forward to tonight and she calls me and said they had an issue with my weight and the needed to get neck and waist numbers???? I thought AF numbers were more restrictive. I was right on for AF, but 2 pounds over for Army? At MEPS, there were bigger army guys than me.............so she said she had to upload it and the board meets tomorrow.

The reason she needed that is because you needed to get taped using DA Forms 5500-R. This is the Automated Body Fat Content Worksheet (you can get it here for excel and it will calculate it for you: http://www.armystudyguide.com/conte...eight_control/automated-body-fat-conten.shtml).

When you exceed your weight limit, you must be taped. For each age group there is a maximum body fat % that you can have. It ranged anywhere from 18-26%. You're actually supposed to be taped by another individual and have a witness present to make sure that the tape is parallel to the floor. Being taped will not hinder your military career in any way, EXCEPT if you fail your tape. There are plenty of guys who are very muscular that surpass their weight limit but pass the tape with flying colors.

Failing the tape isn't very good. First, you will be red flagged, meaning that you can't get promoted (not supposed to anyway). But once you pass the tape everything is cleared up. If you're interested you could input your own values into that link that I sent you and see whether you pass/fail the tape. I'm sure you're fine if you're just 2lb over.

I was a medic for an infantry training company for five years so I've taped hundreds of soldiers...most of the passed.

Since we're talking about physicals...

For those active in the program, during ASR, you have to pass the APFT twice yearly, correct? Are those fitness tests conducted at the same time each year for the National Guard, or is it random, or is it by state or unit, etc? Also, is this something done with your unit or do you go to MEPS or what's the story there?

Just curious. I've been pounding on step I and need to devote some time to working out but am wondering when I should expect to have to do my first one.

Since we're talking about physicals...

For those active in the program, during ASR, you have to pass the APFT twice yearly, correct? Are those fitness tests conducted at the same time each year for the National Guard, or is it random, or is it by state or unit, etc? Also, is this something done with your unit or do you go to MEPS or what's the story there?

Just curious. I've been pounding on step I and need to devote some time to working out but am wondering when I should expect to have to do my first one.

Theoretically you only have to take the APFT once a year (actually someone told me that your PT test is good for 18 months). Most units do it twice a year because one of them serves as the diagnostic to tell you where you're at, and the other one is for record. The PT test is not random, it's usually scheduled a year in advance and you will see it on the yearly training schedule. The time of the year will depend on your unit. This APFT is done at your unit.

In the NG, physicals are done at the NG State Medical Department, often abbreviated as Med Det. They recently changed the physicals to every two years. This physical is not as in depth as the MEPS physical (no duck walks...), and usually you don't have to drop your pants and cough :). If you have a good Unit Administrator, they will call you and tell your physical is. Usually they have to schedule an appointment at Med Det for you because there will be other people there getting physicals as well. Physicals usually occur on Saturdays and Sundays because Med Det is a regular drilling unit (one weekend a month) just like any other unit.

Theoretically you only have to take the APFT once a year (actually someone told me that your PT test is good for 18 months).
My recruiter tells me that ASR folks have to pass the PT test every six months. It's not the usual Guard schedule. But thanks for the rest of the info, koojo. Much appreciated.

amindwalker or iatrosB- can you confirm the 2x/year APFT and who you do it with? Curious if it's via your recruiter office or via the medical unit you are assigned to. Thanks...

My recruiter tells me that ASR folks have to pass the PT test every six months. It's not the usual Guard schedule. But thanks for the rest of the info, koojo. Much appreciated.

amindwalker or iatrosB- can you confirm the 2x/year APFT and who you do it with? Curious if it's via your recruiter office or via the medical unit you are assigned to. Thanks...

I have yet to take a APFT with my unit and I will not have to this year at all. It's probably unit dependent (I have the most flexible unit EVER).

I took a diagnostic APFT in OBLC (and easily passed) and I imagine they will use that as my APFT on record.

The reason she needed that is because you needed to get taped using DA Forms 5500-R. This is the Automated Body Fat Content Worksheet (you can get it here for excel and it will calculate it for you: http://www.armystudyguide.com/conte...eight_control/automated-body-fat-conten.shtml).

When you exceed your weight limit, you must be taped. For each age group there is a maximum body fat % that you can have. It ranged anywhere from 18-26%. You're actually supposed to be taped by another individual and have a witness present to make sure that the tape is parallel to the floor. Being taped will not hinder your military career in any way, EXCEPT if you fail your tape. There are plenty of guys who are very muscular that surpass their weight limit but pass the tape with flying colors.

Failing the tape isn't very good. First, you will be red flagged, meaning that you can't get promoted (not supposed to anyway). But once you pass the tape everything is cleared up. If you're interested you could input your own values into that link that I sent you and see whether you pass/fail the tape. I'm sure you're fine if you're just 2lb over.

I was a medic for an infantry training company for five years so I've taped hundreds of soldiers...most of the passed.

Kudos koojo.....great site. I put in the stats and came out 7% under body fat. So I should be good to go (theoretically......)

Thanks again. Great website for others to check out if they 'miss the cut' in terms of weight that is

Kudos koojo.....great site. I put in the stats and came out 7% under body fat. So I should be good to go (theoretically......)

Thanks again. Great website for others to check out if they 'miss the cut' in terms of weight that is
You're a better man than me. If I ever fail the height/weight test, it ain't going to be because I'm too muscle-bound.

I have yet to take a APFT with my unit and I will not have to this year at all. It's probably unit dependent (I have the most flexible unit EVER).

I took a diagnostic APFT in OBLC (and easily passed) and I imagine they will use that as my APFT on record.
Good to hear. I take my Step I in 8 weeks and three days (but who's counting?) and will be doing maintenance exercise, not making great strides of improvement. I'd like to continue to improve my shape, but I'd rather not make it a priority until I put the USMLE in my rearview. It's hard to do any long workout without me thinking I should be hitting flashcards instead.

You're a better man than me. If I ever fail the height/weight test, it ain't going to be because I'm too muscle-bound.

Maybe you should start bench pressing the cadavers in the anatomy lab..mwahahah :highfive:

In the NG, physicals are done at the NG State Medical Department, often abbreviated as Med Det.
I might be attached to my state's Med Det., so I have a hunch they might be by-the-book when it comes to physicals!

I might be attached to my state's Med Det., so I have a hunch they might be by-the-book when it comes to physicals!

Usually physicians are attached to the Med Det, because they're the ones who have to approve on the physicals (PA's can do some of them). If you're on ASR you will actually leave your unit and be part of the Recruiting and Retention unit in your state.

Usually physicians are attached to the Med Det, because they're the ones who have to approve on the physicals (PA's can do some of them).
I have the option of Med Det or an Area Support Medical Company. The former is a lot more physicals, the latter is a lot more work with medics. Debating, as the latter is much further away.
If you're on ASR you will actually leave your unit and be part of the Recruiting and Retention unit in your state.
This varies a lot by state, I think. For where I'm at, I'm asked to drill with my unit monthly schedule permitting. If schedule doesn't permit, I'm to let them know what I was doing instead so they can capture it. I'll also help out with recruiting as things pop up.

A lot of folks have asked questions about what they do in ASR during med school and residency. Participants have been great about sharing their personal experiences. But the orders for ASR are pretty vague so you must check with your state.

As you go through the recruiting process, when you get to the point that the recruiter knows you're serious, ask to speak to who your CO will be. They can ask you to drill monthly or it could be the occasional dinner with premeds. You won't know until you ask and you don't want to find it will be a larger commitment than you think after the ink is dry.

Just got the call. USAREC said yeay. YEEHA! So I have to let go of my SSG rank :)() and dawn the 2LT rank. I have to fly down to West Virginia this Sunday because the state board is Monday morning.

Funny thing I noticed the other day, and didn't pay much attention to but I thought we were commissioned through asr in the MSC? I apparently was commissioned into the MC as it shows up on my orders and ID. I know I drill with the Med Det but am attached to the JFHQ. I dont think its that big of a deal I was just wondering if we were all supposed to be msc officers initially.

Funny thing I noticed the other day, and didn't pay much attention to but I thought we were commissioned through asr in the MSC? I apparently was commissioned into the MC as it shows up on my orders and ID. I know I drill with the Med Det but am attached to the JFHQ. I dont think its that big of a deal I was just wondering if we were all supposed to be msc officers initially.

That's actually pretty cool. If you're in the Medical Corp now, that means that later on when you graduate from medical school you won't have to transfer from the MSC to MC. My recruiter initially thought I was going to be in the MSC until I graduated from med school, but apparently that's not the case.

Just got the call. USAREC said yeay.
Congrats, koojo. Getting approved from afar is the hard part. Making your case in person will give you some control over your fate...

Well done Koojo!

Be advised that if any of you/us have been commissioned into the MC (rather than MSC), it is by error. You have to have an MD or DO degree in order to be in the MC (please feel free to look it up).

Here's my concern; if, as a med student, you are in the MC, you will have to wear the MC insignia on your class A or dress blue lapel or you will be out of uniform. If you do that however, you will be impersonating a physician (a really big no no). It's a catch-22 in which you will be violating regulations in either case. Fortunately, there is no place for the MC insignia on the ACU, so this glitch could/probably would go unoticed. It will therefore probably amount to no big deal. It could be a problem though, so it would be best to correct it ASAP.

Recruiters can make mistakes, but you are still ultimately responsible for you. YOU could face charges even though it was the recruiter that messed up. As with all things here, don't take my word or that of anyone else for it. Please look into it for yourself to be safe.

Just got a call and the Feb state board that was supposed to be this Monday is cancelled because the guy doing the board couldn't be there. I'm pissed. I had to cancel my flight and car reservations, and now have to wait for the March board. This probably put a damper on me going to OBLC that's supposed to happen April 9, 2009 - 04 May 2009. Not a happy camper right now...

I have the list of the people who were accepted by USAREC in February during last weeks board. Supposedly this was the BIGGEST Medical board in HISTORY. If anyone wants to know if they're on it, PM me your name (first and last) and I will let you know. This is a list from USAREC. Can't post it because it's for official use only.

For me it says that I am eligible to commission into MC as a 00E67 (student doctor). It says MC for pretty much everybody...I didn't see MSC. I'll actually be commissioned when I raise my hand and take the oath at the state board. It does not say MSC, so you can theoretically wear the MC insignia on your Class A's.

Here is the breakdown for the Feb board:
TOTAL Boarded: 31

3 Dental Students
18 Medical Students
3 Doctors
3 Physician Assistance
1 Social Worker
1 Environmental Science
1 Nuclear Science
1 Aero Medical Evacuation

Last edited:
Just got a call and the Feb state board that was supposed to be this Monday is cancelled because the guy doing the board couldn't be there. I'm pissed. I had to cancel my flight and car reservations, and now have to wait for the March board. This probably put a damper on me going to OBLC that's supposed to happen April 9, 2009 - 04 May 2009. Not a happy camper right now...
Shoot, koojo, I"m sorry to hear that. I've heard this sort of stuff happens all the time, but that sure is small consolation. Were you hoping to start the ASR pay on 1 APR or was your recruiter shooting for 1 JUL?

Sorry to hear about your troubles though. It's frustrating having things railroaded by problems outside of your control...

If you do ASR, are you also eligible for other National Guard benefits (tuition, etc ...)? Does taking these other benefits affect whether or not you are deployable in medical school? Thanks!

Here is the breakdown for the Feb board:
TOTAL Boarded: 31
Just in case folks in the pipeline are worried about the 200/yr limit, by my read, only 10 of the med students appear to be ASR (still lots of folks taking MDSSP).

Shoot, koojo, I"m sorry to hear that. I've heard this sort of stuff happens all the time, but that sure is small consolation. Were you hoping to start the ASR pay on 1 APR or was your recruiter shooting for 1 JUL?

Sorry to hear about your troubles though. It's frustrating having things railroaded by problems outside of your control...

Thanks man. I was able to talk to my current unit and get them to start a packet for me for the OBLC course in April. This way ill have a better chance of getting a seat. We are hoping for ASR to start April 1st. They are currently working on my ASR control number and inter-state transfer from VT to WV.

If you do ASR, are you also eligible for other National Guard benefits (tuition, etc ...)? Does taking these other benefits affect whether or not you are deployable in medical school? Thanks!
The benefits offered by your individual state to all National Guard folks will apply to you and will not incur any additional years of service (the physician specific programs that pay you additional funds will). Taking those other benefits in addition to ASR will not make you deployable.

We are hoping for ASR to start April 1st. They are currently working on my ASR control number and inter-state transfer from VT to WV.
Huh. My recruiter told me that you could not actually apply for the ASR control number until you have sworn in on your commission. And the deadline for the 1 APR ASR payout is 1 MAR.

The benefits offered by your individual state to all National Guard folks will apply to you and will not incur any additional years of service (the physician specific programs that pay you additional funds will). Taking those other benefits in addition to ASR will not make you deployable.
Thanks! Could someone please give me contact info for a recruiter? Thanks again.

Thanks! Could someone please give me contact info for a recruiter? Thanks again.
PM sent.

EDIT: sent him/her contact info of the national recruiter a lot of us have used. If any of you have one specifically for TX, pass it on...

Last edited:

If by chance you're going to be in Arkansas, give me a call or reply. I'm at UAMS in the ASR program.

Drew Lewis
479-466-2797
[email protected]

You'll know your board went well when the full-bird says, "You better get all that pinstripe $%*@ off, LT, you're out of uniform. Now get out of my office!" while laughing...

<-----is against all enemies, foreign and domestic...

Huh. My recruiter told me that you could not actually apply for the ASR control number until you have sworn in on your commission. And the deadline for the 1 APR ASR payout is 1 MAR.

That's true, but if you're recruiter is as cool as mine, he'd call up NGB and ask for an exception for an ASR control number:). That's what he told me anyway, we'll see.

Well done Koojo!

Be advised that if any of you/us have been commissioned into the MC (rather than MSC), it is by error. You have to have an MD or DO degree in order to be in the MC (please feel free to look it up).

Here's my concern; if, as a med student, you are in the MC, you will have to wear the MC insignia on your class A or dress blue lapel or you will be out of uniform. If you do that however, you will be impersonating a physician (a really big no no). It's a catch-22 in which you will be violating regulations in either case. Fortunately, there is no place for the MC insignia on the ACU, so this glitch could/probably would go unoticed. It will therefore probably amount to no big deal. It could be a problem though, so it would be best to correct it ASAP.

Recruiters can make mistakes, but you are still ultimately responsible for you. YOU could face charges even though it was the recruiter that messed up. As with all things here, don't take my word or that of anyone else for it. Please look into it for yourself to be safe.

mindwalker, are you sure about this? maybe it has changed for the ASR program? I only ask because I think that the other guy at my school who is asr is in the MC and all the dental students are already DE. either way I think we're all still 00e67

By the way, I raised my hand today. I'm officially 2LT Notdeadyet now....