ATSU-SOMA and KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckywong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently found out that I have to send the LORs to the KCOM address for SOMA. Am I correct? IF yes, does it mean they have the same committee to review the applications for both schools? I'm freaked out as I used the same essays for both:the questions are pretty close to each other. Anyone please !!

Members don't see this ad.

I've recently found out that I have to send the LORs to the KCOM address for SOMA. Am I correct? IF yes, does it mean they have the same committee to review the applications for both schools? I'm freaked out as I used the same essays for both:the questions are pretty close to each other. Anyone please !!

They are not the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses! For mailing the letters, SOMA mentions:
MAIL ALL SUPPORTING APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO:
A.T. Still University
Admissions Department
800 W Jefferson Street
Kirksville, MO 63501

Does anyone specify by adding "SOMA" in the address? We still need to send separate letters for each program?

Thanks for the responses! For mailing the letters, SOMA mentions:
MAIL ALL SUPPORTING APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO:
A.T. Still University
Admissions Department
800 W Jefferson Street
Kirksville, MO 63501

Does anyone specify by adding "SOMA" in the address? We still need to send separate letters for each program?
Weird. I don't remember snail mailing anything to KCOM or SOMA. I thought I sent everything electronically. I used VirtualEvals to send my LORs and I thought my secondaries went through their portal.

The problem is with my undergrad school. my school does not use any electronic sys to forward the letters. :(

Semi-related question: Does having an interview from one ATSU prevent you from receiving an interview at another?

Semi-related question: Does having an interview from one ATSU prevent you from receiving an interview at another?

No. And it shouldn't affect your chances at admission to the other if you get accepted at one of the two campuses either. Both schools are part of the same university, but they both go after the same group of students. So they are like two separate entities when it comes to admissions.

Though I will say that they both have very different curricula and missions/goals when it comes to training students, so you might fit/get attention at one campus and not get any attention from the other. But that doesn't mean it's because the campuses work together on admitting students. Hopefully that makes sense.

No. And it shouldn't affect your chances at admission to the other if you get accepted at one of the two campuses either. Both schools are part of the same university, but they both go after the same group of students. So they are like two separate entities when it comes to admissions.

Though I will say that they both have very different curricula and missions/goals when it comes to training students, so you might fit/get attention at one campus and not get any attention from the other. But that doesn't mean it's because the campuses work together on admitting students. Hopefully that makes sense.
Agreed. I interviewed at both and was accepted at both.

The problem is with my undergrad school. my school does not use any electronic sys to forward the letters. :(
Oof. That's annoying.

Nope. Like I said, applied to both and got IIs to both, although KCOM was a little quicker on the draw.

Oof. That's annoying.

Nope. Like I said, applied to both and got IIs to both, although KCOM was a little quicker on the draw.

Weird since I've gotten an ii from SOMA but not KCOM. And since they're both pretty even with stats and my numbers are above avg for both, I find that a little weird. Oh well...

Weird since I've gotten an ii from SOMA but not KCOM. And since they're both pretty even with stats and my numbers are above avg for both, I find that a little weird. Oh well...
Same thing happened to me. I have been accepted to ATSU-SOMA, but have only heard crickets from KCOM. Oh well, Missouri is cold in the winter. :)