Auburn c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ameropean_chelsea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Woo Auburn! Who all applied here?

I worked for an avian vet who graduated from there, and it seems pretty amazing!

Members don't see this ad.

Me :)
Auburn is a beautiful, highly-competative school.
Definetly worth applying to.

Definitely have my fingers crossed! Although the veterinary economics essay question on their supplement was a bit of a downer to write about. It was pretty interesting researching my answer for it, but not exactly a sunshine and rainbows topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it was a bit tricky, but might help reducing the number of applicants. Not anybody wants to write about this topic when other essays are easier ;)

Hope I did well with my answer :)

That's a good point. And it's necessary to be aware of in any case. Are you just applying to Auburn or others as well?

I applied to several schools, but each of which I really like.
Auburn is OOS for me (FL) but my husband is from Alabama, so even though its OOS it would be most convenient for us. And it's a great school with people being really nice.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying there again this year. Waitlisted OOS last year so hopefully this will be my year! Good luck everyone!

The last email I got from them was Oct 3rd saying "
The deadline for submission of vmcas applications has now passed. If you are missing an ELOR it can be emailed to me by your evaluator to[email protected]

Please give us some time to get through applications before you start checking on documents. I will accept supplemental applications after today GRE scores are received and uploaded to our mainframe once a week on Monday. If your scores are not here when I check you will be notified and allowed time for you to get them to us, even pdf or scanned copy with proof that Auburn University is authorized to use the scores.

All students will be notified of status as we go through our process. I have almost 1100 applications so our review process will take some time so please be patient.

If you have a question or an immediate issue please email me at the email address listed.

Good Luck!

Kaye"

Did anyone else get this? Has anyone gotten anything since then? Just wondering if we will get an update at some point...

The last email I got from them was Oct 3rd saying "
The deadline for submission of vmcas applications has now passed. If you are missing an ELOR it can be emailed to me by your evaluator to[email protected]

Please give us some time to get through applications before you start checking on documents. I will accept supplemental applications after today GRE scores are received and uploaded to our mainframe once a week on Monday. If your scores are not here when I check you will be notified and allowed time for you to get them to us, even pdf or scanned copy with proof that Auburn University is authorized to use the scores.

All students will be notified of status as we go through our process. I have almost 1100 applications so our review process will take some time so please be patient.

If you have a question or an immediate issue please email me at the email address listed.

Good Luck!

Kaye"

Did anyone else get this? Has anyone gotten anything since then? Just wondering if we will get an update at some point...
I did not get an rmail like that; however, Kaye did contact me directly about some questions she had for me. She's very nice and quick to respond, so I would say it'd be okay to email her now if you want an update.

The email I got pretty much said we have all your crap interview invites will be sent in January for interviews in February.

I emailed Kaye today checking on things, since I never got any conformation about interview dates, etc.

The email I got pretty much said we have all your crap interview invites will be sent in January for interviews in February.

Are you an OOS applicant? I haven't heard anything yet, and I seem to remember my IS friends who applied last year heard back about interviews much later...

Hey there everyone! I haven't heard much either- I am OOS as well. I have been to the facilities a couple times with equine referrals, and the facilities are beautiful! The vets and students I have met are really nice as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I'm out of state. "All required documents have been received by Auburn University. Your file is complete. Students selected for interviews will be notified in January to schedule interviews in February. Those not being offered an interview will be notifed in that same time line." This is literally the email I got from Kaye. I copied and pasted this directly from my email so..

I got an email reminding me to send my fall grades directly to Auburn and not to VMCAS, but no email about my file being complete. Obviously I can't submit my fall grades yet (still 3 weeks left in the semester), but could that be why?

mm i wouldn't think so...i have fall grades to send and they didn't send me an email about it. Odd.

Just got my rejected email or rather my "you will not be receiving an interview" email. I'm OOS.

i know, sorry didn't mean to be rude. It just sucks
Oh no, I didn't think you were. It's just hard to say what's going on with other people. It's such a small population of applicants on this site. I'm very sorry though. Do you have other applications still in?

oh yeah, applied to ten. Only officially rejected from two so far. And two interviews. So its ok i guess lol

I got an email asking for a transcript that listed my AP credits rather than just the hours I got in total, as well as an email asking when I will complete animal nutrition. So far this is all I've heard!

seriously am i the only one tho?
" We only have 40 seats to offer for OOS and 864 OOS applicants" sound familiar? you're not alone and don't think you're the only one. Some people just don't bother with posting or hasn't got around to it yet. You applied to 10 schools, heard from four and got two interviews. Good for you!!! Concentrate on the interviews you do get. You were just not meant to be at Auburn for whatever reason. Neither was I. I also did not get an interview last year. But I do have two interviews (so far) this cycle and one acceptance. Don't let negative thoughts poison your accomplishments and where you're headed. Congrats on your interviews!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement @vet4life . It's much needed during this stressful time! congrats and good luck to you as well!

Has anyone heard anything else? I haven't, but just wanted to check in...

They are usually the last to interview.

Hi folks,
I received an interview invite from Auburn this morning. Wasn't expecting it this early given last year's thread. Good luck!

I'm OOS

What does your last name start with? Maybe they are going in an order of some sort....

I received an email this morning for interview dates for first 2 weeks in February. My last name starts with P.

Ugh. They probably have no system we could figure out...

So much for after the 1st of the year!

Last cycle I didn't hear about my invite until 01/20

Last year there was some issue with their system so I got my interview invite the last week of January for less than 2 weeks later in February.

oh lord.... now I am freaking out all over again. why do they do this at the holidays?!

I got an interview invite email today and am OOS. The interview dates are Feb 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11.